How Do You Determine What’s Right & What’s Wrong?

How Do You Determine What’s Right & What’s Wrong?
To the atheist: Where does your sense of morality come from? How do you determine what is acceptable and what is unacceptable?
For example – if there are 2 atheists in a room: One atheist believes that abortion is wrong and another atheist believes that abortion is good. Which of these atheists is correct? Which one is right and which one is wrong?
For the Christian the question of morality and right or wrong comes from the Scriptures / the Bible. But for the atheist, the morality issue is very murky and always changing. For example, with the atheist, something as queer as beastiality can be wrong today and then the same act might be okay with him in the future. After all, atheists view themselves more as animals than humans. So the queer concept of beastiality is an open view even in their mindset.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 says “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
The issue of right and wrong comes only from one source – God.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics_in_the_Bible
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"I tell you the truth, whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven.
Matthew 18:18

Conveniently for the Christfag, all answers to life's deepest questions come magically from the floating grandpa in the sky.

>lrn2 Hegelian Dialectics

And you might just grasp how right, wrong do not exist beyond our human imagination.

There is no good or evil outside of our own understanding, never was and never will be.

since we all are god, yes you're right

Here's your >(you)
How did you determine that God / Scripture is right?

Are you absolutely sure there is no God? If not, then is it not possible that there is a God? And if it is possible that God exists, then can you think of any reason that would keep you from wanting to look at the evidence?

If you honestly read that bible of yours, you might question the morality of your God.

Morality is simple. When most people do something wrong, lie, cheat, steal, kill, hurt others. They feel "guilty" about it. You don't want to feel that way do you don't do these things. You don't need a god to tell you that.

I've looked over the extensive research into God's existence. It's pretty conclusive. I'm obviously open to change in the answer with new information, but until that comes in, morality is still a social concept, not a scripture one.

The Bible contains numerous examples seemingly unethical acts of God.

In the Book of Exodus, God deliberately "hardened Pharaoh's heart", making him even more unwilling to free the Hebrew slaves (Exod 4:21, Rom 9:17-21).
Genocidal commands of God in Deuteronomy, such as the call to eradicate all the Canaanite tribes including children and infants (Deut 20:16-17). According to the Bible, this was to fulfill God's covenant to Israel, the "promised land" to his chosen people.(Deuteronomy 7:1-25)
God ordering the Israelites to undertake punitive military raids against other tribes. This happened, for instance, to the Midianites of Moab, who had enticed some Israelites into worshipping local gods (Numbers 25:1-18). The entire tribe was exterminated, except for the young virgin girls, who were kept by the Israelites as slaves (Numbers 31:1-54). In 1 Samuel 15:3, God orders the Israelites to "attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys." [3]
In the Book of Job, God allows Satan to plague His loyal servant Job with devastating tragedies leaving all his children dead and himself poor. The nature of Divine justice becomes the theme of the entire book. However, after he got through his troubles his health was restored and all he had was doubled.
Sending evil spirits to people (1 Samuel 18:10, Judges 9:23).
Punishing the innocent for the sins of other people (Isa 14:21, Deut 23:2, Hosea 13:16).
In the Book of Isaiah, God created all natural disasters/the evil in the world. (Isaiah 45-7)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics_in_the_Bible

Would you agree that intelligently designed things call for an intelligent designer of them? If so, then would you agree that evidence for intelligent design in the universe would be evidence for a designer of the universe?

Believe in the Law, believe in America

Are you saying your parents designed you? Why would you think God had a design.

spider man is more believable tbh

If you have no sense of Empathy and must rely on a system of extrinsic demands on you, extorted by a similarly extrinsic insistence on a magickal self, then the problem's you, not those of us with developed, rational empathy.

Would you agree that nothing cannot produce something? If so, then if the universe did not exist but then came to exist, wouldn’t this be evidence of a cause beyond the universe?

I don't even know why we have ppl who even believe in a fukin god, i mean this shit was maybe usefull in the stoneage but now being religious is just being a dumb shitstain who can't think for himself

This is the same shitty copypasta you used last night while avoiding actual discussion. I'm beginning to think that all childlike empress christofascism threads are a bot being run through various refinement of response exercises.

Please let this be bait

morality is a product of culture and heritage you dip.
notice how different cultures value things differently

how do you know nothing cant produce something you got proof maybe after a million billion years nothing is just like fuck this i'm tired of this shit its time to be stuff

Yep, this is definitely the exact copypasta order of this thread, last night, including how the 'something from nothing' reply was posted as a response which didn't invoke creation theory at all.

Well the fact the universe doesn't have a known origin actually proves 'nothing cannot produce something' as plausible.

So did your parent design you or not?

Didn't you learn anything in sex ed? When they say it's not the size of the penis, it's how you use it, that's what they mean. Parents design their kids by using genetic fucking techniques.

My sense of right and wrong comes from how I was raised, as well as how I would like to be treated.

I find it disturbing that religious people need to be told by a wizard in the sky not to kill / rape. If you do right because the bible tells you to do it or else you'll go to hell, you're essentially only doing it because someone is holding a gun to your head.

Would you agree with me that just because we cannot see something with our eyes—such as our mind, gravity, magnetism, the wind—that does not mean it doesn’t exist?

say would you agree one more time u fucking nigger

Rape Culture in general is bullshit, but Christian Rape Culture is real.

Nope, gravity doesn't exist. It's just an illusion.

Would you agree that in order to understand and quantify that which we cannot see, we still need to be able to observe it objectively?

>Timothy 3:16-17 says “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God....”

Note the words “all scripture”. Not some, not just those in the new T. ALL scripture. This includes all of the psychopathic garbage in leviticus and deuteronomy including the part which explicitly commands parents to murder their children if they are disobedient.

This is your bible “morality”, religiotards. Will you follow this command? If not, how on earth will you work out how to react when your child is disobedient?

>gravity
gravity has a clear effect that you can see.
>magnetism
again, this is a thing that has an observable effect.
>wind
we fucking move air with our breath, why do you think we can't prove breathing?
>mind
I think therefore I am

Which god?

Apep, of course

Would you also agree that just because we cannot see God with our eyes does not necessarily mean He doesn’t exist?

Can you provide that evidence in objective, clear terms?

If you were to truly follow the "laws" of religion you would be put in jail , be killed , or just live terribly.
The morals as defined by religion are reprehensible in today's world and rightfully so.
Don't murder don't steal except when God tells you to, religion is an awful awful thing.

"but for good people to do evil — that takes religion"

But we can see it without eyes. There's countless tools to measure that.

No. Not being able to see, and not being able to measure is 2 different things.

Which god?

That's clearly bullshit. If you're not one of those Arian heretics, you have to believe that Jesus Christ is God, and he was clearly visible. So your assumption that God can't be seen is patently false, even according to the teachings of your moronic religion.

That which helps life is morally good.
That which harms life is immoral evil.
It isn't complicated.

I only determine fair and unfair. Right and wrong don't matter.

Diseases are alive, and by killing people they allow all kinds of new life to flourish on the corpse. So the Black Plague was morally good, and curing disease is immoral evil.

At least some1 who doesn't take the bait

To a christwhore: do you actually believe it is morally better to murder and eat 17 people than to save 12 lives?

Beastiality is a good way to avoid stds, pregnancy, and rape.
Are you a diseased rapist or something?

that is your logic? Really? You're saying to allow disease, and viruses, and bacteria to run rampant because according to you, it's morally good.

Thats some seriously autistic thinking. I mean, I'm shocked at how Fucking stupid you are. The bubonic plague was good, and containing it was morally bad? Who is this guy king idiot?

Who survives on corpses?
Andy sixx?

Would you agree that you are full of shit?

Typical Christian.
Only through suffering and pain can you get closer to Jesus on the Cross.