My fiancee wants me to get a gun...

My fiancee wants me to get a gun, but when I ask /k/ which type is best for home defense while specifying that I don't think a small handgun is the solution I get called bait and get some random anti-Semitic flak.

I basically just want to know what the right gun with an integral silencer for home use would be. Just to avoid going deaf if I ever actually had to use it.
Help a brother out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AXOIQgfvVlE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any gun will do, just stick it up your ass and pull the trigger.

GAU-8

>integral silencer for home use would be. Just to avoid going deaf if I ever actually had to use it.
Wat? Have you ever fired a gun?

Not today sneaky jew

>I basically just want to know what the right gun with an integral silencer for home use would be.
nope sorry if you want a gun prepare to have your ear drums destroyed. you can maybe get a supressor it's sometimes legal in a few states but you're also looking at months of paper work and quite a hefty fee. guns are not for poor people. especially extra scary features that have any sort of functionality

Start off with anything chambered in .460 rowland, .500 s&w, 10mm. Or buy a mosin nagant and saw it off

suppressiors require a back ground check and a year wait...

why does a woman want u to get a gun? sounds like she's going to try to kill u

Yes. Many. Do you know how loud a shotgun is? Indoors without protection it's enough to disorient s person. It's like a flash bang. Why not take that down a notch?

12 ga. Shotgun and #8 birdshot rounds. Short range and dense pattern is ideal for home invasion as it has the stopping power but won’t pentrate your walls and cause damage or harm to your neighbors or their property.

You havent seen a real flashbang for pne and two being disoriented is better than watching some punk rape your woman

>the right gun with an integral silencer

tough combo to get your hands on

Just get a glock 43 like the rest of the normies.

And I'm not seeing the problem. I can file the paperwork and say I've done it.

Dont forget the bump stock.

SIG or a glock you don't need an automatic rifle because you're like the rest of the world you have dry wall and that shit isn't worth anything you fire a ar round through that and maybe ur kids behind it.

Get a pump shotgun, like a mossberg 500. The sound of a shotgun racking is one of the most terrifying sounds a home invader can hear.

>integral silencer
m8, just get an ar15 and wait on the tax stamp for the can if you want to play CoD in your house. have you ever shot a long gun with out ear pro? its not that bad, and way better then a nigger knife in your ribs. just having anygun is 1000x better then haveing no gun at all. thats the same mentality for having a compact pistol, you will carry it more.

really, I bet you didn't even try /k/ that hard, just lurk you giant fag.

plus that $200 tax stamp

Bolt action rifle. Get a .22 LR for $140. No permit required. Or up it to a .30-06 or .30-08 if you want guaranteed kill. A .22 LR will put even the biggest guys down and probably kill 'em.

Less sticky legally than a handgun if shit goes down, looks more badass, and fun to shoot. Cheap ammo, too.

SIG or a block. If you have kids don't get an automatic rifle or shotgun

It's 200 for the stamp. It's legal here. I just need the sheriff to sign off. The rest is paperwork and more taxes. It's not as expensive as going full auto. They make silencers you can legally buy. All full auto must be produced before 1984. Now that's expensive.

This, 3 loads of #8, 2 of bolo and a deer slug finisher is my home defence load.

Nice b8, fuck off ATF, not today

He makes a legit point, I've accidentally discharged a high powered rifle in my living room before. It sucks so much ass, your ears ring for a day straight

Unfortunately the US is fucking retarded when it comes to suppressors. You can get the gun they go on in 15 minutes but the little tube with some metal cones in it takes almost a year and probably costs at least as much as the gun, factoring in the $200 stamp

ruger makes a 10/22 one now

I unironically really want a Glock 42. I don't even like Glock but that .380 tho

You can find these oil filter suppressor kits online somewhere. It's illegal but just take it off after you use it; I think they get away with it because it's a kit and you supply your own filter. You'll need to get something with a threaded barrel. Get a CZ-75 don't be a faggot.

Any shotgun and use buckshot, Maximum damage with a low chance of piercing walls

No they don't. They make a threaded 10/22 Takedown Lite
Would recommend #4 turkey shot instead of buckshot for HD. Buckshot actually has a decent chance of penetrating a wall

>fudd alert

Then I'll kick him in the balls. It's not like I've never been in a fight. The way I figure it if he comes in with a gun he's got the drop on me. If he doesn't I'll kick the shit out of him and stab him to death with my pocket knife.

>This thread

as a nogunz faget, itsounds like you're asking for something magic. You can put an awkward huge custom suppressor on a shotty to get it a hair below earsplitting, or you can sacrifice that spread for some handgun that fires a common subsonic round plus a suppressor and have your senses intact.

>year wait
What? Do you live in a cucked state or something?

Maxim 9 is the only thing non military that fits your "integral" suppressor requirement. Everything else is a screw on Can for the firearm.

I change my mind this guy is right, turkey shot is the right way to go

So many noguns in this thread.
Get a shotgun and use buckshot.
If you really want suppressed, then get an AR. The .223 round tumbles when it hits drywall and is relatively safe against over penetration.
Youtube that shit, faggot.

okay buddy, go shoot up your house with an ar15 at the sound of a broken lamp you scared fuck

Ever shot one indoors. It's a lot louder. Plus I always figured bullpup or sawed off shotgun for home defense, but I'm open to other suggestions. I don't think anything that long is practical. Just as I don't think a handgun is practical.

No if hes got the drop on you and he has a gun you will not disarm him you will get chewed up.

>RIFLE

I think you mean shoulderable grenade

Get a .410. They aren't loud at all. You can get it in shotgun and pistol flavors. They make all kinds of neat .410 rounds and you can load .45 or .454 in the Taurus (but it'd be a lot louder. So long as it's not birdshot you'll put him down

.410 is loud as fuck in a Judge or Governor

Actually they make integral suppressor bullpups. There are revolver and magazine types. It's just more paperwork. Some aren't even technically short barreled and therefore don't require as much paperwork. The one pictured is twice as much paperwork. Short barreled and "silenced"

1) Ringing ears should be the least of your concerns compared to the round penetrating multiple walls and endangering neighbors or others in the house ... not to mention the possible lethality of whatever situation you're in. But if you're really THAT worried about your ears then maybe you should ...
2) ...get a dog. Dog and iron bars on your windows and live on the second floor of an apartment if possible. No safety to fiddle with in the dark when intruder comes, no "is that my fiance getting water or O.J. Simpson?" questions to answer when waking up, no self defense training to learn.

Don't worry about your hearing. I've shot inside before back in my Army days, you'll survive. Don't make a habit of shooting inside and remember your odds of having to fight an intruder in your house are pretty fucking low and you'll be fine.

For home defense you want small and loud. Don't worry about the loud part, it's a lot louder at the dangerous end.
Shotguns are unwieldy in the confines of a room to room encounter and easy for an intruder to grab.
My preference is a short barrel 357 mag with a laser sight. Moves quick, hits hard, and with the laser you can shoot accurately from awkward positions.

Yes. Hence why the gun wouldn't do me much good. But I am actually trained to disarm. Knowing the factors I don't know if I could pull it off in real life though. No matter how many drills I've done. What I was saying is that if he's not armed I'll probably mangle him. If he's got a gun out I'm probably fucked anyway.

yeah 200 for the stamp and you're going to be waiting around for a long ass time on the paper work, then you have to see if you even have a threaded barrel on your gun, if not new barrel. plus back orders from silencer companies since not a whole lot make them and you'll pay quite a lot for it. then fitting it so if you got the right barrel you still might need to take it to a gun smith to have it threaded more time and money. then the thing might reduce the volume like 5-15 decibles like it's hardly a difference

May as well get a .38SPL if you're going to get a snubnose. A ridiculous amount of muzzle energy is lost with a 2" barrel

There are plenty of full sized pistols that would blow a hole in an intruder while having a wide variety of suppressors to choose from. Most won't go through walls of say, an apartment. If you're worried about the shit from a shotgun, just spend it on a good pistol.

Plus he would get to pet the dog and give it treats.

A shotgun isn't going to penetrate multiple walls and kill a neighbor. Even a slug won't. Because it's a big heavy chunk of metal that moves relatively slowly. A 9mm or .41ae will go through walls and kill people, if full metal jacket. A hallow point going through multiple walls is less likely and a slug? Ha

>it's hardly a difference

That's not true. 5.7mm is as loud as a passing fart with a suppressor, .32 is pretty quiet too.

Would actually recommend 5.7. Literally less recoil than a .22, and I think they make them with integral suppressors

You wont go def if you have to use it in an emergency situation. Just don't practice with it without ear protection. Short term exposure to gunfire won't affect your hearing long term (although you may hear ringing for a few hours) I know from experience, I mag-dumped (16 rounds) a 40 cal glock at a stray dog that was attacking my dog. So yeah, ears may ring a bit but as long as you don't make a habit of firing w/o hearing protection you will be fine. Silencers are overrated and just a pain to deal with in the real world.

Kek
Like that shit ain't loud

An integral silencer. Not a threaded barrel. Also I wouldn't buy one that didn't have one if my intention was to... Is this guy trolling me?

Maxim 9.

I've literally never worn ear protection.

My shit rings every now and again but it's not the permanent hearing loss people are describing.

>Would actually recommend 5.7

There's a reason that literally not one single LEA uses 5.7. It's a meme caliber with no practical use unless you specifically NEED a pistol that can penetrate level II body armor

You don't need a silencer man, if it's for home defense your blood will be pumping so you'll not even really hear it.

I got my mother a mossburg 12 gauge pistol grip shotgun. This way it wouldn't murder her shoulder if she ever had to use it, and it's just pew pew point and clicky

12 gauge with bird shot. Won't kill you unless it's pressed up against someone, but will sure as fuck let the person know they aren't supposed to be there. Their loud but nothing that would damage your hearing unless you're trying to demolish your bathroom walls.

Just use the right ammo
2" barrel
Speer short barrel 357 - 990 ft/s , 294 ft/lbs
Speer short barrel 38spl+p - 860ft/s, 220 ft/lbs

I'll take the extra 30% power from the 357

Cz-75 over a Glock?

And then it snaps and kills a baby. Plus those breeds are considered dangerous here and actually require as much paperwork as the silencer. Meanwhile I can legally buy a gun from my neighbor without any paperwork unless I want an integral silencer and for it to be short.

Yes because you want to leave the intruder alive to sue the fuck out of you

IDIOT, when she told you to get a gun she was talking about a nigger gun.

she wants the D because yours is too small.

Fella I knew had one, the one with a suppressor he let me shoot. Said he had some kind of rat bullet; he shot the mouse and entered and expanded inside the rat. It never exited, it blew up in the rat and it couldn't get back in the mouse hole.

Also, a 5.7mm suppressor can fit on a .17, which is pretty cool. .17 is a fun round too and a rifle can be had cheap.

I THOUGHT A WILD BIRD WAS IN MY HOUSE

Where the fuck do you live? Come to Florida, shoot anyone who comes in your house with malicious intent.

>It killed a rat, clearly suitable for your HD needs

A 5.7 suppressor would fit a .22 since a .22 is 5.56

Have a kek for that rare pepe

If you shake a glock, it rattles. If you shake a CZ, it does not. That slide inside the frame is great design.

Best combat 9mm in the world. And you can get it in its all-metal glory for as cheap as a Glock.

No. Best combat 9mm is the baby eagle. Those Jews sure know how to design a gun

Having been someone who has fired a shotgun indoors at someone with out hearing protection, I would say that is the best way to go. If you use something with a suppressor you are just going to get flack in the courts about "Obviously making the gun more lethal with the addition of a suppressor" (no suppressors do not make guns more lethal but liberals). Seriously shotguns with 00 buck or number 4 buck is really the way to go.

Crossbow..

Cz-75 over a Glock?

Yhea but the cz-75 break s very easy. At least mine did it broke almost every time I went out shooting.

Never shoot a person unless you intend to kill them. Shooting them with bird shot or shooting to wound them will just open the door for them to sue you for damages you caused to them and you paying for their disability. It sounds rediculous but it's true, shit-heads have actually sued people and won for damages they incurred while committing crimes against the good guy or on their property illegally. Remember dead people can't sue you and it's much easier to win a case when the only other guy is dead and was on your property illegally...

Some of these responses, Jesus christ walking on water. That being said might as well go balls to the wall. 300blk out. Seriously a handgun chambered in 9mm in those ranges will be effective. I have a benelli supernova with a jelly head choke on it. Along with #6 3" turkey loads. I figure it will rupture my ear drums, but it patterns to 60yrds hallway maybe what 10/15ft? Point in getting to won't be a large spray. Long story short get a handgun shit get the sig p320 then you can chamber a fee diff calibers.

It was a special round, I think he hand-loaded some too.

It just proves that even though it can penetrate level ii body armor, you don't have to load it that way. it's bb gun levels of recoil too.

i didn't know it'd fit a 5.56 though. that's neat

I'm a minority and this is Missouri. They won't buy the "more lethal" argument. Legally self defense here can include the use of a flame thrower or an illegal weapon. Basically so long as you can aim it it's legal to use in self defense. Even if you don't have it legally. It's like a weird pass to murder.

Nooo, a 5.56 has WAY more pressure than a 5.7 or .22

I just meant a .22 is the same diameter as a 5.56

I have one of these in .380 and had ones in ..40 and 9mm. Take a closer look at that rear sight in the picture.

>Ghost ring sights

HiPoint are the only company that offers ghost ring sights on their pistols in the box, and you get a lifetime warranty.

The .380 has a cool accent stripe. It's an attractive piece.

Personally own a 5.7 it does not come from FNH with a threaded barrel or a supressor for a civi. They actually don't recommend suppressing it unless you are military because only the military can get FN's subsonic rounds.

Only the military has access to the Armor Piercing ammo.
>Standard American Eagle ball ammo will shoot through lvl 3 body armor without the plate. Anyway though.
the 5.7 was designed with the intention of dumping ALL of its energy on impact of a target. Hence ricochets are extremely rare/minimal with this round.

>doesn't like noise
>wants integral suppressor
>bullpup
>sawed off shotgun
>doesn't want to pay tax stamp
>thinks handgun is unpractical
Now I know why you got made fun of over in /k/.

If noise is your issue, integral suppressors are shit, and a sawed off shotgun will blow your ears out, not to mention you still will have to pay a tax stamp for an SBR (something you seem to not want to do for a regular suppressor).

If you think a small pistol is impractical, and a bigger bullpup/shotgun won't be somehow, get a full sized pistol. It'll be smaller than your bullpup/shotgun and bigger than a small revolver.

Get a .45 full frame and stop being a bitch and buy a suppressor. I waited 4 months for mine, I have no idea where people are getting this ((((1 year)))) time frame from but the likelihood of you using the pistol until then is almost none anyway. .45 is a subsonic round with good stopping power, and with a suppressor it is very quiet for a gunshot. I'd say safe suppressed indoors, at least in my HK USP .45 Tactical (which I would recommend).

If that's still not for you, stop letting your woman make your decisions, you're a big boy now.

I know! It's a win/win/win/win/win and doggy gets a happy home too!

FFS though "I want a lethal force tool but am worried about my hearing" just smacks of completely the wrong mindset. You can't make an omelette without cracking some eggs. If you insist on a gun-centered home defense, loudness is just one of the problems you'll have to put up with unless you go through a LOT of paperwork and money to get a silencer that will add extra bulk and probably not make the thing a whole lot quieter anyway.

12 gauge shotgun. for simplicity, versatility, and effectiveness. #8 shot will kill a man, and even if he does survive there is no way they will be able to stop the bleeding.

I'll pay the stamp, I just don't want to pay for 2 stamps on one gun. Your reading comprehension sucks

Long gun is massively unsafe in a house.
youtube.com/watch?v=AXOIQgfvVlE

>I'm retarded amd don't know how the NFA works
The wait is down to like 6 months now but yeah.

If you absolutely want a suppressor and can’t have a handgun, this is basically your only option. A suppressed shotgun that is legal is going to be long as hell and in any case still very fucking loud.

Here’s your gun:
Get a 10.5” carbine-gas length AR15 and have a gunsmith weld a 5.5” suppressor on. Only 1 tax stamp needed because you’re now at the legal 16” barrel length, and any shorter barrel might have reliability issues. Get it in .300 Blackout, which has excellent performance even when subsonic. It’s going to be expensive, probably around $2K with an optic and lights and whatever other gear you want, but it will be very quiet and very effective. Overpenetration might be a problem, and if that’s a big issue just stick with 47 gr .223 for caliber.

Why isn't a pistol sufficient? This isn't CoD lol. 99% of pussy home invaders aren't wearing a bulletproof vest. This thread is literally guys only suggesting trucks to a guy who doesn't want a smart car.

Get a 12 gauge. Semi auto preferably, but pump works too. Use 9 pellet 00 buckshot rounds. if each pellet hits, they have the energy equivalent to 9 .38 special rounds.

I live 5 minutes away from 3 different hospitals. I think they could save him. It would be a mess, but people have lived through horrible things. I don't think I'll ever have to use it, but if it makes her feel safer...

Springfield 1911

>'Muricah

Dont know what it is about firing these, they just fit so well to my hands. Just do jhp rounds. God forbid you try fmj ammo for home defense. Though i would test it out first since some 1911s only like fmj. I highly doubt youll need more than 7-8 rounds for a burglary anyways.

get yourself a 38 or a 35 handgun or a smaller shotgun, if youre scared of loud sounds a suppressor isnt really gonna help ya, doesnt work like in the movies. If youre scared of loud noises youre probably gonna be too scared to face an intruder anyway.

I can't believe no one has suggested a Shockwave

Not long. You can legally get bullpup or even short barrel. The short barrel is more paperwork and another stamp. I can legally own a minigun. This is America

Ugh I guess a Hi-point is better than no gun at all... Sig Sauer and S&W both have lifetime warranties and ruger will repair any of their products reguardless of age or origional owner (as long as it isnt modified). But hi-points really need and use their warranties, but hey, if it does jam it's heavy enough to cause real damage when you throw it at someone...

>I don't think a small handgun is the solution
So get a big handgun, you fucking retard.

>integral silencer
it's clear you don't know what you're talking about, just get a fucking .22 revolver.

You won't maintain it properly, probably