Now, I don't know a lot about boxing...

Now, I don't know a lot about boxing, but how does a boxer fight in as many matches as someone like Floyd Mayweather without ever being hit by a single lucky punch and getting KO'd?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2fswFNvqgyk
youtube.com/watch?v=Q191D_1RENQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hard work, dedication, discipline and gods blessing

Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge

he has a good chin on top of his GOAT defensive abilities

Imagine i can knock-out everything within a 50cm radius he would stay at 70cm away from me he could still walk into a lucky punch but it lowers the chances of a knock-out.

More like duck,duck,duck,duck,duck and duck

He's test positive for PEDs many times, he paid over 7 million dollars to Manny Pacquiao to shut up about it.

He's a potential complete collapse of boxing and perhaps sports fighting in general. He is perhaps, the worst thing that ever happened to Boxing. Literally the muh affirmative action too big to fail version of a Boxer.

he's taken plenty of great shots.

main thing is how he fights. sideways on leaving a very small target.

Head Movement
Head Movement
Head Movement
Jab, Jab
Clinch
Clinch
Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinch

is how you do it

He took advantage of existing rules to be a boring defensive boxer who got wins. Boxing should change the rules or go away all together because as it stands it's pretty much a dead sport.

How so?

I don't know really anything about the boxing scene

there are no lucky punches in pro boxing.

The closest to a lucky punch is a counter punch.

He's a defensive counter puncher. He covers himself well and looks to rack up more points than the opponent. Very robotic and methodical. Not flashy at all which is why his fights are usually boring. He's doing nothing wrong though. That's just what boxing is and he stuck to the script arguably better than anyone.

That's really all I got. I'm no expert.

he's intelligent, he will do anything to win

luck, skill, dexterity and stupid opponents who can't outhink him

Literally making the most of boxing's rules while all the retards try to get muh knockout victories.

So why can't anyone break through his defense?

Robotic is not the word you would use for Mayweather, he's slick as fuck. Doing what he does as well as he does is next to impossible. The thing to bear in mind is that he was smaller than a lot of guys he fought too, genuinely incredible/

>That's just what boxing is

Wrong. The next megafight will be Canelo vs GGG in September and i absolutely guarantee it'll be nothing like that was. Not to mention the other huge fight that was on this month Between Joshua and Klitschko was a barnburner with momentum swings and knockdowns for both guys.

> He literally ran away from Pacquiao for 10 rounds
> slick

He had the honor of humiliating Boxing on its biggest showcase night. Amazing the selective memories of some people.

He didn't run away, he stayed out of range and counter punched pacquiao's wild misses to perfection. If he gets into range, gets off a shot, and then gets out of range again without even looking like he'll get caught with something big that's the definition of slick to me. Very hard to do.

You forgot hug and run

C'mon you fucking retard, the whole world laughed at that fight, it spawned a million memes of Mayweather running around like a coward.

Only braindead fanboys dare to defend that fight.

Mayweather is a fucking cheat too, but he still cannot make a great fight. Truly a meme fighter.

because his footwork is GOAT. and hands so quick that you can't risk getting up close.

he is genuinely one of the best boxers of all time. go watch UFC if you have trouble appreciating the art.

Stop moving the goalposts. It was terrible to watch but very impressive and slick by any definition of the word. Nobody else has come close to schooling Pacquiao in that way.

Today I've already learned that Mayweather and Lebron actually aren't that good. It's been a good day.

Never been a boxing fan. What are the main areas that should be addressed if any?
The few times I have watched it seems obvious to me the clinching disrupts the flow of a fight - with the ref stepping in to separate the boxers. Is this an area the rules or whims of the ref have had an impact? I've seen prolonged inside fighting and also the opposite where the ref almost immediately jumps in.

This lad is objectively right. It was a literal boxing lesson.

He hand picks his fights to minimize the odds of him getting knocked out.

He also had the regional boxing commission on his side to cover his ass.

He actually went down against Zab Judah but the ref missed it.

Also he's been really hurt plenty of times but this motherfucker has a top level chin. It's really unfair when you think about it, you finally get passed his super defense only to land a punch on a concrete chin.

Anyway he got hurt really badly against Mosley and I remember in an interview Floyd said he probably would have went down if Mosley hadn't lunged into him after the punch, that allowed Floyd to grab onto him. He also got his face busted up by Cotto, Corley had him on queen street, and both Pac and Maidana hurt him. Floyd has great composure so when he gets hurt he hardly shows it unlike other fighters that panic and then get BTFO.

Mate he had 2-3 title fights every year for 17 years. It's one of the most impressive runs in boxing history and that's even before you take into account that HE RETIRED UNDEFEATED

He's one of the greatest boxers to ever step into a ring, full stop

>beat everybody
>handpicked

wew lad

He got kd against some mexican boxer early in his career

If I remember correctly Floyd took a knee because he broke his hand.

youtube.com/watch?v=2fswFNvqgyk

>ignoring the fact he avoided Paquiao until he stopped being good

:^)

Wasn't he only knocked down once?

>tfw too intelligent to ever get ktfo

You fight mayweather, hit him all over the shop with 40% more clean strikes
>mayweather beats you on points by punching gloves and arms
Boxing is closer to WWE than UFC at this point, Joshua is a fucking disgrace too

Mayweather lost two to a tiny Hispanic Manlet, the (((decision))) gave it to him though
Mayweather wouldn't be able to knock half his opponents out if he was given all night while they slept

He's a defensive master i.e. he's afraid to get hit so he does everything he can to avoid damage to his face, which he thinks is extraordinarily handsome.

This is also why his fights are boring.

You're right, but don't trash MMA, it's a legit fight sport with some very skilled and technical fighters. Don't be ignorant

no one makes floyd bleed his own blood

Also because he demands really puffy gloves for all his fights.

Yah that's when he broke his hand.

he was the best defensive fighter of the most recent generation. he also had a very good chin which people sometimes forget. against demarcus corley he survived a huge shot that would have knocked out other fighters. it was back when he was willing to brawl with people before he started having a problem with hand injuries

happens at 9m 30s:
youtube.com/watch?v=Q191D_1RENQ

THIS
Floyd has an excellent chin as well as sound defensive skills. Pac, Berto, Judah, and Khan are all faster than Floyd yet they've suffered KO/TKO losses.

>dude they made MEMES about him how can it be wrong ???

Honestly kill yourself low IQ latino trash. Since when are the opinions of patriotic casuals with 0 boxing knowledge accurate about a defensive type boxer ? It never was braindead sheep.

I guess the most popular films and songs are the most refined since the masses liked them.

Boxing needs to change their glove sizes to at least a couple ounces lower. Agreed?

Didn't he do the same thing against DeLa Hoya too? I was young for that fight but I remember disappointment

>main thing is how he fights. sideways on leaving a very small target.
>a very small target
>very small target
>very small

You mean glove weight then?

that is actually a moronic picture

just shows how clueless normalfags are about boxing

to be fair it's a pretty accurate depiction of Ward v Kovalev

which god?

What? Ortiz wasnt looking and he got KO'd in 2 punches. He can punch hard.

When you do get knocked flat have the ref fuck around with the other boxer so you get much more time then get up and make the bell.

Also have long as fuck arms and fantastic reflexes. Don't get caught up in actually trying to knock people out or fight, instead bore the fuck out of everyone by methodically out pointing people and run to the bank when you duped the casuals with your manufactured trash talk.

why walk around with 4 bodyguards? is he a pussy or what?

Yes, you know what I meant

>ducked De La Hoya and Patton until they got exposed by Pacquiao
>ducked Pacquiao until he got exposed by Marquez
>ducked Rousey until she got exposed
>now ducking GGG and McGregor

>Doing what he does as well as he does is next to impossible.
I feel like this needs to be repeated again for emphasis. Floyd's strategy only works if you have incredible skill, perfect discipline, a high boxing IQ, inhuman reflexes and lightning-fast speed. If you want to see a demonstration of what Floyd's career would look like if he were just a really fucking good boxer as opposed to a legendary boxer, watch Broner vs Maidana.

He's got a lot to lose. Even if I was the best fighter on the planet and twice his size I'd do the same. Street fights with knives and guns is very different.

Nigga gets millions every time he throws his hands, why bother doing it for free?

Judah knocked Floyd down, but the ref didn't see him use his hand to keep him from falling, so it wasn't called.

He also got plastered by Hatton and flew back into the ropes.

I think his chin is pretty average, it's just that you can't land flush on him enough because he's so slippery.

Maybe they're his friends

he's an incredibly rich tool, someone will have wanted to fight him in the street at some point in his life and his hired goons would stop it happening

I'm Filipino but bet on mayweather. You can hate on him he's a goat.

Kek

>revived with defib

actually did this to someone last night lel

Amazing how a filthy, filthy casual you are. Tell me where did he run? Did he hop over the top rope and legged it to the nearest KFC for a fucking wicked wing?
Remember, casual, this a closed off area where if your opponent is using his footwork to "run away" then you as a fighter have to deploy a different tactic to land some punches. For example, cutting off the ring.
He simply was a better fighter than Manny. Better boxing IQ, to be accurate.

I thought he was just a meme. Is he really as good as you people ITT would have him to be?

>there's people ITT who paid money for a Mayweather fight at least once

He has an undeniably ATG skillset and that's the best thing about him. Don't take him seriously when he is talking about the records he broke because most of them are bullshit and sound a lot more impressive than they actually are. He also has a very impressive resume but it will unfortunately be stamped with question marks forever because while it has a lot of excellent names on it, he never fought an A level fighter in their prime at their best weight (and whether or not that's his fault, doesn't matter). Also fights could have been made at points in his career that could have catapulted him even higher but for one reason or another these fights never happened. Anyway, yeah he was excellent.