Help me Sup Forums. i need a good replacement for my GTX 780. right now GPU prices are absurdly overpriced...

Help me Sup Forums. i need a good replacement for my GTX 780. right now GPU prices are absurdly overpriced, so i need help finding a good upgrade to my old 780 that died a few weeks ago. im using a GTS 250 atm and it cant even sustain 1080p twitch streams.

GTX 1080 is kind of out of the question atm, way too overpriced because of the bitcoin mining situation. someone told me to get a 1050 or 1050 TI, but those cards are less powerful than the GTX 780 isnt it? i was also looking at the 1060 but that also seems overpriced atm. basically im looking for something under $300 that will just be flat out better than the GTX 780 even if its just slightly better.

so any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-store/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just buy a damn card user its better than your shitty 250

Just finance a 1080 you dirt poor potato farmer.

find a 970 used. if you overclock them you get 1060 performance for $150-$175.

Do you know someone who wants a higher end PC that doesn't need a 1080ti?

here's a crazy option-

PC manufacturers are still getting those cards at manufacturer pricing. Order up a PC with that card and you're only a couple hundred over the price of a 1080ti by itself. Swap in your 780 and sell to your friend for a little less.

You can get a PC like that for about $1400 from HP. Sell it to friend for $1200.

>You just scored a $200 1080ti

>Finances a video card
>Calls someone else "poor"

Whew, brah...

my 780 is broken tho, thats the problem. shat out on me after only 3 years. refuses to go passed even the windows loading screen before either rebooting or just completely freezing.

>asking for help
>not posting rig
user, really?

I think you could get a Gtx 1060 6bg for less than $300 if buying a used one is not a problem.

Get GTX 1060 6GB version if you can afford it. If not get the 3GB version. It's only few % slower and 3GB o vram will be enough if you stay away from MSAA and resolutions above 1080p.

why do you need to know the rig when all that is needed is a GPU? if you must know

CPU is i5-. 4670k
mobo EP45-UD3P
power suppy rosair tx750 watt
8gb ram.

i do have another question tho. is it normal for a GTX 780 to just shit out on you after nearly 4 years? i do leave my PC on 24/7 but i dont think thats an issue.

what kind of 780 is that? MSI, PALIT?

A 1050ti would obliterate a 780 are you fucking retarted

I payed 200$ for a used 6GB 1060. Price to performance threw the fucking roof

If it's EVGA, call them. They're known for having amazing customer service

it was evga.

Call them right now. Make sure you have all the warranty stickers too.

This

No it wouldn't. A 1050Ti is equal to 960 which is slightly above GTX 670

i did call a few weeks ago right after it shat out on me. they said that since i was xxx days over my 3 year warranty i was fucked and had to buy a new one.

unless they have some other warranty i dont know about and they were bullshitting me.

Just go on ebay and start bidding and makeing offers

are you in europe or the US? If in europe I could sell you my 980 for cheap

Sell it on eBay for ~70$. You won't be making much back but it's a broken card, the fuck are you gonna do with it

The best card to try to get is a 980/390X or 970/780.

I payed mine cash nigger. Some people (poor) cannot. You missed the point kid.

Fucking bonkers that the 1000 series came out 1.5 years ago and they’re still 1) the best that can be had and 2) this pricy still. Practically the same situation with CPUs bit even worse. IC design jas just stagnated.

Thank AMD not being able to compete for Pascal being expensive.

gigabyte seems to have a seller on amazon thats selling a 1050TI for 289. should i run with that?

does it even matter if its MSI, asus, gigabyte, or evga? sorry guys, im only a casual PC builder.

I mean, a x50 line for 300 dollars. That like the just-barely-acceptable market line. NV hasn’t made an x40 model since I can’t even remember and ever midrange prebuilts can be had with an x60 installed. At this rate my OG Titan is going to run everything for 10 years before I replace it.

You're going to have to wait at least until October/November for GPU prices to drop, same with ram.

best i can find is 229 from a site/seller i know nothing about.

i mean at this point if this mining bullshit continue it might be cheaper to buy prebuilt PCs since they still sell GPUs at normal prices... i was also looking at my current CPU and even that has skyrocketed since 2014 compared to when i bought it... its insane.

its pretty funny at the same time because these idiots are the reason bitcoin is so unstable right now.

If you buy a prebuilt make sure you buy a PSU and replace whatever they put in it. The PSUs in prebuilts are typically garbage and will completely fuck your system when they blow.

Nvidia is selling cards at reasonable prices on their website. Stock coolers but better than paying 500 for a 1070 rather than. 399

Nevermind
Up until yesterday they had some... They all been bought by fucking miners.

ya i noticed that.

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-store/

1060 6gb is 299. i might roll with that.

sigh ur right.