Theories on why pop music replaced ballads as chart-toppers?

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zSAow-RRQuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

idk people lost respect for sad songs?

This bitch must have cleaned up on licensing Total Eclipse of the Heart this year.

>ballads aren't pop music
what did he mean by this?
>implying Adele's "Hello" isn't the biggest song of the decade

ballads are pop music you fucking retard.

Why did Bonnie Tyler sound like an 80 year with terminal throat cancer in her 20s?

It's a Heartache [RCA Victor, 1978]

Maybe the title smash doesn't deserve to end up a one-shot--Tyler's songwriters, Ronnie Scott and Steve Wolfe, show a gift for the Nashvillian pain-of-love lyric. But if there's another hit hidden away on this album, it's gonna bore us all stiff inside of two weeks. C

holding out for a hero was the best song released in 1984

>anything produced by Jim Steinman ever

The production on FTTSON is actually pretty good by 80s standards and holds up well, which you can't say for most stuff from that era.

I guess...I just don't like his songwriting style that much.

I gotta say, she's not bad at impersonating John Fogerty. ;)

Holding Out For A Hero is pretty dated but it was intended for maximum commerciality.

Yeah...poor family planning will do that.

youtube.com/watch?v=zSAow-RRQuI

>tfw

That's ok, someone with that voice shouldn't pass on their genes anyway.

You think if you had a normal sex life for years you'd get pregnant by simple chance.

yes tho

That's the guy who launched meatloaf right. If so fuck you, Bad Out Of Hell is great

>Bad Out Of Hell is great
Not really, no.

senpai

Bonnie Tyler seems like a nice person and she's a big Christfag and all but her voice...is not so nice.

>holding out for a hero was the best song released in 1984

Yeah I was gonna say.

wtf is with her lips

>Adele's "Hello"
of the month maybe
her earlier hits lasted longer

At least her voice is distinct and interesting. I'm so tired of all the pop singers voices now, there's hardly any difference between them.

Distinct and interesting not necessarily meaning good. And even in the 80s about 90% of female pop singers had that same chipmunk voice.