Where were you when you realized that life is a simulation?

Where were you when you realized that life is a simulation?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno's_paradoxes#Achilles_and_the_tortoise
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In Bob's Vargina

wut

inside the simulation machine

> /thread

He will never reach the tortoise user. Distance and movement are illusions which could only exist in a simulation.

>The shortest distance between two points is a straight line

Wut

apart from reality. this is and old paradox only working inside the box of the thought.

Everything is a simulation. Therefore, everything is real.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno's_paradoxes#Achilles_and_the_tortoise

What do you mean inside the box of the thought?

Niggers

I heard of the Achilles and the tortoise in the kindergarten, then I learned how atoms work and that it's true that they never touch each other and that the concept of touch actually makes no sense at the atomic level, especially because they're not even solid spheres.

Dubs don't lie. Also, if op can post colloseum one, confirmed life is simulation

im not a native. im mean if you just follow the idea of bisecting the line you cannot see the mistake.
obviously Achilles can walk a longer distance than the resulting limit shown by picture.

care to prove it in a different way than saying it's obvious?

They said it was a stroke
But I know they said is sed it they is

Achilles must cover half the distance between himself and the tortoise in order to catch up to it before he can pass it. Then he must cover half that distance and then half that distance and then half that distance. Ever actually passing the tortoise would only be possible in a simulation.

in bed after playing SimCity for 36 hours... back when SimCity was new.

is there a limit for the line? >no

where is turtle when achilles is at 2?

the end.

>evidence

When I died and re spawned

Zeno's paradoxes are bullshit.

Philosophers are glorified neets that claim possible shit to be impossible because they can think up word games to rationalize their shit.

See also: politicians and e-celebs.

How is this a paradox? Fucking stupid. The guy just runs ahead of the turtle.

This meme """science""" is fucking stupid. And by the way, the whole 'we are living in a sim' is a new age religion.

We dont live in simulation. We arent is som kind software. So stfu and stop wirh this bs. Some ppl actually start to belive. Guess what evolution seems fall apar so thous cunts who controll us put another agenda and it is simulation. We were created by creator and thats it.

He means it is only logical if you're a pedantic faggot

It is a theoretical paradox. In reality it wouldn't happen like this.

>theoretical paradox
Wow okay I got one what if someone is standing and another is sitting. The person sitting has to stand before the other can sit, but the person stand unless the other sits.

WOW SO DEEP SCIENCE LMAO WE LIVE IN A SIM AM I RITE?

The "paradox" ignores speed/time/endurance.

Why did noone bring up the Planck length yet. If that shit's true your mathematical problem would not be impossible anymore

>Fully immersed in the simulation.

The paradox shows the those things are illusions and only possible in a simulation of some kind.

No, it is pure logic. It isn't supposed to be reality. It is just a simple logic rule, but morons apply it to reality to try to seem smart

I know, these things are always such bullshit, used only to seem clever, but it usually does the opposite.
>a pig has 4 legs
>a table has 4 legs
>therefore a pig = a fucking table
It is pure logic and pure autism

Does Achilles have to reach half the distance between himself and the tortoise in order to pass it?

The paradox fails at the point where you go from "each step he doesn't reach the tortoise" to "so he never reaches the tortoise."

The reason it fails is that this relies on our intuition to make the assumption "an infinite number of steps must take an infinite amount of time" when that intuition is incorrect.

There are many examples where an infinite number of things adds to a finite value. In this case, the infinite adding of 1, 1/2, 1/4...and so on adds to 2.

This thought exercise only works if Achilles waits for the tortoise to arrive at the next location. It's retarded. In reality Achilles simply follows the tortoise's path and eventually reaches it due to speed.

Who would want to simulate this boring shit honestly fuck off and die

I'm on a website unless I'm mistaken.

B-b-b-but the maths says we must be in a sim!

>adds to 2
No it tends towards 2, it's a limit.
Infinite series have no sum, and are never equal to anything.