If Queen is Reddit's band, then who's Sup Forums's band?

If Queen is Reddit's band, then who's Sup Forums's band?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D5eFk5x0o44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anal Cunt

If theirs is Queen ours is Radiohead (Sup Forums, not /mu), but actually it's neither

Alice in Chains

neutral milk hotel or swans

NON, recently. Boyd Rice is the father of the alt-right.

The Four Tops

actually liking queen is Sup Forums, only loving the mainstream hits and claiming they're the best is the reddit thing to do

The Velvet Underground

Jeff "Milk" Mangum and the Neutral Hotels

in 2010 it would have undoubtedly be nmh but no one gives a shit about them anymore. therse really no consensually liked band. the more talked an liked it is the more hate it receives.

GG Allin

this, most liked bands I see on Sup Forums hit the sweet spot of being talked about enough to see fans but not enough for people to start hating them.

definitely. desu id argue it's somewhat of a feature of Sup Forums despite how horrible the toxicity can be. The hivemind is so aggressively pretentious that it actively prevents a true canon from forming, and the drive to be contrarian is so powerful that people are constantly digging shit up just to shit on other people's "pleb" opinions.

unironically has led me to listen to more good music over the last few years than i would have otherwise

I don't get it, how does somebody not like Freddy M? unironicly believe he has one of the best voices in all of rock.

who said anything about disliking freddy mercury?

Americans were triggered by I Want To Break Free because they didn't understand the video was a reference to Coronation Street.

Taste is subjective but as if A Night At The Opera isn't one of the greatest albums ever released. Its just being silly really, its not even contrarian at this point.

Tommy Yorke and the Radioheads

Butthole Surfers

The Birthday Party of course.

This

I wish, Sup Forums hates GG

Obviously The Beatles.

1st reply got it.

Truly captures the spirit of this godforsaken site.

see

The beach boys

some shit that's even more pretentious than reddit, obviously

Queen is a monumental, incredible band. Fuck off.

Animal Collective

Swans

His voice is amazing, but Queen is tremendously overrated

Sex Pistols
>Think they're edgy, badass and original
>Really just boring and pathetic
>Think they're better than their "corporate" counterparts (Reddit, Queen)
>Just as mainstream
>Shock for the sake of shock

I... I used to use reddit
this man is correct

I have often said that Anal Cunt really was what Sup Forums would be like if musically personified. The lyrics were really funny but offensive for its own sake. The band intentionally sounded terrible, and gave themselves a name that ensured lack of mainstream appeal. Each of their songs were essentially a shitpost.

youtube.com/watch?v=D5eFk5x0o44

Well this website is filled with edgy losers that think they are way cooler and moe important than they actually are, so there's only one choice for /ourguys/

The Smiths

>pretty much everyone here likes them, or at least don't outright hate them
>band full of mopey beta sadbois
>questionable sexuality
>morrissey is a confrontational, opinionated autist
>simultaneously possesses a superiority complex yet extremely self-loathing
>it bears repeating that morrissey is a MASSIVE reeeing autist

Death Grips

but title meat is murder doesnt really fit for Sup Forums
solid pick though

>pretentious
>think they're edgy
>not actually that bad

i hate the smiths

True, but you can kind of make the argument that it fits in spirit at least, in the wannabe controversial/contrary type-way.

>pretty much everyone

David Bowie

go be a faggot elsewhere please.

This. It's really a good pick for contrasting Reddit and Sup Forums if Queen really is the band of Reddit.

In terms of rock music? The Beach Boys probably or Velvet Underground.

nah thats death grips

The Beatles

Reddit's band is Gorillaz.

I love Sonic Youth though

retard alert

this

Talking Heads of course. Everyone here either has Remain in Light or Speaking in Tongues in their top favorites.

how do those descriptors not describe death grips

Queen is a greatest hits band. None of their albums are really anything beyond simply good. They just have a collection of good songs.

NMH for sure

Queen is only considered a reddit ban because they actually warrent their popularity and Sup Forumstants can't like anything popular without looking like enlightened countrarians

If we go by this analogy it would have to be Neutral Milk Hotel. Although Reddit's band is actually Radiohead, and really there is no one that Sup Forums likes which doesn't also have a following on reddit.

go back
our motherfucking guys

Huey Lewis and the news

Who's very similar, better and worse at the same time, and feels superior to others.

this except not dead

how you gonna compare NMH, with their maybe one good album, to Queen? Sup Forums is radiohead

Old Sup Forums: NMH or Animal Collective
Neo/mu/: Death Grips

Queen (1973-1979)

Death Grips

>Think they're edgy, badass and original
how are they not?
>Really just boring and pathetic
subjective
>Think they're better than their "corporate" counterparts (Reddit, Queen)
How is a band that isn't signed corporate? When has Death Grips ever gone around talking shit about everybody else?
>Just as mainstream
has less than Shock for the sake of shock
What have they even done recently that's considered shock? And how is this a valid criticism? Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson just did stuff for shock, and they made a fortune off of it.

who's comparing them to queen? they're just the artist that is undoubtedly the most popular in Sup Forums's history to the point of being a meme.
also saying nmh has maybe one good album and then
>radiohead
ooh hot take

That's Tumblr's 60s band of choice

not The Doors?

give me a reason why it's not Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention

I thought Tumblr's choice would have been that band with all the traps

because they suck and no one likes them

acting like you don't know the name of something is really cool

Tumblr never cared about The Doors. If they know anything about them, they probably vaguely know their hits. That's like saying Ramones is Tumblr's favorite band even though everyone knows they just wear their shirts for fashion and don't actually listen to them.

all i know is that a local band made fun of the traps on twitter, i cant even remember who made fun of them.

how's that different from Sup Forums

So the Velvet Underground?

Don't eat the yellow snow

yeah i think thats a hot tamale.

ok first of all, I've been here for so long i hate all of you

The answer is either animal collective or deathgrips

I'm basing this on purely content and meme magic, not any actual musical ability

The fact that it comes down to a split decision makes it even more Sup Forums

argue it off faggots(this is not ironic)

It's literally Death Grips. Death Grips' success was borne on the back of Sup Forums. There is no other correct answer.

you could say that about most bands

Obviously swans
>boring and repetitive
>pretentious
>edgy as hell
>been around longer than it should have
>just needs to fuck off already

Perhaps that's more descriptive of Sup Forums than the entirety of Sup Forums but you get my point

no one cares fagtron

what no

Was going to say gg allin, but this works too.

This
/thread

Radiohead

I thought Reddits band was Foo Fighters

Death Grips

Implying its not Moonman

Also Queen. This is a black people/fried chicken kind of situation.

These or maybe Primus

Which is why Queen shouldn't be treated as anything too special.

I dont care what people say about Queen but Cool Cat is one hell of a good song

radiohead, animal collective, nmh, death grips, kendrick lamar, etc,.

Queen but the speedrock albums

Midori

Sonic Youth is way too good to be appreciated here

If my post ends with two numbers that are the same or the number four (in honor of their most accomplished album) then this is true.

>i've been here for so long
>reddit spacing
disgusting