Medfags pls

Medfags pls,
like 4 days ago I fell on my elbow really really fucking hard. It got inmediatelly swollen, like, very swollen. I put lots of ice the first day. The following days it was not as swollen and as painful as day one, but today all of a sudden its hurting a lot again.

Is that normal? should I put more ice? will i survive'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7UGraFUuQjA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump cause Im in a lot of fuckin pain

It depends... Moat probably i think the ligaments are swollen... Just set your arm in such a way that it prevents any locomotion or least. Don't put any type of thermal stress on it... And if the conditions don't improve then it might be fracture... Consult a doctor, until then try not to move it...

youtube.com/watch?v=7UGraFUuQjA

Try not to move it... Consult a doctor op... Take no chances... Or join replacement surgery will cost you real hard if required...

Ty man,

I can move my shoulder/elbow/hand with no problem.
I know its not broken, maybe a crack near the head of my ulna.
Impact was really hard.

In that case, it will just heal of and solder itself with time, right?

See a doctor OP

If the ligaments are swollen then it might take a week... But since it is 4 days... You might need to consult a doctor...

Because the pain hasn't subsided...

alright ill help you. do you have any loss of range of motion. Swollen joints indicate inflammation and blood rushing to the area due to damage to the surrounding tissues. Elevate above your heart get a sling at cvs so you dont hurt yourself more and get to an urgent care you might have cracked your elbow. Probe your arm carefully and try and locate the pain look at a human skeleton and based off of your fall figure out what bone it might be. I'm no doctor but have plenty of bone injuries and have broken my elbow as well. Take it easy as we get older we cant do the things we used to. medical bills can become more expensive like car repairs. take care of yourself dude worstcase scenario go to urgent care

it subsided the folowing two days,,,, went from 9/10 to around 3/10, now back to like 7.5/10

maybe cause i worked out 2 days after?
I also skated today like an hour.

TY DOC!
see havent lost range of motion...

That send my almonds into hyperspace.
It's like injecting 2 cc's of adrenaline right into your almonds

great then ice it and take it easy for a few days and call me in the morning

lol just read ur no doc, but ty anyway.
Pain is near the head of the ulna.
Ive fallen numerous times on both elbows, always put ice, then its all good/better as days pass.

Elbow bursitis.

You can go and have it drained.

Take 660mg of naproxen (aleve) or 800mg of ibuprofen (motrin). That'll be around 3-4 pills depending on which OTC one you get. Be sure to take them with food because it's hell on your stomach. You can keep using that for a few days, but really you should get it checked out anyway, bud.

You probably bruised the bone. You can go get an x-ray if you really want but it'll probably clear up on its own eventually.

I was biking last summer, fell off, and landed hard on my elbow and it still hurts a little bit 6 months later.

I skate also. Good to hear. But yeah usually if its something as your describing I give it like a week or 2. I know people are like "just go see a doctor" which in most cases thats true because you never know. But me being a skater I know most the time its nothing too serious. Just dont move it alot. At the end of the day you be the judge. Ive skated long enough to know if I need to see a doctor or if its just a nagging Injury that will go away eventually. Try not to skate. Thats the hardest thing to do.

thanks heaps.

can I just give it time to heal by istelf tho??
cant afford all the bill, plus that sounds painful af.

was gonna do a fakie to rock, but was just going too fast. both trucks passed the coping and I landed on it with the elbow.

Also ask, because yeah, im also used to this shit healing by itself.
Just think i had vener experienced stuff hurting again after pain had already subsided.
Its like im on day one again.

Guess ill give it one or two more days, if shit is still the same or get worse ill go to the doc

Sometimes it heals on it's own.

Use the RICE method

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

They can and usually do go away on their own, but if you agitate it, it can make things worse. I suggest picking up a cheap sling or making one yourself to help keep you from re-injuring it while it's healing.

Good luck, user.

Se a doc and get some pictures taken. Can't make any decisions without them. If it's fractured you'll probably just need a splint, but there are rare situations where you might need surgery like if there os a displaced fragment or osteonecrosis. If you DO have something like that going on you don't want to ignore it.

Enjoy your AIDS

ty doc Sup Forumsros

maybe im just being afagoot.
will give it two days, or else ill go to doc

Hey i remember seeing this pretty well done makeup like everywhere

y'all fucking normies

>Compression
fucking ouch, NO

Standard operating procedure.