Graffiti thread?

Graffiti thread?

Never seen one here before, general discussion

>Favorite artist?
>Do you do it?
>Tips?
>Brands

Just some ideas to get the ball rolling. I enjoy a lot of the items on artprimo, the caps and inks are all fantastic. I particularly enjoy "philly style" tags which is just tall and skinny letters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Rf113qsyXs
youtube.com/watch?v=MxTNUWJf9Uo
youtube.com/watch?v=AwpufzTG7lg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i mean, banksy is pretty dope

i mean, banksy is pretty dope.

I do enjoy his work, a lot of political pieces. OP here

There is this person is Berlin, Germany; I don't know where to find more of his work but his name is "Easy"

There is also this guy from New York I cant quite think of at the moment, hes to be considered a "Graffiti grandfather"

banksy is pretty dope, i mean

What you write

As in my name? I honestly don't put anything past Sup Forums and will keep personal names private. However its 4 letters, I like to think simple and quick is good for hitting up dank spots. However don't base your name simply by ease of hitting up locations.

Mear1 > banksy

RESMA TNG

I really love to see that scribbly shit that untalented children tag all over the place. Glad that caught on. Really gives the cities a sophisticated "we have local artists" look.

OP here

I just had this discussion today and it's scary good advice:

>Watch where you tag
>Keep and eye out for "sharp bendy letters" "area codes" "r.i.p"
>Gaaaaaang terrritttooorrryyyy
>Tags in gang territory
>Name auto-associated with gang
>Rival gang hates you now
>Accidentally tags on rival gang's territory unwillingly

You see how this can go bad? just avoid those areas.

Why do you guys tag? For me I like seeing my name up on walls, I like walking away and seeing what I have created. Walking past it days later in the middle of the afternoon, basking in it. It's more about personal pleasure to me.

There is a limit imo, don't tag your shitty basic letter name everywhere. Add style or don't tag anything. For the love of god practice before you hit up anything with any tool aswell

Faggot. Hope a gang member shoots you in the ass.

>do you do it?
No I don't not deface peoples property and fuck their shit up

My entire response was me saying avoid these locations, but i'm also a poster in a feels thread so yea I hope I do.

The problem is kids with zero skills "like seeing mah name up on walz" and just make things look like shit.

I have "tagger's etiquette"

1. No private property ie cars, houses, fences etc
2. No schools
3. No churches
4. No hospitals

I mostly do backroads, sidewalks, and under bridges.

>Still vandalism none the less

youtube.com/watch?v=7Rf113qsyXs

Trains are ok too.

I'm sure there is a fine line between tagging for the sake of your name and personal pleasure and straight up art such as banksy and previously mentioned Mear1.

>God bless America and our opinions

Art is one thing, tagging is another. Always a lot more of the latter by talentless children. Makes the community look like shit.

Thank you for this I loved it

I wish I had a crew to pull off shit like this

Im sorry we don't share the same feeling about it. I am also sorry you have shitty children who got their dad's krylon from the garage and had a field day.

When I worked in Boston I saw what I would consider art. Some of it truly breathtaking. The video posted above is a sad attempt. It's fucking bubble letters. Reminds me of what jr. high school girls used to write on their book covers. If you have no talent, stay away from the paint.

I've been tagging and doing throwies since I was 11. It's like an addiction, I'm 25 now and I'll still go out one night a week to go tagging by myself. I've had the same tag for 10 years now and it's in a fuckload of places now.

>I'm 25 now and I'll still go out one night a week to go tagging by myself.

Maybe it's time to grow up.

Thats dope to hear man! Same goes for my brother, we're a duo. Same age and all.

Got any S designs on deck or do you practice on paper? I seem to be struggling with Bubble "S" and "K"

>NewTagFag, maybe like past year with the last couple months being me reaaallllyy getting into it.

It's just fun, man. Say what you will, I'll probably never stop. I've developed a wicked handstyle over the years and have done a few really nice pieces if I do say so myself. I always though I'd grow out of it but this shit is for life.

I don't actually practice on paper anymore so I don't have anything to show ya. Everytime I have a shower I tag the shower glass when it gets all fogged up though haha.

youtube.com/watch?v=MxTNUWJf9Uo

Dude is:

A. 25
B. user on Sup Forums
C. Is getting criticized for hobby

I'm just saying it'd be like criticizing Kirk Hammett for being 50 and still playing. You think he still needs money to retire? Hell nah.

>Grow up oldfag, thrash is for them youngsters

How much money do you suppose user gets paid for tagging his shitty initials?

Kirk Hammett is actually good at what he does and doesn't make his community look like shit doing it.

I am loving all of your videos you are posting

I have no clue how some people can just tag in broad daylight. I don't get super spooked but some people are cop callers and some will even hold you down. Better safe than sorry.
I imagine however laws must be much more lenient in other states/countries CalBear fag here

Used to be pretty into but stopped a few years ago because I decided I wanted to work in law enforcement ironically. Still love taking pics and seeing the local writers get up around town tho. From the Portland area so here's a list of some of my favorites writers off the top of my head.
Zenko
Seldom
Pirex
Seimer
Art96
Labrat
Stepdad
Hiero
Isher
Humen
Rack
Aplus
Fleks
Jefe
Aters
Dreds
Osab
Abuse
Antsi

Do you think you could ever see yourself doing small tags here and there on an electrical box in uniform? I would honestly cream if I saw a cop tag because we would just be best buds.

Hahahaha that would be hilarious. It's personally just too much of a risk. Call me a pussy if you want but giving up graffiti is a small price to pay for getting a career that I would love. I still have about a year left in college and getting caught would completely destroy my dreams.

not a tagger but i used to scribble for shit and giggles when i was in adult school

>pic related
the ''tag'' i used to fuck around with, i tried to replicate it on paint but it's hard and look like shit but i guess you get the idea

A2M means ass to mouth

I like the "m"

The A and the 2 just aren't my cup of tea but I like the fact that its a one-liner

>I can't 1-liner for shit
>Do I need to explain what that is?

I write sour ,My favorite graffiti artists are , Kidult , Cope2 , Trick54(He's not very known)

OP answering own question:

I found the New York dude

youtube.com/watch?v=AwpufzTG7lg

Mike Giant

Holy fuck this board is full of children.

Toronto fag reporting, been tagging for a minute, few throw ups but never any crazy pieces, yet.

no, i got the point
thing is i didn't made it on purpose, just thought that linking the ''A'' and ''M'' with a 2 represented the acronym
hence, ass to mouth

Nice hand style

dw bro, I get it
hey, thanks

nah graffiti's for fags m8

haha! dude that's pretty sick, i like your style
also sick!

Quick throwie I did a while back "Zetr"

I like it

lol i didn't think ppl would rep the A2M ITT, thought i would've been called a poser or something but glad to see people's take on it

taggings the life bro, pieces are cool but you never see them in well populated areas, doing a quick tag on the side of a bus for everyone to see or at a coffee shop or some shit, just a thrill man

damn dude, your handstyle is pretty savage
kinda reminds me of old kung fu flicks for some reasons

Your poisoned with Barium.

I mean, banks is pretty dope.

519 is area code at the bottom on a side note
>I mean, banks is pretty dope.

unfortunately, i don't
the whole ''A2M'' thing was just a way for me to pass time when i was bored in adult school when i was 17... i don't know jackshit about it other than having hungout with some dudes that used to be part of a crew
514 here
i mean, banks is pretty dope

ya man! Sup Forums be repping dat A2M

the dream
ah rip, tbh I wish graff threads were more of a thing, where people just wrote out shit people asked for
>sum1 give me a word request ty kek

A2M Ass 2 mouth is a genius tag

Elms doin Elms shit. OC. Might have to zoom in

Layt

holy shit that one is fucking sick!
yeah, don't expect much from this shithole even tho there's the occasional gem like this thread

i don't know what to suggest other than stupid shit like ''traps aren't gay''

Used to do street art all the time, almost got arrested spray painting a bigfoot atan abandoned factory. Too much to lose now, job, money, etc. still paint. Just not on other people’s property....

thanks man, we could make it a collective tag
hell, i don't even mind if people steal it

I think it would be a great name for a crew. If I was still getting up I'd rep it just cus it's unique and funny.

Pussy

fosho! didn't think of it that way but it could be a sick crew name
if any of you guys are willing to rock it, atleast sign a ''514'' somewhere for me cause i'm from this area

Word: Rank
That's my tag, been writing it for 10 years.

traps are gay, sorry ecks dee
>pc crashed sorry friends
ill try but if you've been doing it for 10 years youve got ages on me bro, probably run miles around me

graffiti is for faggots unless youve got permission from the property owner.

most of the illegal bombing is garbage anyway compared to the pieces done with permission.

found somewhere

>traps r gay
haha nice, better than my first suggestion cause traps ARE gay

idk bro, k's are hard I dont do them often ;p good word tho nice pick, got any pics of your hand style?
kek

When Satan asks, you answer.

nioce

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

one attempt, tried to oneish line it. kinda aight i guess

FAOS
INCH TNS
KING ROBBO
JAYER
REOT DVS
GRIM - OTRAS
MIGHTY MO

banksy is a massive fag for beeing a sellout and stealing blek le rat's work(google it!)

i love cope2's throw ups, although he's said to be a snitch

i used to do it myself about a year ago, but got into some trouble with other crews, that's why i stopped

also: revs, pez, 1up, berlin kidz

FAOS?

>banksy is a massive fag for beeing a sellout and stealing blek le rat's work(google it!)
Yea, he's a massive fag who travels the world and uses decoy artists for an alibi. Such a fag, he has a half-dozen books in the MOMA gift shop. Such a fag that he set up a sidewalk table and let people buy his shit for almost nothing. He didn't sell-out, dick knob, other people took notice. Its called recognition, which is largely the point of art of this nature. Get a fucking clue.

i mean, banks is pretty dope

Could you do Lich for me?

>KBTR

GO AWAY, NIGGER.

YES THATS RIGHT, NIGGER
NIGGER

untalented ugly NIGgEgggggER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER!

do die nigger, also come bag my groceries, NIGGER. you worthless nigger.

hi loser. have you come to serve me in the store? yes, i'd like to buy that item that costs more than 2x your paycheck for 2 weeks. you simpleton NIGGER.

HAHAHAHAHHA NIGGER.

hey nigger this is an open chat. everyone can see.

have fun snitching on yourself!! stupid faggot nigger!!

mmk, i guess, just did it fast tho

lol

Thanks man! I'm having troubles with i

tbh bro, aslong as it looks like an I, its an I