I need help Sup Forums

I need help Sup Forums

I can't fucking sleep. No matter how hard I try, I can never sleep on time, and if I do, I always wake up at like 3 am and it ruins my night.

I've tried almost anything. Ocean noises, rain, television, no technology one hour before bed, breathing exercises, jazz, get enough exercise, everything I can find.

I can't take ZZZQuil or Benadryl either b/c that shit hits me like a truck. I'll crash for over 12 hours and still feel like shit the next day, along with being exhausted the next day, which is my problem already :/

I have a regular wake schedule, I have to get up at ~6:00 for school, but I'm too tired to stay awake in class, and my grades are slipping. This has been happening for most of my life but it'll get worse for a couple weeks and come back.

I can't fucking deal with it anymore and I'm tired of dealing with my life falling apart for a month and then working my ass off to get it back on track.

TL;DR: How do you guys fall asleep? Any methods I don't know about?

Well have you ever seen fight club?

take magnesium. it works. kills stress..relaxes muscles. triggers natural sleep patterns in brain. try it.

Nope

smoke weed that will help you go to bed

It seems like you have sleep anxiety

Are you drinking lots of alcohol/caffeine?
Try getting some melatonin. I tried all the sleeping pills and benzos but they didn't work for me. You can get melatonin at any store, in gummy form and everything.
Try reading as well, if you have a book you enjoy.

There you go, cure his insomnia by turning him into a dope smoker. Brilliant.

Have your smartphone with you in bed, and watch/listen to GentleWhispering's "ASMR" videos. Works wonders.

No way to get weed. I'm not of age yet, and I don't know any weed dealers

Like tablets or...?

And what would I do for that?

Nope. Also, I read a shit ton. At least 3 hours a day, usually much more. I'll try the melatonin

Don't have decent enough earbuds for ASMR to work, and it creeps me out usually

Try to stop obsessing over sleep

>Don't have decent enough earbuds for ASMR to work, and it creeps me out usually
I never use earbuds. Earbuds are only required if you're going for the full stereo/binaural effect. Just start a video and place the phone on the edge of your pillow.

I don't usually, it's just when night rolls around, I'm so tired and I can't fucking sleep it frustrates me. I'm a bit of a control freak

I have to do that. I have a pair of decent headphones, but they're too bulky to sleep with

ACTUALLY MOTHER FUCKER if you work out and you are fatigued by the work out when you try to go to sleep it will be 1000 times easier

Worst comes to worse, go to the doctors and they'll recommend seeing a neurologist. They'll take a brain scan and, if they deem it necessary, prescribe some valium or some other crazy shit. I wouldn't recommend it though cause that shit will do some serious damage if you're on it too long.

so yah just work out or ride a bike or something and it will be easier to fall asleep

Run a couple of miles at like 5 pm

I work out. I'm well beyond physically tired

Ok, thanks

Have sex. Thank me later

if it's a matter of insomnia, try taking melatonin/magnesium
if it's just you lying awake at night staring at the ceiling, try relaxing and reading a book in dim light, put on some soft whitenoise/rain sounds/whatever, and chill out
after about 30 minutes put the book down, turn off the light, leave the sounds going, and relax - don't try to focus on sleeping, just lay there and focus on the sound of your breathing, or the whitenoise. meditate and relax

I used to have this problem too user. Just thought the thought of going to sleep made me anxious because i perceived it as another sleepless night full of frustration because i couldnt force my self to sleep.

the trick is to not force yourself to sleep. It could be that your brain is still in thinking mode and not relaxing mode. You may be overthinking and stressed out about something and have some kind of PTSD. for me it was the fact that i was depressed and couldnt force negative thoughts out of my head.

i say you take some pills before bed to naturally relax yourself such as melatonin and L-theanine. These are natural mind relaxers and help you rest your mind. Then start setting up a sleeping schedule so you get the habit of sleeping at that time each day. The earlier you sleep the better your brain will get at getting used to it.

You can do it, it takes patience but you can eventually learn to close your eyes and slowly ease your mind

>technoLOGy
⢀⢤⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣤⢀⡀⣀⣴⣮⣵⣿⣿⣿⡇
⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⣟⢶⡬⢿⣿⡋⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇
⣻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣌⡓⠉⣿⣿⣯
⡴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣭⣿⣿⣿⣿⠋⢿⣿⣿⣿⣧⣾⡋
⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⣿⣿⣿⣧⢀⢀⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⡋⠦
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⡻⠯⠁⢀⣀⠙⠹⡧⢀⢀⢿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠤⠆
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠛⠁⢀⣔⣥⣶⣶⣿⡿⢀⢀⠠⡂⢀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠁⢀⢀⢀⢠⡿⠉⣋⣼⡿⠁⢀⢀⢀⡸⣆⢢⢽⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢹⣿⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠓⠋⠉⠁⢀⢀⢀⡠⠾⠓⠛⣿⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣾⣿⣿⣻⡇⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠠⠔⢀⢀⢀⢸⣿⣿⣽⣿⣿⡿⡇
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⡎⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⢁⣀⠤⠂⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⢿⣿⡇
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣀⢀⢀⠛⢅⡀⢀⢀⣠⠊⢀⢀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⠿⡫⣼⣿⡇
⢻⡿⠛⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⡀⠉⠉⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⣼⣿⣿⡿⢿⣶⣄⡙⢿⡇
⢞⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣤⣤⣤⣶⣿⣿⣿⣯⣥⠘⣿⣿⣿⣾⡇
⡨⢞⢿⣿⣿⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢿⣿⡿⢇⣹⣿⣿⣿⡇

Trump BTFO!!!!

>Ocean noises, rain, television, no techno(log)y

⢀⢤⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣤⢀⡀⣀⣴⣮⣵⣿⣿⣿⡇
⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⣟⢶⡬⢿⣿⡋⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇
⣻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣌⡓⠉⣿⣿⣯
⡴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣭⣿⣿⣿⣿⠋⢿⣿⣿⣿⣧⣾⡋
⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⣿⣿⣿⣧⢀⢀⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⡋⠦
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⡻⠯⠁⢀⣀⠙⠹⡧⢀⢀⢿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠤⠆
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠛⠁⢀⣔⣥⣶⣶⣿⡿⢀⢀⠠⡂⢀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠁⢀⢀⢀⢠⡿⠉⣋⣼⡿⠁⢀⢀⢀⡸⣆⢢⢽⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢹⣿⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠓⠋⠉⠁⢀⢀⢀⡠⠾⠓⠛⣿⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣾⣿⣿⣻⡇⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠠⠔⢀⢀⢀⢸⣿⣿⣽⣿⣿⡿⡇
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⡎⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⢁⣀⠤⠂⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⢿⣿⡇
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣀⢀⢀⠛⢅⡀⢀⢀⣠⠊⢀⢀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⠿⡫⣼⣿⡇
⢻⡿⠛⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⡀⠉⠉⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⣼⣿⣿⡿⢿⣶⣄⡙⢿⡇
⢞⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣤⣤⣤⣶⣿⣿⣿⣯⣥⠘⣿⣿⣿⣾⡇
⡨⢞⢿⣿⣿⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢿⣿⡿⢇⣹⣿⣿⣿⡇

Music is my key, only one group works for me which happens to be Coldplay... Sometimes others work but it's rare. I listen to a certain list of songs while reading on Sup Forums, then when I feel it I switch to my sleep playlist I've been listening to since 2011. Works like a charm.

I browse Sup Forums because reading meaningless words doesn't make your mind work.

Wind down. Learn to empty your mind ( meditation) being tired. No drugs. Etc i can stay up all night if i smoke weed. Do productive shit all day. Dont relax until your redtired. How to fall asleep isnt about what you do whilst gtrying to sleep. Its about what you do during your waking hours

Try DayQuil instead.