Is it bad that I'm un-ironically liking this new MGMT song?

Is it bad that I'm un-ironically liking this new MGMT song?

youtube.com/watch?v=rtL5oMyBHPs

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/music/Neon Indian/ similar
macchar-company.myshopify.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's Jame's opinion on this?!!?!

It's painfully average.
Boarderline boring as fuck.
But that's just my personal opinion.

I don't think they used a selly ester watts field on this one

Sooooooo much reverb

I'm cautiously optimistic
Their last album was self-indulgent noise without structure but their first two albums suggest they do have the potential for greatness in them

No? MGMT is better than 75% of the music posted here.

Hopefully they get a song to breakthrough to the radio and end this three year drought of good radio hits, but probably not if they don’t include the word “Body” and “Work”

I'm gonna miss the wall of sound approach they took with the s/t. This sounds almost boring in comparison, though still good. Almost disappointed that it isn't coming out this year.

*also*

Nah, MGMT is good. S/T is a lot better than people said back when it was released.

What, why release a single so in advance if the actual album will be out only next year?

I like it too

What's with the art?

the cover is fucking ugly though

I asked the question because it seems like their trying to cop the trendy neo-goth aesthetic with that album cover.

Halloween single

I'd say they're going for straight-up original goth, there's a clear The Cure influence on the song

I think it is the case, I hope it is not the definitive cover of the album it would be a shame

It's just the single cover. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the album cover used a similar aesthetic.

>why release a single so in advance if the actual album will be out only next year?
It's not that strange desu. It says it's out early next year, which hopefully means January. That would mean less than three months. Also the song and video is pretty Halloween-esque.

I dig it

Has there ever been a caticher band than MGMT?

I'm glad we seem to have agreed that the 80's were great for music, but that we can do it better with modern tech. I love synths.

I like it. Good sound, solid lyrics, pretty great video. Very refreshing in the current environment, especially as a comeback with how those have been lately.

ayy that made my dick hard

I enjoyed it, I hope it is as good as their first two albums. The third was okay, just needed more structure.

I like it
Much better than s/t

Judging by this and the new songs they've been playing at live shows recently I'm pretty excited for this album.

The artist is Suehiro Maruo.
Cool dude I like his manga.

Hi

I understand the whole Halloween thing but releasing the album in January would be a huge misfire, it's the dumping ground of meh albums.

I'm downloading pic related at the moment, it has a similar synth vein?

hello james

I actually like the cover

Hi

>normies will dislike this because they have a few mainstream songs
makes me mad every time

Is the person on the cover a dude or a chick?

Dude, Maruo is wellknown for drawing androgynous characters.

Yes

Souds a lot better than 95% of their previous album. I'm actually optimistic.

Love

Real real good, forgot how much I love this band

Is only in your mind

And not your heart

I like boipussy :)

Hi

see:

Go away, that meme is stale

so pleb wow

a new MGMT song.. and its actually good?

This is some 2011 bedroom synthpop shit. You can find hundreds of songs just like this rotting away on forgotten Bandcamps.

Uh please pinpoint the post that asked for your brainlet opinion

there's nothing wrong with liking MGMT, they're pretty near peak pop music

man this is garbage. what went wrong?

this is the part where you dont post anything that substantiates your claim. Not even 1

bump

Uhm, I can seem to find said part?

Your ears lmao

last.fm/music/Neon Indian/ similar

Do you really think that? How can you say that album had no structure? It was almost boring with how much structure it had

>Self titled is self-indulgent noise without structure

Who let the plebs in?

so good

bumpo

>if they don’t include the word “Body” and “Work”

"Forever", "tonight", "young" and "fire" work too.

dude

barely any reverb lol wut u mean

What's the girls name, does she have other music?

fuck you guys, i fuck with this song. Not their best, but I enjoy it.

does Sup Forums like mgmt?
Oracular Spectacular and congratulations are both great albums

Yes.

but where's the selly ester-watts field?

It's a nice song t.bh f.am

mgmt confirmed Sup Forumscore

everyones becoming synth based now

Is this a connan mockasin collab?

Anybody else notice Conan in there?

MGMT were always synthbased wtf

are u disabled

Glad to see even more music from these guys. They were one of my favorite groups back in high school when Oracular Spectacular and an EP were their only releases.

Does life have to happen so fast? ;_;

The song's alright, it will probably grow on me. I wasn't huge on Alien Days when that dropped either but I ended up really enjoying it and s/t after a few listens

MGMT is one of the most interesting bands to me. It seems they didn't hate their success, but definitely dislike their mainstream songs and the kids who yell for them to play kids at their shows.

I doubt they'll ever make an accessible song ever again, everything will be divisive and nothing will be widely liked. They're so interesting because they have some incredibly innovative stuff past their hits. This song is just a pleb filter.

I fuckin love Connan, I love him so much I cum every time I see he's associated in something or appears in a video. Just release another album already you blondie weirdo. One of the modern founders of the jizzy jazzy movement, friends.

bretty gud

Agreed. S/T was garbage. Congratulations was the best psyche album of the last 10 years.

You can think what you like

As someone who's a somewhat closeted MGMT fan; this song is boring as fuck to me.

>using a trip
cmon B

finally someone gets it

You got the albums switched up, though Congrats is still a great record.

No I like it too. And by the way check out macchar-company.myshopify.com

meh

I like it. but MGMT was also the first band I got SUPER into as a youth, I was obsessed with time to pretend and oracular spectacular during my formative years. I liked congrats but fell off the band wagon after that. this is making me think I should get back into them.

Pretty catchy, and nice production, but it's a bit too normal for the band IMO. I was waiting for some kind of unique spin on the formula, since that's what they're best at, but it never came. Cool aesthetic though.

i dunno, I'm kinda OK with them making a fairly straight forward synth-pop album. They went too far trying to make weird experimental stuff on S/T and it just ended up being a mess.

Which is better: Siberian Breaks or Metanoia?

I'll never understand people who prefer Metanoia. Siberian Breaks just has more going for it.

sounds like a 3/10 to me

terrible opinion

I like the some elements about the music, but the vocals are shit and overall it's just not good. I still like them, by the way.

I'm a big fan of Congratualtions. I always give MGMT the benefit of the doubt.

They're one of the most genuinely talented pop groups but the problem seems to be a lack of inspiration. Congratulations was a really inspired record. But after that it seemed like they just lost interest in trying to make truly great music and started phoning it in.
They've always felt like such wasted potential.

What does this have to do with the actual song’s composition and lyrics? You’re fucking retarded, bud. Consider not posting or everyone’s sake.

those in the thread who keep shitting on the s/t
PLEASE give the song Mystery Disease a chance, i would agree a few songs on that album are forgettable, but some are good like Alien Days, Your Life is a Lie, and the best one by far is Mystery Disease. It is a great track

Mystery Disease is a great track but the rest is pretty forgettable