OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
REDRUM, RED-RUM

Read more: Alice In Chains - Iron Gland Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Because it is the best Grunge record on top of Foo Fighters

>Foo Fighters
You wot?

That's not Ultramega OK

Ultramega OK is fucking awful.

Badmotorfinger is the best "grunge" album.
Soundgarden was the best "grunge" band.

Nothing tops aic and nothing ever will.

Grunge is a madeup meme word by the media. AIC were sludge and alt metal, stp and pearl jam were rock and soundgarden were just hard and alt rock. Nirvana sucks dick compared to everyone from this scene except pearl jam, who are by far the worst.

So, AiC are still the best? Got it.

Yes but the label grunge is fucking retarded and anyone who uses it in reference to a genre or groul from seattle in the early 90s should not have their opinion taken seriously as its trash

Soundgarden are shit pal.

There are commonalities and people instantly recognise the genre because of certain conventions that the media portrayed about the scene in Seattle. Of course "Grunge" is more of a tagline by the media but still people instantly recognise what it means and what bands are associated with it, it's a form of verbal shorthand.

Best grunge record reporting in.

Not even the best Unplugged.

Why isn't it applicable as a catch-all term for a group of people in a specific part of the country in a specific frame of time?

It's just as useful as any other term that describes a scene.

You're fucking awful.

You're shit pal.

Soundgarden really is shit.
Temple of the dog, on the other hand...fucking amazing

Fuck off.
Come back when your balls drop, faggot.

>Pearl Jam but with Chris singing instead of Eddie

I win. :)

This was very rude. It's just music, friend. I respect your opinion, but it's wrong.

>tfw I found superfuzz bigmuff for $5 at a second hand store
>tfw it's the deluxe box edition with a live CD, poster and notes from mark with a bunch of pictures.
Life is fine.

That deluxe edition kicks ass, hope you like it

Ok listen to "Times Of Trouble" and tell me it isnt one of the best songs in that era

It's probably been my favourite album purchase this year tbf desu.

Nice b8, they brought nothing to the scene.
Boring and unoriginal. No soul.

>I respect your opinion
>it's wrong.
Like a said, you need to be over 18 to post here, you retard.

You didnt say that, though.

Second biggest wannabe band next to Pearl Jam.
Except STP actually made half decent music.

To be fair to them, Scott Weiland is legitimately a fantastic vocalist, arguably the best.

You might want to delete your post before you make bald faced lies, faggot.

Worst opinion in this thread. Weiland had some of the best melodies and the deleo brothers were the most original guitarist and bassist in the scene.

My balls actually dropped before I turned 18.
I'm sorry for your loss.

You haven't turned 18, baby dick.
Thus, come back when they have dropped.

Did the other boys make fun of you in the showers because you were a late bloomer?

People shit on STP but they had some great songs.

Don't project your gay masochistic fantasies onto me, baby dick.

The performance of down in a hole is better than the studio version

Uhh dudes, what's with all this macho posturing. What are you guys, jocks? This is a grunge thread dudes, we're all just trying to be us y'know?

*continues to be apathetic in a uniquely generational way*

Mmm I want to suck your dick mmm it tastes good in my mouth

>because layne is actually teapped in the hole and junked out

You literally picked the one song off the album where the studio version sounds better than the unplugged, in my opinion at least.

lol you sure showed me

Allright sorry, you're right.
Temple of the dog is still better than soundgarden, and "Sunshine" is objectively the best grunge song.

Wicked Garden is unironically one of the best grunge songs.

Angry Chair is underrated.

Speaking of Stone Temple Pilots.
I cannot find the rerelease of Core in flac on slsk and that's fucking gay.
I want to know if the demo of Only Dying is any better quality than the previously circulating version.

Temple of the Dog is objectively shittier than Soundgarden solely because of Vedder's shitty fucking vocals ruining Hunger Strike.

AiC best album

God Am is the only good song on the album.

AH

Whatever dude, I changed my opinion anyway so Mad Season is better than soundgarden and Temple of the dog, and Long Gone Day is the best song ever made.

>not dirt
mike inez plz

>This is Radio-X with PAGE

t. Jerry

Not really, but Shame In You is one of their best songs.

Ty bro, listening now.

Friendly reminder that Layne died April 5th, exactly 5 years after Kurts "suicide".

Friendly reminder that Kurt, Layne, Chris, Scott, Andy, and Mike were all killed by Courtney Love. Eddie Vedder is next.

How can anyone hate Eddie Vedder?

anyone who is past the age of 18 and grew out of dadrock

Great singing voice, but yeah Pearl Jam is dad rock. Granted, they had a few solid cuts and talent, but I mostly roll my eyes and turn the channel these days.

Also, In Utero is the best. Alice in Chains is solid but I would argue that In Utero more typifies grunge for its rougher edges.

He's basically the Bono of grunge. Well, maybe not as insufferable as Bono.

>Best Grunge record
>AiC themselves didn't label their sound as grunge

If I remember correctly, they thought of themselves as alt rock or something. Still one of my favorite album of theirs.

Pretty inane observation. The majority of "Grunge" bands interviewed at the time didn't believe in the labels or genres applied to them anyways. AiC was alt-metal or sludge as someone previously stated, as evident by touring with more traditional metal acts around the time of Facelift. Regardless they are Grunge because of their relation to Seattle, their relationships with other bands and the media interest associated with it.

In Utero, AiC self titled, and Superunknown are the best grunge records. Special thanks to Ten.

I don't think any grunge band identified with the "grunge" label. Even Cobain hated it.

This is one of those albums that you must listen from beginning to end. Nirvana's Bleach is the same as well. To me, Bleach sounds similar to Superfuzz Bigmuff.

What about the

"Daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more" was a nod to mudhoney's sweet young thing iirc.

But Soundgardern's best album is Ultramega OK.

the unplugged version of Got Me Wrong is my go-to version

>Sludge Factory
>Frogs
>Again
>Grind
>Over Now

Iiiiiiii dont miiiiind yooouuuaaaaa

I dont mind

i-i-i-i-i

I dont mind yooooouuuuaaaa

i dont mind

i-i-i-i-i

Loosssst myyyy mind yeah

i dont mind

"Loneliness is not a phase
Field of pain is where I graze
Serenity is far away
Saw my reflection and cried, hey
So little hope that I died, oh
Feed me your lies, open wide, hey
Weight of my heart, not the size, oh"

a grunge band wouldn't make lyrics like this

STP unplugged is better than nirvana, second only to AiC

What the fuck kind of opinion is this?

He literally took a knee like those football apes.

I think Mudhoney was the only Seattle band that liked it, because apparently Mark Arm coined it.

The truth

>AiC self titled and Superunknown
Yes, you are correct af

a really silly one

How the fuck do people shill Facelift with a straight face? Only the first three songs were good the rest was really cheesy hair metal runoff. Thank fuck they found their own signature sound.

this, they had fuck all to do with "grunge" at that point, even as vague as that label was. though i would say with dirt they transcended that box anyway.