Is this true?

Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_theory
youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this really what's getting taught in women's studies courses these days? No wonder modern feminism is so fucked up.

That statement looks to be saying "never" and "always" without using the words.

I would say, on principle, that statement is false.

no, because ultimately an individual does not hold the power of their entire demographic. that's not even mentioning woman on woman or man on man sexism or black on mexican racism or the like.

as soon as you tell someone "you can never be [negative quality] because you're [unchangeable quality]" that's when they will become that thing with incredible virulence.

It's kinda paradoxical that the book makes a point about inequality by stating that women do not hold power positions, effectively discrediting every woman who has managed to gain a position of power.

Yes there is no such thing as Reverse racism or reverse sexism, if you belittle someone due to their race or gender then you are just a Racist or Sexist either parties gender holds no other basis in the arguement.

this person confused institutional racism and sexism with general racism and sexism. That's embarrassing.

OP here. I'm asking because I was never taught that only the most powerful sex/race could be racist or sexist. Now people are saying power comes into play. Was this always the way it's defined, or has the goalpost been moved?

>I hate all women
Sexist
>I hate all men
Sexist

>I hate *insert non-white race*
Racist
>I hate whites
Racist

Reverse Sexism and Reverse Racism are terms used by idiots and the mentally ill.

>this person confused institutional racism and sexism with general racism and sexism. That's embarrassing.
>institutional racism
If there is institutional racism then why are there any non-white males in any seats of power anywhere in the world?

The act of declaring these things and getting it legitimized and put into a textbook seems like an act of political and institutional power.

Good point

The Oxford online dictionary says:

>Sexism: Prejudice, stereotyping, or
discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

>Racism: Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
Or:
>The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Not sure where they get the power+prejudice definition from

It's true, there is no such thing as reverse racism

There is only racism

Its bullshit. There is *currently* lot of racism *towards* whites, in America.

If you use a persons race as a reason not to like someone, you are racist, period

basically this:

By this logic, illegals can say “I hate niggers” and it won’t be racist because they are more systematically oppressed.

This is the type of thing that got Trump elected. They're digging their own grave and the higher ups in the Democratic Party even realized it and have said to lay off the cancerous socjus. Common sense may yet return, but only if we keep fighting the sjw, causing them to go further and lose support of the normies

How? That would mean that blacks are racist. How could blacks be racist?

Well said, especially second part

Ofc not
You'd have to be a retard to believe that

>Not sure where they get the power+prejudice definition from
It comes primarily from Critical Theory, a neo-Marxist ideology where traditional logic and reasoning are considered part of the old classicist power structure and are overruled.

Literally everyone is racist to a certain degree, its human nature.

Even if in the future race is eliminated somehow, people will still find differences between themselves and focus on those instead.

Outtie belly button scum, innies are the true master race. What your earlobe doesnt connect to the rest of your head?? Fucking disgusting hanger.

There will always be something

But what about those without power?

You don’t need power to be racist. Everyone can be racist. Anyone can be racist.

It doesn't matter if it's true or not. It's just arguing definitions. Women aren't "Sexist" they're just "prejudiced". It's the same fucking thing.

We call them "Niggers."

>How could blacks be racist?
more blacks are racist than whites per capita

you can have reverse racism or reverse sexism, just not on the scale of normal racism or sexism, since reverse racism relies on those who are normally oppressed oppressing those who are normally the oppressor

things like this can't happen on such a widespread scale as normal racism or sexism, for the same reasons the book says

I feel empowered, guess I'll go ahead and call you a nigger.

The bigger your dick, the more power

shiiiet, tell that to donald trump

his dick is microscopic

?

>It comes primarily from Critical Theory, a neo-Marxist ideology where traditional logic and reasoning are considered part of the old classicist power structure and are overruled.

Please tell me you're excaterating

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_theory

That's not what wikipedia says

Proof?

Source?

No, you can be as sexist as man.

What is reversed?

What are you going to do about it? What are you going to do if I call you racist and you call me racist and I tell you that only whites can be racist? What could you possibly do about it?

Uh.. disagree?

It's sexist to say that women cannot hold power.

he's right you know. the nazis were very fond of romanticism too. the principle that there can be no factual truth since humans are emotional beings. justification for all the atricities you'd like to commit.

We have a winner

Then what? If you disagree then anyone can do anything they want to you. Then what will you do?

There is no such thing as reverse racism because there's just racism.

Racism is believing that a race is beneath other races simply because of the race itself. You can be racist to white people. It isn't "reverse racism", it's literally just racism.

>if you disagree then anyone can do whatever they want to you

Not sure I'm following you, champ

so would you say with your view, that "reverse" racism (wich is just fucking racism) is somehow justified?

Anything you do in defiance (such as disagreeing with the concept of reverse racism existing) is racist, so the person would just be defending their self.

No, according to the Oxford DICKtionary, racism is nowhere related to political/econimical/instituonal power

This is an example of institutional racism. Who do you think decided on these definitions?

Giant Spiders that live in Tibet

All whites possess the quality of "racism".

everyone posseses the quality of racism
is what keeps us alive. it is what kept us alive as a species so long

you're trolling, right?

Then why do whites complain about racism?

like i said everyone can be racist, if people are being racist against whities they have the right to cunts and bitch about it too

This is how liberals justify their assholery.

first half is questionable the rest is bullshit

Then why do whites complain about blacks complaining about white racism?

So if you are a victim or perceive yourself as a victim of sexism or racism you are justified in your bigotry.

Hmpf.

So literally if a nigger robbed me I can't be racist for hating niggers, huh?

NEVER can be racist. haha Works both ways huh

because its been 100 years already and they act like they still have to pick cotton to survive

because it works both ways? back and forth my dude. people can discuss and debate, shout at each other all they want. the world doesn't work like a philosophical model.

I think all of you know it's true but are trying to come up with bullshit to justify why you're a fucking dingleling

So it's been 100 years since a white person was racist to a black person? Why do I see white racism every day?

dude... this is coming up with bullshit against all common sense. do you know what racism is? do you know what we regard as a race? if you know those things the logical conclusion is that anyone can be racist.

Then why do whites act llike they're not racist and blacks are?

I got a ticket from a lady cop before. To emphatically claim females have less power for any reason other than their personal choices is in and of itself sexist.

actually fuckin spat out the water i was drinking
>tfw i realize im a normie here
>fuck

you are still arguing from a philosophical standpoint and are generalizing everyone. it's worthless like this.

While it's arguably true that women don't hold political, economic, or institutional power (in America, they very much do), it is another argument entirely to say that this means they can't be sexist. And at that point, you also need to have the argument about whether to still give a shit about this new definition of sexism.

When "prejudice against someone based on their gender is inherently wrong" gets switched out with "we don't care that gender discrimination exists, we're just mad we're losing," you lose a lot of support. It's hard to feel bad about doing something to someone else if they'd do it to you if they had the chance.

Describe your relationship with your mother?

fuck niggers gas them all or the send the back to hell with nuclear fire

spastic dickhead

No.
Women do hold power.
Some nations have FEMALE PRIME MINISTERS.
Are you a prime minister of a country?

Ah, I see. That explains a lot.

The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye. The more light you shine on it, the smaller it gets.

i am not the guy you asked but i'm the one that called you the spastic dickhead you are.
your question is unacceptable on so many levels. first of all you are invading the person's privacy, secondly you are implying there must be something wrong with him for holding his position and thirdly you seem to assume the person is too dim to see all of that.
i know in your mind you are the perfect human being and the wisdom in person. it shows my dude.

hallucinations are quite the bad thing user you should go to a doctor and get help fast

What a dumbass. That doesn't invade privacy and no one would agree with you if you said that in real life.
You're saying there is something wrong him and he knows it? Then tell him that and get him into a mental hospital.
He is the one claiming he is perfect, claiming he is not racist. And if your little speech is activated in response to what I said, then you deserve the same speech.

i know in your mind you are the perfect human being and the wisdom in person. it shows my dude

this is true for only the most gullible idiots. BLM for instance, societies easiest controlled population. Face it stupid people are easy to trick I learned this manipulating retards in elementary school.

Something does not exost because there is Variance? I don't think so.

And this is the inevitable result. Don't ever marry a college "educated" woman. youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo

No. They say minorities can't be racist because if a black nigga doesn't like a white nigga because his skin. Black nigga can't don't mean shit, well back then at least. Things have changed now but yeah man racism = prejudice + power

what?

i don't hold political, economic, or institutional power either. i'm an unemployed student. i'm as powerless as you can get. does that mean i can't be racist? awesome! you fucking niggers!

wtf am i watching?

Top quality bait, son. You know damn well that black people can also discriminate or have a prejudice towards another race.

Is a black hating asians reverse racism? No. Is a black hating mexicans reverse racism? No. Obviously it's just racism regardless or what race is being discriminated against or prejudiced against....it's just racism.

The fact that anyone thinks it's any different because it's white people is itself racist.

you see friend, you applied the principle of individualism to a collectivist ideology. we don't want that. the collective is not amused.

>white people is itself racist
You tried at grammar. You were trying to mock black people, as if we all talk that way. You just can't stop being racist.

You're right though. Whites is racist. They be racist.

You're a fucking moron. Lrn2reed

>the fact that anyone thinks it's any different because it's white people, is itself racist.

Better? Faggot.

Name calling. Nice. This is a demonstration of white intelligence

My fucking cousin was in Milwaukee while black people were shooting and beating up white people for being white, but no, that's not racist.

Can society be this fucking dumb?

Just because you "don't hold any power" (Which they actually do) doesn't mean you can't be sexist

Saying that women as a group don't hold power is kinda sexist, wouldn't you say?

I'm not white you fucking moron.
Besides, I fix'd it for you one post down from there.

You know I'm right, too. Or are you demonstrating the black unintelligence that they're known for? Most likely trolling by acting so fucking dumb. You're probably not even black either.

Why would whites allow themselves to be beaten? Doesn't seem like something the superior race would do. Whites are just weak pussies I guess

It is if you buy into that definition of racism or sexism, but I just use the adjective "instutionalized" when I mean it that way.