Essential Sup Forums for atheists?

essential Sup Forums for atheists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vln9D81eO60
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religious
youtube.com/watch?v=89hIRek8o7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You won't need a tv in the gas chamber

In order to be an athiest you need to put just as much faith into believing there is no god as religious person does to believe one exists.

youtu.be/vln9D81eO60

Stargate SG-1

Except the burden of proof isn't on my side. It's on yours to explain that a thing exists, which you can't without looking like an asshole. So there lies your problem.

>it takes just as much faith to not believe in something
yeah, me not giving a fuck about religion and just living my life takes so much faith, it's insane

I just realized I didn't hear the word "atheist" for a few years atleast, not in the media or real life.

Also watch The Calvary

Curb your Enthusiasm

Whatever that cuck show that spews psuedo science nonsense that has that black dude in it. I think it's from webm related.

Enjoy your echo chamber.

Fucking people always need to "belong" to a group.

>Do you belive in any god?
>No.
>So you are an ateist.
>No, I just don't like religion and don't belive in gods.
>So you are an atheist.

Why does the "I don't belive in god" must equal ateism?

>it's an anyone who is an atheist must be an anti-religious jerk who thinks he's better than everyone else episode
enjoy your echo chamber

Because theism and atheism are (by most definitions) mutually exclusive. It's just semantics though, if you don't want to consider yourself an atheist then don't. Others will still label you thus though, so get used to it or find religion

I know, right? I tell everyone I don't identify with a gender but they always ask me what I have. Why does it matter?

>Whatever that cuck show that spews psuedo science nonsense
I know this is obviously bait, but please explain to me what is "psuedo science" in the Cosmos show?

This ought to be good.

>theism and atheism are (by most definitions) mutually exclusive
Please unpack what you mean by this.

theists = people who believe in the existence of god and/or gods

atheists = everyone else

Holy shit cringe

Well yeah, I thought you were misusing the term "mutually exclusive". lol

Anything that isn't in line with Nikola Tesla's world models is psuedo science desu.

When did you grow out of your atheism phase Sup Forums?
I grew out of it mid way through my engineering degree

>OH IT'S AN ATHEIST POSTER!
>CRINGE

I think in Gervais's case

When he was in the UK, he thought nothing of being an atheist since most people are

When he got big in the US, he discovered how religious Americans are and was shocked I guess

Sure you did.

Tesla is a meme scientist that only normies who have no degree in STEM like

It was a slow process for me. I went full edgy atheist around 15/16 and then I slowly realized Nihilism was a scam and a lie to demoralize humanity (18) and then around 21 is when I went full non religious creationist is what I suppose is the correct term.

I'd be shocked at how retarded a first world leading nation was too if I got here and found everyone fat and mentally challenged.

As soon as I saw deus vult threads on Sup Forums and wanted to join in the role playing

Sure dude sure.

>I slowly realized Nihilism was a scam
Nobody says that you need to be a Nihilist to be an Atheist though. Why confound them together? That doesn't seem fair.

You have to put yourself in Gervais's shoes

He goes to the US, place where politicians are criticised for not being religious and abortion is a big issue

Of course he's going to take the piss

>full non religious creationist
What in the literal fuck is that?

Atheism isn't something you grow out of unless you're one of those edgy teenagers who only became an atheist to rebel against his Christian parents

Also "born again Christians" are without a doubt the most obnoxious people on the planet who never shut the fuck up about Jesus

>Look at this image macro that mischaracterizes Atheism
>DUDE THERE WAS NOTHING FROM NOTHING
>AYYYYYYLMAOOOO

>Are you way above average height?
>Yes
>So you're tall
>No, I'm just way above average height
>So you are tall

I'm not saying you have to he a Nihilist to be an Atheist but Atheism in its purest form is Nihilism. Objective Moralist Atheists like Stefan Molyneux are a rare breed and people like him still live in an echo chamber of sorts aswell.
It means I believe this world was created entirely by a superior being that most likely is what most people think "God" is I just ascribe to a specific religion. I do prefer Christianity tho does seem to have a lot of weird coincidences.

>Do you play soccer?
>Yes.
>So you are a soccer player.
>No, I don't want to be a soccer player. People make fun of soccer players on the internet.

>Atheism in its purest form is Nihilism
things retards actually believe

I just don't ascribe*

>one top scientist is religious as opposed to tens who aren't
wew la

>but Atheism in its purest form is Nihilism
It literally isn't, it in no way expliticly subscribes to any personal meaning or perspective of the world besides that there is no proof God or the paranormal exist.
>Objective Moralist Atheists like Stefan Molyneux are a rare breed and people like him still live in an echo chamber of sorts aswell.
Nice dismissal there, friendo.
>It means I believe this world was created entirely by a superior being
Which means you ARE NOT "non-religious"...

Read Wittgenstein you fedora plebs.

Prove it's not.
>XD NON RELIGIOUS THEISTS DON'T EXIST GUYS

maybe he's one of those "I'm spiritual but not religious" types that you find on tumblr

>NON RELIGIOUS THEISTS
Considering this is a retarded oxymoron, no...they do not exist.

I'm glad that your experiences with atheism somehow equal everyone else's experience with atheism

>So you are tall
For you

Your meme about atheism is a ridiculous misinterpretation.

just because we don't know how or why something happened doesn't mean god is responsible for it.

Isn't he the kid next to Hitler in their old 1890s school photo?

>These gradeschool-tier arguments on image macros that atheists have heard thousands of times.
It gets exhausting famalam.

Don't make me start pulling out dictionary defintions my dude.
You don't even know if it happened.

>atheists have killed people, therefore God exists
Do you mind elaborating here, or are you just going to post another Facebook meme?

>Don't make me start pulling out dictionary defintions my dude.
No, let's. Show me the definition for "non religious theist", and please explain to the class why this isn't wholly retarded and an otherwise pointless semantic.

in the UK literally no one gives a shit, in the US everything is like this big controversial thing everyone fights over and it's not just religion either.

it sounds exhausting being american where everything is some big issue.

>You don't even know if it happened.
Ask me how I know you are taking Intro to Philosophy.

I have trouble taking christians seriously on this site

>Prove it's not
>makes ridiculous claim and wants someone else to prove him wrong
how typical

Not believing in a supreme being doesn't mean I don't place value or meaning in life. Meaning is a human conception, it doesn't exist independently. If I want life to have meaning then it does, the value I place on my existence doesn't just vanish because I no longer believe in some magical deity that made the universe

If anything, it makes life even more meaningful

Yeah. Also a genius agnostic.

You should never really take their beliefs seriously in general. Just ignore them unless they try to take someone's rights away.

>Things I haven't said at 11
>re-li-gious adjective relating to or believing in a religion
You can believe in the concept of a God without a Religion what's hard to get here?
I really am not.
Your own views don't make Atheism not nihilistic.

>projecting your atheism on a billion others

>You can believe in the concept of a God without a Religion

Definition of "religious":
>relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity

>Your own views don't make Atheism not nihilistic.
You realize why this is retarded, right? You can make an endless list of what his views make Atheism NOT that...

Nihilism is the natural evolution of atheism. The ones that aren't nihilist aren't atheists either. Dig deep enough and soon you'll find a religion or faith they carry of their own.

>Nihilism is the natural evolution of atheism. The ones that aren't nihilist aren't atheists either
Ask me how I know you are a teenager..

'No'

Woah dude nice you found 1 defintion in one dictionary that is different from all the others grats. Still a non religious creationist tho and the term non religious theist will never go away since in order to be religious you have to believe in a religion.

Ask me how I know you haven't read basic atheist philosophy.

I can't tell if you are baiting me or retarded, but I'll bite.
>Woah dude nice you found 1 defintion in one dictionary
It's just ONE definition in the Merriam Webster dictionary...
>Still a non religious creationist tho
This is still not a real thing.
>since in order to be religious you have to believe in a religion.
Again, you literally don't need a religion to be religious, you don't understand the English language you dumb faggot.

>atheist philosophy

Okok, the thread has been derailed enough by religious retards, who actually believe that they believe in god for a reason, not simply because they were introduced to the idea. Hey faggots you will all burn, for not devoting your life to ZEUS!

If user wants a true atheist movie:
youtube.com/watch?v=89hIRek8o7c

this

>Thinks Nihilism is completely married to Atheism or is some "next phase" in his transformation like a DBZ character
>chastises me saying "you haven't read basic atheist philosophy"

WEW, LAD. I'm probably at least six years older than you with two more degrees than you have...

why is he so based bros?

That movie is a fucking gem.

Name some authors

Hey Atheists, If God Exists, How Come There's Evidence Of his Existence?

He'll just do a quick Google search and (screencap this) Nietzsche will come up on that list...watch.

Retard

So like Harry Potter?

Because there isn't any and you may be stupid?

>hating on NDT
>the man who has produced, taught and contributed to science and mankind more than you'll ever achieve 2 or 3 lifetimes

they aren't that ridiculous, religion is a perfectly understandable evolutionary development. Humans are the only animal that is certain of their own inevitable death, religious belief is the coping mechanism.

THIS

I saw him live, it was great.

>religion is a perfectly understandable evolutionary development
I wonder if you realize that most evolutionary biologists disagree with your sentiment nearly completely?

legend

You don't need to subscribe to a religion to be religious if you follow a specific defintion I suppose but if follow the standard defintion of what most people and most dictionaries define as religious.

Aka Google's dictionary first result, the first two simple defintions in Merriam, the second full defintion in Merriam, most defintions in dictionary.com, Oxford dictionary.

Sorry dude but one nitpicked defintion for a specific scenario of what you want a word to mean just won't work. There's a reason some survey sites let you choose between non religious theist, agnostic leaning theist, and religious theist. There's differences always will be and you can't fight that no matter how hard you try because the world doesn't change for you snowflake.

The ones that didn't have the religious drive most likely went insane when attempting to cope with their mortality. Mankind's denial of death is admirable and a key part of our species' continued survival.

>"The earth is pear shaped"
>Every NASA "photo" has it as a perfect globe
>Mup da doo didda po mo science bitch muhfugga

What did xe meme by this?

"Science"

>There's a reason some survey sites let you choose between non religious theist,
Show me ONE survey

>You don't need to subscribe to a religion to be religious
I think you have trouble following this conversation, I think you forgot what you said:
>It means I believe this world was created entirely by a superior being that most likely is what most people think "God" is I just don't ascribe to a specific religion

^THIS makes you religious you halfwit.

"Full Definition of religious:
: relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity
: of, relating to, or devoted to religious beliefs or observances
a : scrupulously and conscientiously faithful"

You ARE religious, fucko

>no matter how hard you try because the world doesn't change for you snowflake
You are really either projecting or in damage control aren't you?

I'm convinced this is bait now.

wouldn't it fall under the realm of evolutionary psychology? Why the fuck would a biologist be considered an authoritative source on such a matter?

It's not like we have a control group to measure humans against

This killed my brain cells looking at it.

Typical Atheists Dodging Questions With Jokes

How Do You Reconcile Your Non Belief In No God With The Fact That No Evidence Of god Does Not Exist??

>LALALA I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG UR RELIGIOUS
You okay there my dude? Yunno saying the same thing twice doesn't make it true right?

I guess if you are going off of how Dawkins talks about it, there are genetic predispositions to see patterns and make meanings of of random variables and this causes biological trends with how our brain develops during evolution...shit like that.

What are you doing

Do you have trouble reading? I went into detail to explain..stop being obtuse.