What are latin america countries doing in ww1 and ww2?

What are latin america countries doing in ww1 and ww2?
Are they even being effected?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1M7sUCElJK0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombia_during_World_War_II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aracy_de_Carvalho_Guimarães_Rosa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Martins_de_Souza_Dantas
internacional.estadao.com.br/noticias/geral,pais-foi-chamado-a-ocupar-a-austria,383584
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/201st_Fighter_Squadron_(Mexico)
youtube.com/watch?v=2WMUGVvRdQA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ww1
On the midle of a revolution
>Ww2
Working on the us cropfields

Most of them just got rich from selling raw materials to both sides especially rubber.

>ww1
nobodycares.jpg

>ww2
-neutral
-welcomeheremydearnazis.png

We fought on both of them. Also managed to force the US to build our steel heavy industry which nowadays is the most competitive steel of the world

>What are latin america countries doing in ww1 and ww2?
nuffin,being neutral
>Are they even being effected?
a good opportunity for selling our shit and welcome those poor jewish immigrants.

The world wars ultimately broke Argentina since their economy was so extensively tied into supplying meat and grain to the British Empire. When that dwindled, Argentina went down with it.

>during ww1
In turmoil
>during ww2
In turmoil, but not because of that war.

>both sides
Not Germany because of the Allied naval blockade.

>WW1
Killing ourselves
>WW2
Flying

interesting
i never see brazilian army in any kind of documentary before

youtube.com/watch?v=1M7sUCElJK0 there is a song about it
anyway they don't even teach this in our schools

Banana pistols and coconut canons can only get you so far in modern warfare, I guess

We literally hue'd the fuck up of Nazi Germany in Northern Italy

>anyway they don't even teach this in our schools
you studied in a shitty school then

no u

Nothing significant, we helped the americans and the brits in the caribbean and lost some soldiers while doing it, we also kicked some germans that where in the country (mostly because of the US)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombia_during_World_War_II

HOLY SHET!
kraut get btfo by monkey
how will they ever recover from this?

Ironic considering that Vargas implemented fascism in Brazil and generally admired Germany/Italy.

We also saved some thousands of Jews

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aracy_de_Carvalho_Guimarães_Rosa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Martins_de_Souza_Dantas

Of course they teach it you dumb fuck, even in shitty public schools

Yeap, above everything he was a nationalist just like those regimes, so he was willing to enter the war for the side that gave us the highest bid, and in the end it was the US who gave us CSN (National Siderurgic Company) boosting our industrialization project

It wasn't exactly fascism but pretty close to it, indeed. Brazilian history is full of ironies like that though

I take it also that membership in the UN postwar required cooperation with the Allies?

Selling our labor to the americans

>WW1
We tried to bribe the Mexicans into attacking the US by promising Texas to them.

But the holocaustic never happened

There were also race riots in SoCal after Navy sailors accused Mexican migrant laborers of doing their girlfriends.

it is a pretty interesting story actually. brazil was hesitating between germany vs the allies so that steel deal helped them make the right decision. the us even had a back-up plan to invade them if they remained loyal to germany. the allies feared that germans could launch an attack on south america from north africa and brazilian north east would have been the most likely target that needed to be protected. google plan rubber. we also helped them patrol their waters to protected them against the german submarines.

We could have occupied Austria, but our stupid government refused it

internacional.estadao.com.br/noticias/geral,pais-foi-chamado-a-ocupar-a-austria,383584

>"General (Mark) Clark (allied commander in Italy) was sent to Austria as chief of occupation and, knowing the Brazilians, he thought it would be interesting to have them", reveals the historian
>The researcher reports that diplomat Vasco Leitão da Cunha heard in Rome that British general Harold Alexander would have said: "The Brazilian is a beautiful soldier. I regret to know that they want to go home and not go to Austria."

>tfw the Brazilian is a beautiful soldier

paraguay was commie, el salvador was pretty fascist for the most part, they were preparing an invasian through guatamela and mexico to conquer the US and Canada

oh god imagine how shitty the world would be

After V-E Day, Chiang Kai-Shek made a radio broadcast announcing that "With Germany defeated, the whole weight of the civilized world comes crashing down on Japan." which is also amusing considering his pro-German sympathies and that KMT ideology drew a lot from Mussolini's corporate state.

there were probably no chimping out favelados back then

germany sank some boats in the northeastern coast

We were killing each other

Germans tried to make an alliance with us

Some conspiracy theorists think the Zimmerman Telegram was forged by the British Foreign Office to get the US to declare war on Germany.

They're wrong.
I was there.

Mexico also fought against the Japanese un Luzon, Philippines.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/201st_Fighter_Squadron_(Mexico)

The evidence for this is the idea that Germany couldn't possibly be serious about allying with a cunt in a state of anarchy and which they had absolutely no way of delivering armaments to.

It could be, anyways it sounds really stupid that germans would risk such an important telegram and ask a country in ruins to invade the USA.

>KMT ideology drew a lot from Mussolini's corporate state.
i have no idea where do you get this information from
China was just using a method which also be used in most European power

As has been said, Vargas sold himself as a prostitute.

Here is a documentary subtitled on what they did with immigrants, mainly Germans who could be arrested for the simple fact of speaking German.
youtube.com/watch?v=2WMUGVvRdQA

Brazil has kept 31 concentration camps to arrest citizens of Japan, Italy and Germany.

Grandpa fought on WW2 while my other grandpa fled from Germany with the war

sell meat
sell meat
sell meat

t.cowholocaust

In Uruguay we got rich by selling everyhing the allies and nazi soldiers ate during the war.

Of course the US had to put a series of dictatorships here that stole everything and sent us to the gutter.

Brazilians sent a couple troops and fucked more nazis in a week than the allies did in years.

As I said, Uruguay and Argentina's economies were linked to Britain's colonial empire, so when it went down, they went down with it.

these old ladies sound so hurt. do they feel brazilian after what happened to them?

Having a fiesta because we were happy for your deaths, but send some planes just to pretend we were fighting.

Yes, partially, there are far more complicated things about it.

Even today, most of their business and trade are conducted with Europe and China since the US has no need for their principle products.

Not at all though, you're just washing your hands.

I know for a fact our products are of better quality than any of their equivalent in the US. You're just protectionists

I don't forget the 2000's mad cows either, I bet the british had to do with that too right?.

I do not think so. Seeing that the mother tongue is dying among her people, realizing the loss of traditions and customs among her grandchildren must be horrible. The immigrants suffered a lot in this land to realize that the reward is the degradation of their culture. Speakers of Italian, German, Japanese, Polish, Ukrainian and other smaller groups are fading. This is the culmination of multiculturalism, the degradation of all cultures.

lol kill yourself

multiculturalism should actually be preserving their languages and culture instead of destroying them my friend. You have been too much on Sup Forums

The world was a lot more multicultural 100 years ago, unique regional/national cultures are disappearing in the wake of creeping globalization/Americanization.

I have expressed myself wrongly, I mean multiculturalism in only one nation.

>I mean multiculturalism in only one nation.
Still wrong, if anything they have embraced brazilian culture which is the opposite of multiculturalism

>Brazil has kept 31 concentration camps to arrest citizens of Japan, Italy and Germany.
Oh fuck off

Honestly you're ridiculous, I bet you say all that bullshit but don't really give a fuck about the culture of all the recent immigrants in Europe (and mind you, I'm not saying you should).
There are still plenty of rural communities that alienate and exclude themselves from the rest of the country, and I've they are disappearing it's only their own damn fault. And honestly, as someone whose parents moved from one of those communities to the cities, I couldn't give a fuck about most of them, as they're incredibly ignorant and racists, and think they're superior to everyone.

>and I've they're disappearing
I meant "if they're disappearing", my bad

Is this really a thing? People from inside these communities actually think this?

I've been curious about this subject since I have been told it, but could never confirm, so that means I could never really form an opinion around it.

Of course they do. And it honestly wasn't as bad as the autistic user is trying to make it look like. People should stop being a bunch of crybabies

I'm talking about old people from very rural communities, mostly in the South. They're honestly irrelevant anyway, so who cares.

People from Blumenau, Pomerode and medium-sized cities like that aren't like that. And yes, they do consider themselves Brazilians, even more so the younger ones.

Seems legit then. I've been recieving visits from southern people and I never actually got that impression, which is why I asked.

Thanks for the clarification, user. God bless.

Playing Tropico but irl

a bitch gotta get pumped, carnal

bump