Daisy Ridley says criticism of her character Rey is sexist

holy shit misogynist BTFO!

>you can't critique women or your a sexist

How come women aren't sexist when they constantly critique and make fun of men?

BLOODY HELL, BLIMEY

wow, really made me think

I guess criticism of Anakin was misandry.

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

Women are more equal to men.

Is she,dare I say, /ourgirl/ ?

>rey
>character
choose one

I don't get it

Good Rey, good. Surrender to the jew side.

Daisy, I thought you were better than that.

Everyone needs to be extra nice about Felicity Jones in Rogue One to B this fucking lamprey TFO

Criticism of Finn is nigandry?

But Rey is objectively a terribly written and drastically underdeveloped character. I have nothing against Daisy Ridleys performance - it's pretty difficult to act when your character has the depth of a puddle.

Yeah, this. Calling that a character is stretching it.

ALL GENDERS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME GENDERS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

Napoleon, is that you?

i want to lick daisys poo hole!!

This is literally true. Average IQ and standardized tests aren't much different between men and women, maybe slightly higher for women, but women are much more likely to score closer to the mean on tests.

I can't disagree, desu.

i fukn kekd

>“The Mary Sue thing in itself is sexist because it’s the name of a woman. Everyone was saying that Luke had the exact same [capabilities]. I think Rey is incredibly vulnerable, and nothing she’s doing is for the greater good. She’s just doing what she thinks is the right thing. And she doesn’t want to do some of it, but she feels compelled to do it. So for me, I was just confused.”

the only people that care about "mary sues" are feminists. "Sexists" only use the term ironically.

>what is Gary Sue

Isn't she a bit late on this? By like half a year or more? Is this an attempt on her part to keep herself relevant, or did it take her this long to come up with a very played and very easy comeback?

>Luke had the exact same capabilities

She has no idea what he's on about does she.

This was a poor move on her part. Her character was criticised for the writing and direction. She escaped most of it.

Now she has revealed herself to be a very ugly person.

Do you think she's seen any of the originals?

Well someone asked her about it directly and she answered.

She can fuck right off with her shit acting then

wtf I love Daisy now!

>Now she has revealed herself to be a very ugly person.

No, the cameraman did that.

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome causes brain damage doesn't it?

>she escaped most of it
lots of people know she cant act

>Now she has revealed herself to be a very ugly person.
I guess but she was always ugly

>Remember when Luke was captured in the death star and used the force to convince that stormtrooper to let him go!
I memba!

KEK

IM ACTING

Oh, that make sense. Still a pretty weak answer, though it's very clearly virtue signalling, unless she literally believes that, which would make her an idiot.

She basically admitted that she never actually saw any of the original trilogy.

She right.

It's now been officially established the TFA hate on Sup Forums comes from a place of angry virgin bitterness at a strong girl main character piled on top of a not so subtle mocking of the childish nature of a wannabe badass (kylo ren) revealing he's just ultimately a poser, the kylo ren character being the one those angry bitter virgins so initially identified with.

@75754814

I aint givin ya that (you)

Im shocked

This daisyfag has been saying the same shit for weeks on end AHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well there's another waifu lost to the feminist plague. We need really need start finding cures to these mental disorders

In the interview she comes across as more confused about it than anything. As usual blogs push the angle they want and it makes her come off a certain way.

And I thought this thing was ugly on the outside!

>he waifud daisy ridley
>letting feminism cuck you because the waifu was so shit tier
just laffin

Somehow it doesn't seem to bother butthurt fags, the farm boy whose life experience amounts to riding a go cart around sand suddenly becomes the best x-wing pilot making an impossible shot because womp rats or that after a 5 minute crash course with a senile yoda defeats darth vader and decides he's a jedi master

But the girl who has working on, salvaging, fixing, etc space ships since she was like 5 knew how to fly and fix one of the most common freighter designs in the galaxy and managed to knock down and injure a poser sith with not much more than basic bad guy training and a few party tricks despite what you wanted to believe, also bleeding out before their fight started, and out of focus since he just killed his dad.

Could it be possible you might be biased based on some other issues?

At least I'll always have Anna, based mousefu never lets me down

so women are more likely to be mean

Are people in this thread really suggesting that the whole Mary-Sue thing was in no way associated with sexism?

So it just so happens all of my sexist friends keep on going on about this, but my normie friends have never brought it up as an issue. Total coincidence.

Look, the screenwriting was clearly sub-optimal in that movie, but to pretend like this whole thing has nothing to do with sexism in some small way is kind of funny.

But she is a used up slag. There are pictures of her getting drunk and slagging around.

>Look, the screenwriting was clearly sub-optimal in that movie
you can't say the movie is bad that's sexist

Reported to the Justice Department for misogyny, you can't just attack a movie's quality because it has a female lead!

She said his "character" not her acting...

Is she retarded?

If a character is bad is bad it doesn't matter if is a woman or a man.

Her acting is worst.

Whats the link to this article?

its not sexist to think the character feels completely hamfisted

At least post some faggot

wow so this was the next step in their master plan

you must accept total mary sues or you are literally hitler..

But user, you ARE Hitler!

>the farm boy whose life experience amounts to riding a go cart around sand
+ a space ship, and it's his dream to be a pilot, and he's so proficient that he can shoot rats with it

>after a 5 minute crash course with a senile yoda defeats darth vader
in ANH he never fights Vader, Vader doesn't even know his name
In ESB with training he loses

>But the girl who has working on, salvaging, fixing, etc space ships since she was like 5
yeah exactly, Luke was a whiny douche living with his aunt and uncle, everyone is giving him shit, calling him a manlet, saying he's not ready for anything. he has 1 skill - piloting and has a a natural affinity for the force that allows him to do what? fly without a targeting computer. Without the force you could probably do that.

Rey is a badass orphan who don't need nobody but everybody loves her. Bad guys and good guys are trying to recruit her. She has all her force powers with 0 training. She's great at everything, has 0 flaws and has a dark sad past!!!! - a teenager's fantasy.

The way the left mommy cuddle women like their children is far more sexist than anything on the right.

That's not the point I was trying to make, so I'll elaborate. I'm sure there are a bunch of people who thought the writing was not stellar and had problems with Rey's characterization. I include myself in this group.

I just think a lot of the most passionate people who keep talking about this shit are motivated because they have some kind of internal baggage. Not even most people, just a small but vocal group.

People pretend like this is absurd, but I think it is clearly true.

Luke spends the first two movies getting BTFO, so his eventual triumph feels earned. Even when he blows up the seath star he's part of a larger force, and his final shot is portrayed as a leap of faith rather than a display of ability. Rey overcomes every obstacle with ease from the get-go, there are no hardships endured or lessons learned. It's not narratively satisfying.

maybe feminists realized how stupid the concept of mary sues are so they are trying to remove themselves from the term. A mary sue is not the result of sexist writing, its just bad writing in general. The Force Awakens is riddled with bad writing.

Nice armchair psychology Mr Reddit

but she ain't blaming the writers, she's blaming the fans

How old was she when she got her cunt busted anyway?

>star wars movie
>protagonist can't act
why do they keep doing this!!!!!!!!!

>sexist to fictional characters
The fuck is happening to people these days?

I mean, you're right that sexists are likely to jump on this as ammunition, but it would be disingenuous to turn that on its head and suggest that the majority of these criticisms stem from that place. It's an "all toast is bread, but not all bread is toast" situation.

The ovary thing? She mentioned on the instagram post that she's had problems since she was a teenager. So for like 10 years now I guess.

People here cry about anything and everything having to do with women but i think the character is the only reasonable time to actually get pissed off. You can say the character is weak and unsure but the exact opposite is show for the entire films, everything revolves around Rey doing something for someone, its almost like breaking the forth wall because the character seems almost inhuman

you have no friends

Sounds about right. Watching TFA threads devolve pretty much confirms most OCD hatred for this movie comes from misogynist virgin angst. You could actually witness the bitter virgin add to his list of excuses as other gave him material, latching on, adding it to his excuse list. One angry misogynist virgin threw out the uncommonly used term old film term, Mary Sue. Over the next few days, it exploded in usage as it became a nice excuse with the added bonus of invoking female power imagery that their subconscious butthurt originated from. Then came the she can't act, so on and so on. A nice laundry list of excuses developed but the real reason behind it all was the misogynist virgin got butthurt because he went into the movie thinking she's gold bikini waifu character, all prepared to wear his kylo ren costume for halloween, then she turned out to be the hero, kylo ren was made emo manchild...and the bitterness exploded.

VERY LEWD WEBM
DO NOT OPEN

she's such a mediocre slag honestly, not worth the effort of turning your head if you saw her walking down the street, fame is it takes to make people obsess over someone and make them their waifu

lucky bitch

5/10. I know you're joking, but it was still weak.

the daisyfag is still going guys. still damaging controlling

The left is regressing mentally to the level of their muslim pets.

>how dare you not instantly love Rey-Rey Sue like everyone in the movie did?

Faux quoting? Is this some kind of new meme?

im not saying she isnt a slag. but do you guys really think thats slag behavoir? that right there is normal behavoir

JJ knew EXACTLY what kind of movie he was making, Kylo Ren is literally a personification of the "fan" that he knew wouldn't like the movie.

An impotent loser who puts Star Wars on a pedestal and revolves his entire life around it even though he doesn't actually understand the thing he's worshiping.

She's Lil Anakin all over again. An obnoxious super powered pain in the ass who everyone loves
Finn would be Luke

Not a Daisy-fag, but shows how socially backward some people here are.

>bland wooden actress
>bland Mary Sue character

Yeah totally "sexist"...

No, he's just a summerfag. Its why he posts like this is jr high. OMG you guyz!

>An obnoxious super powered pain in the ass who everyone love
>implying
Jake Lloyd's childhood and career was ruined because of that movie.

Yeah, I agree she is not right if she is characterizing all the criticism as sexist. The blog is portraying it that way, but I don't consider clickbait blogs to be reliable sources.

Yeah, I would have preferred if the film was different too and I don't think it is sexist to critique the film. But for people to pretend there is no sexism involved with the fan reaction of Rey, I guess all I can say is I don't agree.

Both correct.

at least she got an ass now tho

No, this can't be happening! Rey is MY WAIFU!

its when you dont want to give a (You) to obvious bait

the joke is I didn't mind her, I just hope as shit they have a good explanation for her power in the next movies

but if they're gonna make it about SJW shit now I'm offended