Is Star Trek dead again?

>Beyond failed at the box office
>Discovery already shaping up to be a disaster (Fuller out, delayed, no cast, CBS's awful streaming service)

Feels like the early 2000s all over again.

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2016/10/new-star-trek-series-is-delayed-going-through-changes-showrunner-included/
youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA
youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE
youtube.com/watch?v=o7SXraLd1xA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Im pretty sure it made money. Way less of an impact than the previous two, but it was far from a flop. Meh.

I hope not, Beyond is the first decent Star Trek movie in decades.

It needed ~350 million to break even, it made 340.

>Is Star Trek dead again?
Can't say about Star Trek, but about that Yelchin fellow. . .

>but it was far from a flop.

At best, its box office run might be described as "modest". It's a good movie, but it didn't make anywhere near the sort of money it needed to.

Discovery just seems to be a clusterfuck of a production, though. I can't imagine Les Moonves would be giving it the sort of leeway he has if he didn't desperately want a Trek show for his streaming service, but for a show that *should* be filming by now, they have fuck-all to show for nearly a year's worth of pre-production.

am i a bad person if this always makes me giggle?

Well I can't imagine they'll make anymore now that he's gone, you don't just "replace" Chekov in a star trek movie.

Unless they pull some F&F CGI Paul Walker type shit.

>most Trek yet
>fails

People just don't want it anymore. Sci fi is a middling genre, only successful when they're action films in disguise.

>Star Trek Discovery delayed

SSSSSSSAAAAAUCE

are you kidding, it was so generic and boring.

Bryan Fuller was the only hope they had at it even being a decent television show in general. I would be surprised if this thing even manages to make it off the ground. They don't even have a fucking cast yet for fuck's sake. It's done.

Star Trek will live on through the movies, but that's it.

kys, Star Wars babby

Thank god, most boring piece of Poz I've seen all year

arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2016/10/new-star-trek-series-is-delayed-going-through-changes-showrunner-included/

Someone started memeing that Star Trek Beyond is an amazing Star Trek movie which was overlooked because poor advertising. It caught on. The film is really fucking mediocre. It's literally a TNG episode with action sequences.

>a TNG episode with action sequences.

that is a pretty big compliment, TNG has some of the best trek along with DS9

voyager fags, please go elsewhere

>gay Zulu
>muh boring villain who just wants to destroy stuff
>boring female lead
>over reliance on humor and jokes especially muh doctah
>boring as fuck setting
>and worst of all playing Public Enemy's Fight the Power while making the most politically correct mundane piece of shit

>Don't like braindead ction garbage with another retarded plot and terrible villain? Must love Star Wars!
???

Even if it is dead im glad they got to finish their trilogy. Id be sad if we didnt get another movie with Pine and Quinto tho.

star trek has been badly ran for decades now

they had no idea what to do with beyond and while its a great movie it had next to no marketing or mass appeal

they had a good thing with jj who wanted to launch shit like a cartoon and new series to go alongside his movies and he got completely cock blocked. star trek's problem is the rights are everywhere and no one works together.

TNG is garbage. Fight me.

>>gay Zulu
Boo hoo hoo,

Beyond was a shit movie, but it had nothing to do with that, you petty nitpicker.

if ur first problem with the movie is sulu being gay then ur a fucking retarded alt right cunt who got triggered

>finish their trilogy.
In no way do the 3 movies act as a trilogy. In fact I don't think Beyond acknowledges the existence of Into Darkness in anyway. It plays right like a straight sequel to 09.

Quinto is a faggot

Shit movie, shit idea by JJ, he's got the mass appeal of Bay without any of the nerve to do something interesting

>Muh alt right boogie
I'm sick of Jews retconning my shit, even the real Fggot Zulu said it was a bad idea

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA

I mean none of Nu trek is worse than the TNG movies besides first contact, so there's that.
the 3rd was the worst so far and the first failing grade for me.

They could. Although since the next movie would probably have a reduced budget since Beyond didn't make that much, it'd be interesting to see what he looks like

o i am laffin, you're talking to someone who's seen every episode of every show at least twice, some shows multiple times, and each movie several times.

Star Trek Beyond is like a mediocre two-parter of any of the shows with flashy effects and better directing/acting. There is nothing special about it whatsoever.

it was literally a 2 second scene of no relevance you fucking suburban snowflake

>retconning my shit
>my
Boo hoo hoo, Star Trek isn't _your_ shit.

In fact, I doubt you're even a real fan since you can't get his name right.

>Fuller out

Well it may not get cancelled, but it won't be as good.

If its literally just a 2 second propaganda scene why include it, his only defining character trait now, is that he uses his anus as a cock receptacle.

>cant get his name right

They fucking retconned taht too?

His name was never "Zulu", you dumb fake fan.

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

>propaganda

how the fuck is it propaganda

sulu is gay

there is nothing said about it

its a 2 second scene

people irl are gay

leave the computer and Sup Forums and go to school or university or join a club or something

just go outside and meet real people

I've been found out; I don't watch Poz Warz

faggot

Yeah, people are just gay, its totally normal to use another mans anus to masturbate while committing sexual apoptosis. Got nothing to do with our self destructive culture of hedonism, its not an abnormal sexual condition, and not only should we tolerate it, but we should celebrate it in the streets.

totes broskie I agree tolarance is our bestest virtue

waw GLAD to be tolerant ITT

>they pull some F&F CGI Paul Walker type shit.
Walker died late enough in Post where the only thing they needed to add after the accident was the ending. All the main scenes were shot.
You couldn't do that with 0 footage.

Nice took this pic at my last parade, it was on sunday, we went in front of the church to SHOW THOSE BIGOTS

how did you even find this place norp?

Who cares, let the freaks be freaks. This is what the first amendment protects. Free speech. You can't control people, no matter how hard you want to.

>Boo hoo hoo
Just wanted to say that you're a disgusting creature.

Nice try. Sulu was attracted to Mira Romaine in TOS: "The Lights of Zetar." I guess the Romulan ship coming from the future somehow changed his sexuality. Or he was bi. Or he changed sexualities.

Yeah, I agree man, don't you my posts are completely supportive of this behavior, gays adopting children and getting married IS PROTECTED BY THE FIRST AMENDMENT!

Y'all complaining about gays in Star Trek like DS9 ain't the gayest show on earth.

There is absolutely nothing gay about DS9
youtube.com/watch?v=o7SXraLd1xA

Not on my watch, you filthy degenerates!

Beyond was the best film of the three.
The first one was just an action film with Star Trek references. To be clear, I'm not saying this was a great movie, just better than the last two.

If they make another one and its not just an action flick about a dude with a doomsday device who want's revenge, I'll watch it. But if they decide to pull the plug, I won't really care.

Looks like that meme
>when your parent's ask about x
or whatever.

It's already been confirmed they are making a 4th movie and Chekov will be "reassigned"

>It's a good movie, but it didn't make anywhere near the sort of money it needed to.
As a die hard trek fan whos seen every movie since V in the theater, i gave up on the franchise after into darkness, which is a real shame because i wound up genuinely enjoying beyond.

They also had Walker's two brothers to stand in shots and do dialogue.

Now THAT'S a fancy dan.

What we know so far:

>series takes place 10 years before TOS
>the main character is the first officer, an African-American woman who will only be identified as "number one" until the season finale when her real name is revealed
>the captain is an older African-American woman
>no cast members have been revealed yet, although the now-fired showrunner said he wanted Rosario Dawson as Number One and Angela Bassett as the Captain
>astronaut Mae Carol Jemison, the first black woman in space, is consulting with the writers about these two characters
>at least one crew member is openly gay to reflect the more progressive future
>at least one crew member is Muslim in an updated version of the Soviet-American tensions represented by Chekov in the 1960s
>only the first episode will air on CBS, the remainder of the series will be exclusive to the online platform CBS All Access, a Netflix-style service that costs $5.99 a month
>the fact that it's not on network television means there will be more explicit language, sex and violence than previous Trek series
>the premiere was originally scheduled for January 2017 but has been delayed to May of 2017

How do I know that nobody here is an actual Star Trek fan?

Because nobody has corrected this fucking nigger that it's Sulu, not Zulu.

>>at least one crew member is Muslim in an updated version of the Soviet-American tensions represented by Chekov in the 1960s
But a progressive future wouldn't have backwards religions.

They did get rid of the backwards religions, that's why only the Religion of Peace remains

>Beyond failed at the box office

Budget $185 million
Box office $340.6 million

Touche

Just because we're fans doesn't mean we're autistic, user

we need based meyer to save trek again

Not to start a whole spiral of bullshit, but box office can't be taken as a pure number.

Budget doesn't include how much they spent to advertise it, and only a percentage of box office actually returns to the makers.

Beyond may not have lost money, but it didn't make any either. Breaking is just a non-damaging failure, not a success.

>Sources tell THR that the rest of the cast also will feature an openly gay actor as one of the male leads (which Fuller confirmed), a female admiral, a male Klingon captain, a male admiral, a male adviser and a British male doctor.

Thoughts?

If you wanna be a retard, at least make a coherent sentence

>Beyond
>beastie boys: the music video

>Only watches trailer
>thinks it the whole movie.

Call the mods, they can't un-Takei you

The trailer was better than the movie.

Actually wrong. Did you actually watch it?

???

ITS BEEN A LONG ROAD

Yes. It was a mistake.

How so? I mean if you're gonna bitch be specific

Wow this isn't a Cardassian fucking a dude like I wanted or expected. If you're going to post lewd shit can you at least post alien dicks?

>Star Trek Beyond will have an openly gay crew member serving alongside a Muslim crew member
Is there even religion on Earth in Star Trek? Also pretty sure the Muslim would kill the gay first chance they got.

I hope not, but who knows. It's a shame the universe was revisited during the age of Marvel and DC. Granted, it probably wouldn't have been given a look if those two properties weren't raking in cash, but its a shame that so much that was "core trek" was abandoned in the hopes that it could replicate their successes.

No, but given today's climate, I wouldn't put it past them.

these latest star trek movies are the only good thing to come out of this boring self important franchise

>the main character is the first officer, an African-American woman who will only be identified as "number one" until the season finale when her real name is revealed
How the fuck could they pull that off? NO ONE on the ship calls the character by name for an entire fucking season?

He's a fucking idiot but in all fairness Sulu probably just autocorrected to Zulu.

>Do you remember what I taught you, Number One?

How is it in any way a good idea? And for what, some shitty reveal where GASP her name is what? Sisko? LaForge? Obama?

>And for what, some shitty reveal where GASP her name is what?

I hope it's as amazing as the Khan name reveal in Into Darkness

>the remainder of the series will be exclusive to the online platform CBS All Access, a Netflix-style service that costs $5.99 a month

Hah, fuck - this series is completely dead.

How can CBS be this fucking stupid?

The fact that the third film did worse than the first two shows that audiences don't care about Star Trek or Star Trek films.

The first half of the third movie is real Trek. The second half is shit. But still the third movie is the best out of the three and it resembles a star trek film the most.

Star Trek Discovery will be adjusted accordingly. It won't be Star Trek, it will be another action series to appeal to as many people as possible. Remember, it's all about money today.

On the brightside Netflix has the international rights so it has a chance to pick up a global audience that can justify its existence when CBS All Access views fall short.

exactly. what's the fucking point of this scene? I'm sick of this diversity shit just for the sake of it. It's actually worse than not showing gays/asians/latinos/whatever.
It's literally "see? I care about this shit, now let's move on".
Doesn't add anything to the movie.

Star Wars > Star Trek, btw
Just accept it and move on.

New Star Trek movies were just a substitute to fill the void of Star Wars.
Now that we have Star Wars we no longer have the need for Star Trek.

Listen here you little shit

>Discovery already shaping up to be a disaster (Fuller out, delayed, no cast, CBS's awful streaming service)
Oh god damn it.

This is the very definition of getting triggered. You're embarrassing yourself.

>Chekov
is he a member i should remember???
not a big ST fan, but i watched and liked several TOS episodes, and there was only Kirk, the doc and Spock the power trio, and in 2nd line Scotty, Zulu and Uhura. can't remember this guy...
wasn't he introduced just in the remakes??

>people irl are gay
in america, maybe, since they grow up with this agenda, watching in the tv the new standards: 'its totally normal to be a faggot, do it kids!'

Beyond was trash. Dis people unironically enjoy that predictable cheesy trash?

Am I the only one that think this songs like complete dick?