Following a soccer team in the second division of a country you don't even live in

>following a soccer team in the second division of a country you don't even live in

WTF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XDSkoJ_RS_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>following a team you never saw playing in person or stalked one of their players during an international trip
Absolutely disgusting

>watching football on tv when you can watch perfect games held within infinite mind.

Pilgrims 4 lyfe

>He doesn't root for obscure teams purely for the meme factor

pls watch portugals league

i-is that milk?

My ass is doing that right now

>not viewing sports as live theater
plebian tbqh

GREEN ARMY
R
E
E
N

A
R
M
Y

I like derby county because I enjoy playing as them on FM and they have a cool badge

>following a soccer team at all

Brap

looks like a yank logo tbhj

>following a team outside your state

So after I moved I should've started supporting a different team?

>Moving out of the city you were born in

you should move back

and get as close to the stadium as you can

also check if your team is hiring

pájaro caca

No, the white stuff is going in.

but Hamburger SV will be relegated this season

it's your duty as a American citizen to keep following them, even in the 2nd division

>not actually going to watch football live
>'supporting' by watching TV

>following a team instead of just enjoying good plays

>want to get into soccer as i really love playing it
>MLS fucking sucks
>have no real connection to any teams from europe
>picking any team would be random and artificial
>can't find a way to enjoy watching soccer

what do i do

kek

>MLS fucking sucks
Not really

What every other entry-level american does, become a Tsunaldo fan.

>>MLS fucking sucks
That's because people don't watch it. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Blyth Spartans m8

worse than the mexican league probably, how is that not shit?

my nba team is one of the worst in the league now, and my nfl team is full of notorious chokers. i don't like just picking the best team just because it's the best.

i suppose but i don't really like watching college sports here either because if you play the sport, good play vs bad play becomes super obvious to where i can't watch college football or basketball without wanting to kill myself and how shit it is.

my city's mls team has one of the larger stadiums and better attendance rates though which i guess is good. i've still never heard of any of the players though.

>how shit it is
like anyone you've ever met could do better

If you're in the same city you're winning because lots of people seem to be 100s of miles away from a team. What team is it? I'll give you a quick rundown of anyone I know about.

>paying any sort of attention to anything happening outside of your personal radius

>well you're not a pro player so you can't say college basketball sucks

???? go watch any random college basketball game and watch how offenses are run or how shit and slow in general the defense is. watching sports played by worse people dilutes the quality of the sport in 90% of cases. soccer isn't different. i've been following the epl and ligue 1 for a few years now and watching the mls after those leagues is just painstaking because even for someone newer to the sport, the defense is absolutely and visibly laughable.

it's fc dallas btw. i live like 20 minutes from the stadium.

MLS is probably comparable to League 1 and League 2 in England, I agree that if you have no love for a club then it can be a bit of a struggle watching a lower standard of play.

If you love football, support your local MLS/NSL club. If you're just taking a passing fancy to it, watch Champions League highlights.

i love the sport when it's played properly, which doesn't happen in the mls because there is literally no defense. i find myself enjoying epl and ligue because it's so much better, but one of the biggest part of sports is allegiance to a team, which i can't really just create out of nowhere for some random european team.

the only things i would even be able to think of as reason for picking a european club to support would be the fact that i have lived in london and paris for a short time each, or the fact that my significant other is from karlsruhe in germany which is kind of close to stuttgart i guess.

Championship is the same commercialized piece of shit that the EPL is but National league is fucking great, the crowds are loud and you see social media posts of the players drinking pints with the fans afterwards

Please watch our league

If you just see it as entertainment then just stay neutral. Your team isn't great so you choose not to support them, as an American it's a lot more socially acceptable to just stay neutral.

>fc dallas
Ok it looks like a team full of literally whos but they seem to perform quite well.

Maynor Figueroa was quite highly rated not long ago and scored this
youtube.com/watch?v=XDSkoJ_RS_I

Other than that I've head of Roland Lamah and that's about it. There is a lot of south americans there. You might enjoy it if you have a dislike for people from Houston.

meh i guess it's just strange for me as an american, because outside of soccer, all of the sports leagues in america are by far the best in the world and it's not even close. the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL all completely shit all over other leagues of the same sport abroad. i'm okay with cheering for the mavericks even though they have been absolute hot shit for the past few years because ultimately it's still the NBA. with fc dallas its kind of a new team in a shit league where the product is clearly inferior. i think the best analogy would be if you're from latvia or lithuania and are a basketball fan. sure you can watch your local team, but it's going to be complete shit and not even really the same game as what you could find in the NBA, but since you have no ties to america, picking an NBA team is basically impossible unless you are a bandwagoner.

i think they have a reputation as a young team with a load of talented prospects. based on some stuff i just looked up quickly, they are one of, if not the best, teams in the MLS right now. bleh.

ave caca

>move east
>still heave ho

>young team with a load of talented prospects
You're lucky

>Americans
>POONALDO

No. We love Messi.

>supporting football teams you haven't played for yourself

AC OULU
C

O
U
L
U

>Stay in State
>Franchise relocates 3000 miles away
>American "sports"

>supporting football teams despite not even playing for them or being part of the coaching team

watch mls, or won't watch at all

>supporting a football team when your mother didn't give birth to you on their pitch during a game and had their manager circumsize you during half time

My German team is Fortuna Düsseldorf, stay mad

>This Texas idiot who wont watch Dallas despite them being good