Got a new fingerbox today, anyone know anything about this model? It was "gently used" on ebay

Got a new fingerbox today, anyone know anything about this model? It was "gently used" on ebay.

That's a pretty basic model. It's just pine plywood. It works OK, though.

Nice find what kind of wood is it?

i think its just an entry level model, seems to be pine. Its pretty comfy though. Most fingerboxes are japanese, but this one is built in germany.

wtf is that?

uhm, it literally says what it is. Its a fingerbox.

lol @ not knowing about these collector boxes

I got one of the special edition fingerboxes that came with the Gamecube, it doesnt work anymore sadly. Anyone know how to fix it?

My grandfather gave me his old one for my 14th birthday. Still have it somewhere. It was oak and varnish. So nice.

Are you retarded? That's a fingerbox! Everybody has one

What do you do with a fingerbox? Looks like just a box with a fucking hole in it. What the hell...

Insert benis

I still have mine, it's like a family relic

Damm that's entry level? Gotta give it to the Germans that'some good quality shit right there

>fingerbox
About

Finger Box or “fingerbox” is a tactile art piece created by Ay-O in the 1960s. The boxes are small hollow cubes with a hole in the side. These boxes are filled with various objects, such as hair, cotton balls, nails. It is then on the art’s observer to put their fingers in the hole of the box. Online, people have used the box as a type of prank, where in which people ask about the box and others pretend to know what it is and to have owned one since childhood. When someone asks what the box is, others in the thread mock the person who asked.

Fag

I find that a gentle sanding of the finger-hole can get things moving nicely. Don't use anything coarser than 120 grit sandpaper though. The aim is to smooth it out, not remove material. I learned that the hard way -.-

Had any tried a stained glass finger box? My neighbor got one from his grandpa it's an amazing antique

got my fingerbox right here
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⣴⠖⠛⠷⣶⣤⣀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⣴⠾⠛⢉⣠⣶⣿⣷⣦⣈⠙⠻⢶⣤⣀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣤⠶⠋⠁⢀⠴⡾⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣄⢉⠙⠻⠶⣤⣀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣤⠖⠛⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⢻⢗⠶⠂⠤⣽⢶⣶⣤
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣤⡶⠛⠋⢀⡀⣴⠂⣠⣤⣶⣶⣶⣶⣤⣄⠈⠙⠛⠛⠛⠛⠉⢀⢀⠈⢀⢠⣔⣮⣿⣿⣿⣿
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣤⡴⠛⠋⢁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠐⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⢀⢀⢀⠠⠐⢀⢀⣠⣴⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⡟
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⣴⠞⠋⢁⣠⠢⠁⢁⣠⣤⣤⣤⣤⣀⠁⡊⠛⠻⠿⠿⠛⠋⠁⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡔⣄⣾⣿⣿⣿⠿⠻⢛⣽⢷⣿⠇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⡴⠞⠂⠁⣀⢀⠚⠁⢀⠄⢼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠠⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣄⣒⣵⣾⣿⣿⣿⢿⠛⠁⣠⣾⣿⡿⢸⣿
⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⣴⡾⠛⠁⢀⣴⠶⡻⣁⣠⣀⣀⣀⡀⠊⠻⠿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⠏⢈⢀⢀⠂⠁⣀⣄⣾⣿⣿⠿⠻⠫⠛⠉⢀⢀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⡟⢻⡏
⢀⣠⣶⣟⢝⠒⠩⣶⡟⠋⢉⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⢀⢀⢀⣀⣀⠤⢀⢀⢀⢀⡠⣶⣾⡿⠟⠋⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠠⢳⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⣸⠇
⠸⠻⣿⣿⣿⢜⡄⡁⠜⠇⢺⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⢀⢀⡤⠈⠁⢀⣀⣤⣶⣭⠿⠋⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⣴⡿⠿⠛⠉⠉⡟⢀⣿⠁
⢀⢀⠈⠙⢷⣯⢟⣯⡢⢀⠁⠹⠿⣻⣭⠭⢉⢯⣺⠕⢀⢀⢀⣠⣔⣿⡿⠞⠋⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⠖⠋⠉⠂⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⡀⢀⡯
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠙⠟⣿⣿⣦⣀⢀⠠⣻⣷⣿⠶⡋⠉⣀⣤⣶⡿⠟⠋⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡠⠖⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⡇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠙⢿⣿⣿⣷⣵⡁⢑⢆⣦⣴⣾⡿⠛⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡤⠐⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠰⢀⣼
⢀⢀⠄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠻⢿⣿⣿⣾⡿⠟⠋⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⠤⠂⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣤⡎⢀⣿
⢀⢀⢀⢀⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠻⢛⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⠔⠊⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣤⣶⣿⣿⡿⠇⣸⡇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡏⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⠔⠋⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢠⣴⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⠁⣠⣶⠟⠁
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣢⡇⢀⢀⢀⢀⡠⠖⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢩⠤⠚⠋⠁⢀⣤⠾⠛⠁
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠄⢀⢀⡿⠯⠁⢀⠄⠚⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡀⢀⢀⠤⠄⠋⠁⢀⢀⠠⠪⠋⠁⢀⢀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡟⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠂⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢐⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠐
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡎
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡀⣢⢀⢀⠴⠋⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣤⠐
⠠⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣾⡟⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣴⡾⠋⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠠
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⢋⣼⢀⢀⣠⠄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣤⡾⠙⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠂⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠐
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⣿⡏⢀⢐⡩⠐⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⡾⠟⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠄⠄
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⣿⡅⢀⢀⢀⠐⠊⠁⢀⣠⣶⠟⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠠
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⣾⠇⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⣶⡿⠛⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠂⢀⢀⠠⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠁⢀⢀⢀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⡾⢃⢀⣠⣴⡾⠟⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠄
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣸⣠⢂⡶⠋⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠁⢀⢀⢀⡀⢀⠁⢀⢀⢀⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠐
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠂⢀⡿⠛⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠊⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠂⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠄
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠄⢀⢀⢀⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠁⡀

That's a pretty common model fingerbox but decent for a beginner. I have a Brazilian rosewood fingerbox that was crafted circa 1900's.

had same 2 years ago, pretty decent and very cheap BTW

you're welcome

are you retarded?

it looks alright,but once you get to using it,you're gonna want to upgrade.

I recommend the laquered japanese fingerboxes, a bit tight but so well made.

>2018
>not having a fingerbox
kill yourself fucking sheep

Delete this

Nice find on Google images you faggot. Buy a real one tool.

Fag

Kys

tolerance = Sup Forums :v

Have a nice day

I heard that a lot of people are trying to 3D print fingerboxes these days. Apparently they’re really lightweight and portable. My younger cousin has one that he got from a friend at school, and he says it’s way better than the one I use. (1907 carved solid block mahogany, no lining, untreated) Do you think 3D printed fingerboxes are the future? I think they pose a serious threat to the artisan fingerbox industry.

Just a fad....much like the digital ones they tried to make hip back in the late 80s early 90s...wood>synthetic materials

Nigga what

those are just decorative, but not really useful.

I always debate on buying one.

Looks like a Chinese knock off to me op. How much did you pay for it?

but hurt

I remember the good old days when my nana let me use her fingerbox, good times

If you want to go hard core you should get something like mahogany fingerbox with at least 4 or 5 holes but box with one hole Is good for starters

>ay-o

here's your (you), you fucking sage. lucky for you the rest of Sup Forums is dumb enough to fall for your bullshit

MODS

im lucky my parents gave me a fingerbox when was young, my fingerbox basically summed up my childhood. Too bad i lost it, but im looking for a new one next paycheck, hopefully japanese

This.

I've tried out a couple of the 3d printed ones and they just have no soul. It's like comparing CDs to vinyl. There IS no comparison.

AYO
*snaps fingers*
SO YOU BE SAYIN
*steals fingerbox*
DAT U GOT
*snaps fingers inside fingerbox*
DAT FINGER BOX
*shoots fingerbox*
ON EBAY?
*smokes fingerbox*
FO ONLY
*joins fingerbox gang*
GENTLY USED?
*starts gang war around finger boxes*

twat

>built in germany.
Jesus, you don't know your boxes. It's an AY-O, which means it's definitely Japanese. Look at the fucking stamp. It's a later model, 1996, from the subsidiary company of the original Finger Box manufacturer. It's based on one of the original models, but it's made of cheaper materials and certainly not hand-made.

I have 5 finger boxes and must admit, it’s comfy as hell. Each one is from a different type of wood. The harder offers better support, but the softer ones have a nice soft texture. The thing about fingerboxes is that you need at least 5. When you decide to buy 5, another hard choice is whether or not you buy 5 identical ones, 5 made by different makers but of the same wood, 5 made by different makers and the same wood, or 5 by different makers and different wood. I think it really depends on the person’s personality.

Woah, slow down cowboy. Dude just got a one finger and you're already talking about a 4 or 5 holer?

No shit a one holer is good for starters. I've been finger boxing for the better part of six years and I'm just now getting comfortable with my 3 holer so I highly fucking doubt your 4 or 5 holer is anything more than a show piece that your rich daddy bought you.

Have fun admiring your fancy boxes while the rest of us actually USE ours. Fucking poser.

>fingerbox
Dude its basically an Updog joke those fingerbox shit doesn't exist.

You're the reason why we can't have nice things.

DELETE

i must admit at first i was spectacle about buying a finger box however after my grandfather passed away and gave me his finger box made of mahogany from 13th century France i found it to be quite enticing after playing with it for a while i realized that this one box would no longer satisfy my needs currently i have 30 finger boxes varying from the 1909 Swedish glass lined with a wood varnish to the newer models like the 2000's electronic fingerbox in which the work is done mechanically it is quite fascinating the way the fingerbox has evolved over the years

tl:dr buy a finger box it's alot of fun