Why do/don't you believe in God?

Why do/don't you believe in God?

I believe in God because something cannot come from nothing and true randomness does not exist, meaning absolutely everything has a destiny.

Also because I want to see Chinese people go to hell.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17931800/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kp1bZEUgqVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

O God, you prepared your disciples for the coming of the
Spirit through the teaching of your Son Jesus Christ: Make
the hearts and minds of your servants ready to receive the
blessing of the Holy Spirit, that they may be filled with the
strength of his presence; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

This is a thread about God, not any specific religion.

>something cannot come from nothing
What if something has always existed

>true randomness does not exist
Matter having will does not imply a creator. It could just be the way it is.

But God came from nothing. Also he's an asshole If he thinks it's okay to send people to hell if they have zero way of learning about Jesus in the first place.

>What if something has always existed

Yeah, you mean like God?

>Matter having will does not imply a creator. It could just be the way it is.

I'm not talking about matter having a will. I'm saying everything that happens in the universe is a reaction to something else. Reactions can be predicted, meaning there's no such thing as randomness obviously. Which virtually all scientists agree. It does 100% imply a creator. How could it not? If the universe had a beginning but something cannot come from nothing, then it came from God. What God is, is still up for debate. But I think it's completely reasonable to believe in him.

If we all are just living for the sake of living, and evolving for the sake of our children's children to be better adapted then what's the point at all? Life having no meaning, means life should not exist at all.

>"I believe in God because something cannot come from nothing "
Oh the irony...

Like I said I'm not talking about any specific religion. Wouldn't you send people to hell if they murdered and hurt people? You don't need to hear about Jesus to have a sense of morality.

No evidence

As soon as I realized I was entirely gay I stopped believing in god

>he doesn't know about the guardian spirits.
I believe in god because i can see spirits. I've had a shaman open my third eye so i can do some cool things.

>No evidence

Now that would defeat the entire purpose wouldn't it? If you're not able to arrive at a consensus on you're on you are doomed. If you had evidence God existed then you would just be good and get into heaven. That's wouldn't be free will.

If God can come from nothing then why can't the universe?

He didn't come from nothing, he has always existed. (That is my belief)

he said, revealing his deep ignorance of physics

I just feel he exists. Sometimes i have so unbeliveable luck, that it seems almost impossible. What would it be if not God?

If you just call "God" whatever fills the gaps of our knowledge, then sure, he exists. But that is a dumb assumption, to turn it into a subject. That shit is 100% impersonal, it will destroy planets and generate life, and it will not care.

I don't ignore physics. Why, do you believe/think you know true randomness does exist. It doesn't. It's fact. Everything that happens is a reaction. If you can account for everything in the universe then you can predict it.

Gotta love religion people, there are over 4000 religions and they think each other's religion is bullshit

Conciousness is produced by the brain and when our brains die, we cease to be.

Religion is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark

We're not talking about religion. How can you debate something people die over every day if you cannot even read an opening post? Everything is open to interpretation, if you can't accept something without somebody explaining it to you, you should end your life

do you even double pendulum

Edgy.

Because Churches are modern leper colonies, filled with the diseased ones, spreading cancer just to increase suffering, pain, and death in the name of Morality! The countless men, women, children, and babies maimed and murdered by their weapon of decency are our solemn offering to appease their poisonous bloodlust and allow a few of us to live!

I don't believe in anything I would call a god, because I see no good reason to.

Retarded

Actual LOL :D
Tyty

Once you wrap your head around the idea that primitive man got scared of the dark and invented the entire idea of God, as well as the specifics of whatever religion you can name (and how recently all of that happened - in the grand scheme of things), there's no way you can believe in any of them.

Earth and the universe existed for a long time without men and their petty gods, and will likely outlive us all by millennia.

God is for small minded people who can't see the big picture.

Then were did God come from?
How did he come to exist?

If that was an option the premise is a non-starter

He didn't come to exist, how is that so hard to grasp? It is my BELIEF that he has always existed. He is not bound by space or time, so why would he need to have a beginning?

Because the believe that everything came from some sky man who knows, loves and can do anything is even more retarded.

destiny =/= "god"

there is no "god"

I can't take you seriously when you completely shit on religious people. The universe existing way before man doesn't mean God is a lie. That's just nonsense.

You are explicitly choosing NOT to believe in God. Which means you have faith. You don't say: I don't know and it doesn't matter too me. You say that you don't believe in him, in other words you believe that he does not exist.

God is just a placeholder for the unknown.

As our knowledge of the universe increases, the need for God as an explanation has decreased

Degenerate immoral scientists constantly attack Christian morality in the name of curing disease!
Perverse atheist science needs to be removed from all classroom curriculums immediately!

Uh, nobody here is arguing that destiny and God are the same thing. Have you been diagnosed with autism? Using shit like =/=.

Sorry to strawman you but, a banana not beign the same thing as an apple does not mean apples do not exist...

My religion is science.

I'm actually an atheist but learn to respect christians since Hollywood zionist media mock Christ and Christianity all the time.
The enemies of my enemy are my friends.

you must be a Rick and Morty fan too

Jews and Muslims believe in an evil false god that
will force them to reincarnate over and over again, until they grow spiritually strong enough to absorbate them. Jesus and Lucifer are two prophets from the real, unknowable god. Jesus wants to save us, not from "hell", but from that false god that sends us to earth over and over again to make us suffer. Being "saved" is not a reward for believing in him, it's required because upon your death, you go where your mind is wired to go.

Remember this. There is no point in trying to justify all the shit that's going on on earth. It's not some test of faith of any kind. The physical world is an error, the result of an imperfect, stupidand arrogant pretender.

I don't choose to believe in God so that I have an explanation for the universe. Atheists care way more about having an explanation, even though it makes no sense. If anybody believes there is no afterlife it is only logical for them to do whatever they want whenever they feel like it, if they can get away with it.

I have better shit to worry about.

So the only thing keeping you from being a bad person is the fear of punishment and the bribery of a reward in the afterlife.

I hate to tell you this but you are a deeply immoral person and you have your religion to thank for twisting your concept of morality so hideously.

Exactly, if you're not born with morals, you're a potential psychopath.

An afterlife isn't actually possible

I'd rather pray that the doctor is experienced rather than pray god has planned differently

Atheist scientists have no morals.
All they care about is human lives.

I have heard this shit way too much. No. I've not always been a theist. But you cannot deny it would be logical for any atheist to do anything possible to get what they want. I know they are mostly not evil like that, but that's because most humans are civilized and believe in God.

Calling me immoral, lol. I am more moral than any person I know. I would give my life for my dog.

God is no more real than Leprechauns or big foot or any other man-made, make-believe entity.

No reason to believe in something for which no empirical evidence exists

You obviously don't understand the definition of belief then. Clearly I know there is no "empirical evidence". But some might say the universe itself is evidence, considering every mathematical theory so far is complete bullshit.

Exactly this.
99% of psychopaths are either atheist or believe they are god themselves.

>Yeah, you mean like God?
Nope, just matter

>If the universe had a beginning but something cannot come from nothing
Two unfounded assumptions

Believing on Faith requires zero evidence.

Ever child molester to ever abuse a child was atheist.

It's not unfound. Where in nature have you seen something come into existence from nothing?

You realize how childish you sound?

Coincidence and confirmation bias

Why do I believe in God?
Aids and Drones. God wouldn't have given us these wonderful gifts if he didn't want us killing Niggers and Sand Niggers with them.

Uh, yeah. I know that. That's why we call it believing and not knowing. Atheists always seem to think the definition of belief is the same as know.

I don't write that last part, from a different person. But obviously most psychopaths are atheist, or believe they are god. It's not uncommon. End of the day every moral person that I trust believes in God, I know small amount of atheists but most of them just watch tv all day and make sick jokes like raping people.

Isn't browsing Sup Forums considered a mortal sin to your religion?

At the beginning of this thread I clearly said I'm not talking about any specific religion. Only the concept of God. Somebody is allowed to believe in God without being associated to any religion

Provide the verse instructing those who fear and love God to molest children.
Protip: you can't.

>you cannot deny it would be logical for any atheist to do anything possible to get what they want
You could say the same about religious people. When you genuinely believe god is on your side, people are capable of terrible things. See the Inquisition, Slavery, 9/11, etc.
There are good and bad religious people, just as there are good and bad atheists.

The assumption is that nothing was the starting point, as opposed to something. Perhaps time and space are more like a circle than line. No beginning and no end.

From whence came God?

What about all those catholic priests?

The closet pedophile atheists only pretending to love and fear God to hide their telltale lack of adult female lover?

What makes someone a real believer on your parameters?

Scientists today brazenly tell us that immoral inbreeding with parents, siblings, or offspring lowers the risk of your baby having cancer by 25%!
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17931800/

>I believe in God because something cannot come from nothing
What did God come from?

Vile atheist scientists openly teach our kids that outlawing sex with anybody over 13 and encouraging preteens to get sexually active is the cure for cancer!!!
Science=Immorality!
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kp1bZEUgqVI

Because if god exists, who created god? or what created god?
It's an anomaly, which is far more complex than the big bang. It makes no sense, just like unicorns, dwarves, fairies, santa claus, etc...

What if when we get to heaven god has spider legs and octopus arms and a face with ten mouths and says
"This is my true form. Others claimed I was many other forms and killed and sinned in my name they are in hell now"

That would be cool. Sonething out of cosmic horror

Lovecraft here: Nice.

What kind of sick deity creates us just to see us blow each other up because of certain disagreements and different opinions?

Well obviously to God a little bloodshed is really not that big of a deal in the ultimate scheme of things.
Don't be such a pussy.

But doesn't God love all his children?

"God loves his children
That's why he kills them" - Radiohead.

I believe in unicorns.
I believe in unicorns because something cannot come from nothing and true randomness does not exist, meaning absolutely everything has a destiny.

You're too closed minded. If the after life is unlimited death and suffering are a mere blink of the eye.
Grow up.

This proves that God was an unicorn.

Go to sleep Yorke you cross-eyed fuckass

Unicorns existing is very very very possible. Very.
Rhinos exist.

Love it when "religious" people show their real demonic, sadistic faces.
Thanks for proving my point.

Creep is good except for the she's running away part

how do you know this, faggot?

>Why don't you believe in God?
Because he's not real

> something cannot come from nothing and true randomness does not exist

prove it, bitch. This is just a tautological argument, it's like arguing about brawndo, having what plants crave. This isnt actual logic, just an imitation of it.

Interesting point, but what if Chinese people are right and YOU go to hell, despite what you believe in?
Also the whole 'something from nothing' theory is just that; a theory. The thing is we don't knpw and we're trying to work it out.
Believe in your God if it makes you happy and it doesn't hurt anyone else. Except for the Chinese, obviously.
Me? I think the idea of an omnipotent being that created everything and is watching everything is just too far fetched.

I would have baited your bullshit post, until you mentioned Chinese people.. you lost all credit after that..

I think I've already realized that when I was 16. Not trying to be edgy but you sound like some pretentious cunt.

North Korea has a Unicorn Lair with skeletons

i believe in higher intelligences because i saw stuff flying in the sky without common propulsion systems and nothing winged to sustain itself

tl:dr :
> saw ayys
> got scared
> realised theres pretty much nothing to do about it
> ???
> profit!

I believe in God.
I just really dislike him.

You people must be incredibly sadistic and psychopathic by wishing someone eternal damnation.
I'll gladly torture a pedophile for a couple hours, but no one deserves to live an eternity of pain, not even the worst person on earth.

The most advanced christians concede that we in fact do not know the hows or whys of existence.
Religion can be a valid method of coping with the stress of realizing ones own vitality. The sooner everyone agrees on this basic obvious pure of heart concept the better

There are literally no good arguments against any of the ontological arguments.

go to hell