Exile on Main Street

This is one of the best rock albums ever made and I never see it discussed on Sup Forums. Not a single bad song and the album flows great.

My favorite album! Fucking fantastic
Honestly id rather it not become Sup Forumscore

the rolling stones? the more like the boring stones

More like the boring moans

Yeah, I'd rather not see this and the first four Allman Brothers albums being mentioned all the damn time because almost everyone here never goes beyond Sup Forumscore.

Great album I need to revisit it but stuff that sticks out in my memory
>slide on ventilator blues
>Keith doing vox on Happy
>Shine A Light being GOAT stones song

>that seamless transition from Ventilator Blues to I Just Want to See His Face

What's your opinion on Let it Bleed?

more like your mom is a whore that moans

If it weren't for Exile on Main St. we wouldn't have The New York Dolls, so that's a plus in it's favor.

Dope album. Shine a light, living cup, tumbling dice. My favorite song changes every time I listen.

have you heard Johnny Thunders' solo stuff and the Heartbreakers?

I prefer 60s Stones but Mick Taylor owns it on Exile.

>This is one of the best rock albums ever made
I honestly like Bridges of Babylon and Blue & Lonesome much more than that album. Hell, much more than any album of the Classic Rolling Stonee Era

The Stones never get discussed that much because they had a groove/R&B kind of sound. A lot of people think it's not rock unless it has big up-front metal guitars.

I thought it was ok 6/10
I only heard about that album from a movie called
"Sonnenallee" it's about life in east berlin during the 70's and one of the main characters trys desperatly to get "exile on main street" from the black market. Once he has it though , he get's shot due to a missunderstanding. However the double record ends up saving his live by "catching" the bullet. The record is shattered and he's in tears.(Image related)

Exile on Main Street [Rolling Stones, 1972]

More than anything else this fagged-out masterpiece is difficult--how else describe music that takes weeks to understand? Weary and complicated, barely afloat in its own drudgery, it rocks with extra power and concentration as a result. More indecipherable than ever, submerging Mick's voice under layers of studio murk, it piles all the old themes--sex as power, sex as love, sex as pleasure, distance, craziness, release--on top of an obsession with time more than appropriate in over-thirties committed to what was once considered a youth music. Honking around sweet Virginia country and hipping through Slim Harpo, singing their ambiguous praises of Angela Davis, Jesus Christ, and the Butter Queen, they're just war babies with the bell bottom blues. A+

Exile and Sticky Fingers is primo Mick T

what's more surprising is that the Pussy Galore version is never discussed

This album isn't even a 7. Far from being near even the top 100.

Both L.A.M.F. and So Alone are GOAT!

His project with Wayne Kramer, Gang War, was also good.