Once upon a time I had a lot of savings, and my friend wanted to do stock market trading...

Once upon a time I had a lot of savings, and my friend wanted to do stock market trading. We made a Nordnet account under my name where I put 10k euros for him to play with, and all seemed to go well.

However, today I heard that he remembers giving me 10k in cash so I'd make the account under my name to avlid extra taxes from earning more than 1k on his own account, and now demands that the original 10k that started the account belongs to him.

This is really stretching our friendship, and neither of us can prove whether or not he gave me 10k in cash at some point. What can we do to solve this?

unless he can prove it, the money is yours since it's in your name
tell him to go suck a lemon

I still wish either of us could prove this one way or another, since I wouldn't want to lose my oldest friend because of a money dispute.

To clarify, the main thing at stake is the friendship, not the money.

To clarify, the main thing at stake is the friendship, not the money.

Can you clarify it for me?

Open your bank statement.
Show that there's no input of 10k cash.

Its not like you carry 10k in bills around to pay off shit. Otherwise invite him to search your house.

Otherwise ask him to open his bank statement showing 10k loss.

He says he gave it in cash. I have cash in my safe because I work retail, and I don't know why he'd have had 10k in cash since I remember him asking to use my money specifically because he needed a starting investment. He has suggested that we'd get my cash checked for fingerprints, but how do you check fingerprints from bills?

Always the risk you take when you enter a financial commitment with someone. I hope you've learned a lesson about getting thing notarised when dealing with large sums of money.

However, you seem to be in a position where you can just "forget" about a transaction of 10k in cash - surely you'd have taken the money to a bank to slowly transfer in and earn from. They'll be a record somewhere of that if his story is true, and that record will prove it.

Of course, the same is true in reverse. If he's not a position to have large sums of cash, he will have had to have withdrawn it. And banks don't like you withdrawing money like that from them, so if his story is true then the bank in question will have a form he will have filled out to withdraw the money to give to you.

Seeing as he is the one stating he paid you 10k in cash ask him if he can prove it. Where did his 10k in cash come from?

this

I have savings from when my mother died, and I have money in cash because I would lose subsidiaries if I had too much money on my bank account. I don't know why he'd have had so much in cash, but he says the reason he needed to use my nordnet-account is that you can only earn 1k tax free per account.

Also worth noting is that he has repeatedly asked for more money, but I have always refused to give more than that to him because I feared he might lose more than he could ever repay. He on the other hand says there's only 10k in the account because it was all the money he had at that time, and that he'd have asked for more just to get my money invested better.

/thread

So op I hate to break this to you but he is probably trying to scam you.

This is what you do.

If you actually believe he could have given you the money:
> Make him give you details about it
> Unless you were drunk you should have remembered.
> Even if drunk make him help you search for it.

If you don´t belive him. He is obviously trying to scam you out of 10k. That is not a friend worth having.
> Call him out on the bs
> Tell him you can´t remember him paying you back
> That it makes zero sense that he would give you money in cash.
> ask why he gave it to you in cash.
> Grill him on it
> He might be able to provide some evidence of it but probably not
> Tell him you want your 10k
> Tell him once he given you that you can forgive him
> I know it is not about your money
> It is about your friendship

But op don´t forget about your dignity.

Indeed, it's about dignity more than the money. I'm absolutely certain that it's all my money, and if I just gave up it would mean I let myself get fucked like a submissive cuck, and that would not be a good setting for a friendship.

As far as I remember it, it has always been clear that ge's playing with my money, so now it was a shock when he claimed he'd have given it to me in cash. He always said that he needed money to make money and would have liked to use even more of my money in stocks, and this is the first time he gave any other excuse for why he'd been using my account for it for the past five years.

Sounds like he lost it and instead of taking responsibility want to act like he already gave it to you. He also sounds like a real cuck.
> Booohooo I am oppresed
> Person who acctualy is succesful help me
> "Gets helped"
> Fucks it up
> Shit what am I supposed to do
> Can´t even go the line of being honest with the person who gave him the chance to change his life
> instead bs lies

He is a lost cause and a loser op
Get rid of him trust me

Actually, he is much more of a businessman than I am. The only reason I borrowed him money is that I had a lot of savings from inheritance, and he cpuldn't do stock trading without money to get started. If he's doing this on purpose, it would ve because he believes it wouldn't be that wrong to take money from someone who wasn't using it himself.

What I said.
> Booohoo I don´t have cash
> Can´t get started even though I am really good
(At this point worth asking if he acctualy proved this to you or just convinced you)
> Well he is not using this money so I will claim it
> Trick this fool into it being my money to begin with
> Pats himself on back even though he sounds like a dick.

I specifically remember him saying that he needed leverage to make money, as you can't buy stocks to begin with without it. And I remeber him often asking for more, but he claims it's because he wanted to help me keep my money safe from economy. He is seriously guilt-tripping me about how he has ever only tried to help me, but that's only serving to make the whole ordeal more emotional and hurtful.

Well you can't make money if you don't have money. That's how the economy works.

Kill him.

> You can+t make money if you don´t have money

GET A FUCKING JOB.

Also he clearly does not know shit if he tries to win all on stock market and he is not a day trader.

He should have been investing in good founds in Asia or Swedbank Robur technology for example and compound invest in different fonds.

He is probably a psychopath if not sociopath atleast based on his behaviour. He is guilt tripping you because he knows it will be harder for him to leave you.

Also from personal experience this is what I did:
> I told him off
> Told him I did not want to talk to him
> Wait about a month
> Take up contact again
> Remind him that you are not good
> That there is still something there
> But main reason you got in touch is that there is no point in fighting

Worked for me. It is a good way to make your words real and not just empty threats. If he belives you would never break your friendship then you are screwed.