I have 2 weeks to start a new Pokémon game on my Gameboy Advance and train my Pokémon. The game is Blue...

I have 2 weeks to start a new Pokémon game on my Gameboy Advance and train my Pokémon. The game is Blue, my opponent has Red.

How should I build my team the best way possible?

Catch an abra, level is to kadabra - even without it's final evolution, it will rape literally every opponent in the game.

I beat the game like that, just Kadabra and some HM slaves.

I'm thinking:

1. Blastoise, water
2. Zapdos, thunder
3. Moltres, fire
4. Jolteon, thunder
5. Gyarados, water
6. MewTwo, genetic

But maybe I should pick all of the legendary birds?

Kadabra.. note taken!

all psychic bro
Starmie with
-minimize
-recover
-psychic
-and either thunderbolt or ice beam (thunderbolt is less expected from water pokemon
->minimize 5 times, recover, destroy

slobrow w/
-amnesia
-double team
-rest
psychic
->double team 5 times, rest, amnesia 5 times, rest, one shot literally anything and never get hit

Competitive pokefag, here.

You need to go with Pokemon that have high survivability supporting strong fast hitters.

The best move in the game is thunder wave.

Lowers speed significantly and a decent chance of them not being able to move. ALL support mons need this move.

Chansey is hands down the best support mons. No.matter what you choose. Use it. Make sure it has thunder wave.

Other top tier mons are: Slowbro, alakazam (don't use it's pre evolutions, it's decent, but the goal is to destroy. Not just be decent). Rhydon (also top tier).

I highly recommend checking out smogon (competitive Pokemon website just Google it) tier list.

There is a wealth of info and they straight up tell you the absolute best mons and moves to use.

Good luck.

I'm just worried that I won't win if I don't have any fast and strong Pokémon.
I know for a fact, that my opponent with stay up - night and day - to get all his rare Pokémon in lvl 100

oh yeah another fun one (not psychic) is dragonite w/
-wrap (dont delete it faggot)
-toxic
-watever
-watever
->this one isnt as fool proof as wrap only has an 85% hit chance but toxic them first (dragonite will pretty much always go first), then wrap em and laugh; the toxic with hit them and get worse on every step of the wrap, it is horrible and slow way to destroy

Jolteon
Lapras
Mr.Mime
Ninetails
Venosaur
Polywrath

Competitive fag here again, don't use this dragonite. It uses agility and then needs to wrap.

Which means it needs a free turn. Your opponent will most likely have done his homework. Blizzard is an extremely good move in r/b and half his team will have it. Dragonite will die. Do not use this.

Only Ratatas, and if your opponent is a real man he too will only deal in Rats. Use the power that lies deep within you user, strike forth with you cadre of Rats and assume your destiny as the RAT KING.

Sorry, we already made a rule saying, that you can't have more than one of one type haha

Comp fag here again. If all mons are allowed. You absolutely have to bring mewtwo. If mewtwo is allowed, the whole game changes. Make sure you mewtwo has amnesia. Using amnesia just once ensures that psychic one shot kills 90% of the game.

You must also prepare for his mewtwo. Hypno with thunder wave is your best bet. It resist psychic and can cripple his mewtwo. Ditto is also amazing if mewtwo is allowed. Because after you thunder wave, you can use ditto to transform before his hits you. Thus giving you two healthy mewtwo. You will win for certain if you pull this off.

Remember, thunder wave is the best move in the game.

Always bring chansey

Are you dead serious about chansey?

I nominate slowbro. He's like the best pokemon in the game

I am dead serious about everything I've said. I've played this game competitively for 15 years.

Smogon has all the info you'll ever need and will corroborate what I'm saying.

Trust me. If you follow my advice, you will destroy your enemy.

if you're allowed to trade get an alakazam and achieve a flawless victory

Chansey is impossible to kill it's a tank

We've already established mewtwo > alakazam

How do you guys feel about this, then:

1. Blastoise, water
2. Zapdos, thunder
3. Jolteon, thunder
4. Gyrados, water
5. Mewtwo, genetic
6. Chansey, normal

a good note here is that in gen I crit chance was calculated based on speed, so get your team high on carbos dude

Did you read any of what I said?

Blastoise is god awful. Don't use it. Jolteon is questionable. You will lose if he cripples your mewtwo. Prepare for an enemy mewtwo.

I'm not allowed to trade either, so I cannot get Alakazam. And I really like Jolteon because it's quick.

2. Zapdos, thunder
3. Jolteon, thunder
4. Gyrados, water
5. Mewtwo, genetic
6. Chansey, normal

What should I pick for the last Pokémon?

If you had red version id go for
Charizard
Chansey
Mewtwo
Arcanine/snorlax
Electabuzz/zapdos
Evaporeon

Oh god.

You didn't read.

Chansey
Mewtwo
Slowbro/hypno
Ditto
Rhydon
Snorlax

You don't have to worry about a lot of stuff if trade evos aren't allowed.

Save ditto for last. And put thunder wave on everything that can use it.

Amnesia on mewtwo. Do not forget this.
Blizzard is also amazing.

Competitive pokemon sucks go for style
1. Sandslash
2. Poliwrath
3. Scyther
4. Alakazam
5. Gengar
6. Electabuzz

If you can't trade with anyone and still want specific pokemon just look up the Trainer Fly glitch. You can pull it off to get yourself a Mew before you beat Misty, you can use it to generate Missingno before getting to Cinnabar and duplicate anything you want. If you look up the pokemon hex I.D. for an Alakazam you can use a pokemon with Special stat equalling the hex I.D. of Alakazam. I'm serious, if you have a plan and a crunch for time just make the game give you what you need.

Blastoise
Chancey
Golem
Gengar
Gyarados
Abra/areodyactl

forgot abot snorlax - swicth him in for blastoise