Band is nice enough to release half their album online to give people a sneak preview

>band is nice enough to release half their album online to give people a sneak preview
>fanbase repays this kindness by treating the single great album as two separate entities diminishing the bands accomplishment

why are DG fans this retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

whosampled.com/Death-Grips/Have-a-Sad-Cum/
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=general principle
clyp.it/5k0lg1zt
whosampled.com/sample/363401/Death-Grips-Pss-Pss-Death-Grips-Have-a-Sad-Cum/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can't really call it a sneak preview when they used seperate recording sessions and they sound nothing like each other.

neither of those things make it two separate albums

cause nu metal is trash and second disc doesn't exist in my world

>being this retarded

>released in different years
>seperate recording sessions
>completely different sound
>none of these things make it two separate albums
boi stop being a fuck

You can appreciate them as separate projects that were preconceptualized as a double album. Only autists freak out over the nuance of category. Art is NOT interpreted at sole discretion of of the artist's intention.

How does separating them diminish the accomplishment?

because it changes the value of the album. instead of one amazing album you have two of differing values.

Who the fuck cares if those are actually two separate albums or not, they are different enough for people to talk about them separately and you can't change this you arrogant faggot

you have no idea how they were conceptualized. for all you know DG set out to make a double album and they planned to have both sides sound different.

released as one album. just because of all that arbitrary shit you can't deny it's one album. none of that matters and treating them separate is retarded.

Stop pretending Jenny Death is anything other than garbo please

>treating the single great album as two separate entities diminishing the bands accomplishment

this is not an adult way to react to people's album rankings on the internet, OP.

Are you actually so assblasted you made a new thread after your ass was handed to you in the other one. Truly epic

in what world was my ass handed to me when all I'm doing is asserting the indisputable fact that TPTb is one album?

NOTM is side 2 of GP

JD is a sub-idea of GP, that's why there's ON GP dummies

The "GP" on On GP stands for General Principle, not Government Plates

I see what you mean
The real double album is still GP/NOTM

in what world is this a topic that requires discussion? NotM and JD are categorized as parts 1 and 2 respectively. it is also a double album. they were released a year apart from one another, and most DG fans are diehard fans; of course they're going to categorizing them separately.
it's time to leave. go back to r/deathgrips

>he's so butthurt he actually made his own thread about it

Accept it, it's 2 albums.

>and most DG fans are diehard fans; of course they're going to categorizing them separately.
no, most DG fans are casuals that diminish the groups accomplishments by categorizing them separately.

You mean like the band itself?

KO

youre right, a youtube channel surely is more important than the fact they literally released it as one fucking album.

You mean an album they're contractually obligated to release under a very specific set of guidelines as agreed upon by their label?

no, you have zero information about what their contract is like.

they didn't they were released a year apart

just because PART of the album was released earlier than the whole thing doesnt make it seperate albums, that's why they fucking explicitly said it was only the first part of a double album when they released it.

It's fucking astonishing how stupid you would have to be to argue they are separate albums and considering how many people do that it's rather scary

and that's why they gave it two separate titles and two separate album covers

You still haven't acknowledged that NOTM is part 2 of GP which is honestly the more obvious pairing

many double albums give their discs separate titles you fucking casual

notm has a beginning an end conceptually speaking, big dipper is the send off as the bjork samples get deconstructed and dissipate completely. It works perfectly as its own piece, and that is how it is intended to be listened to. It sets a clear and fresh path for Jenny Death.

The two do nothing to compliment each other, there's nobody in their right mind that would say the album as a whole is better than listening to the two discs separately.

It is literally only a double album because of their label, that's it. There's nothing conceptually connecting the two, nothing sonically, nothing anything. They're simply two separate releases by the band.

no it's not a more obvious pairing because...wait for it...they fucking told us what the real double album is when they released a double album called The Powers That b.

If anything you can call TPTb a seqel to GP

yeah and how many are released a year apart with separate album art?

>both between 30 and 40 minutes
>came out closer together than NOTM and JD

Are you thicc? GP/NOTM also make more sense musically

You keep saying this but I feel like if you could actually explain it you would have by now.

Nice trips
Also just everything that's been said in the thread already, I feel like explaining would be redundant

>It is literally only a double album because of their label, that's it.
you are literally pulling that out of your ass. we have no reason to believe this was the labels doing.

>There's nothing conceptually connecting the two, nothing sonically, nothing anything.
this is just your misguided opinion and it's wrong.I can prove that wrong with five words that probably pertain to they joy you felt shitposting that garbage as much as anything else: Have A Sad Cum bb

>>both between 30 and 40 minutes
you are reaching for bullshit so fucking far. holy shit two album between 30 and 40 minutes? they must be the same album! not like most albums ever are that length

Lets see, both of them have identical use of production, both use vocal chopping as percussion, both are heavily textured, both put heavy use to v-drums, GP is deliberately a visual album whereas notm is not. GP uses visuals to let the album speak for itself and cuts back on lyrical content, notm is incredibly dense lyrically speaking and has no visuals attached to it whatsoever but a pic of Stefan at a cemetery.

One starts with a house being broken into
One starts with an alarm being put on
NOTM samples GP
Both are about the same length

>Have A Sad Cum

Wow, a lyric.. that's really the very least, the absolute minimum it could have done to connect the two.

Have a sad cum on NOTM samples Feels Like a Wheel, and Birds. Triple album confirmed?

>both put heavy use to v-drums,
every album since and including NLDW has heavy use of v-drums

>both use vocal chopping as percussion
every dg album does this but only TPTb has zach triggering the voice on his drums

>, both are heavily textured,
That literally means fucking nothing

>both of them have identical use of production,
no they don't

>GP is deliberately a visual album whereas notm is not
those are literally opposite things and TPTb DID have visuals, NOTM is only half the album you are talking about

>One starts with a house being broken into
>One starts with an alarm being put on
If anything that indicate event taking place after each other, like a sequel.

>NOTM samples GP
No it fucking doesn't

>Have a sad cum on NOTM samples Feels Like a Wheel, and Birds. Triple album confirmed?
no it fucking doesn't. show me the fucking samples whosampled.com/Death-Grips/Have-a-Sad-Cum/

>that's really the very least, the absolute minimum it could have done to connect the two.
yes it is, because the very least is all that's needed to debunk someone as retarded as you saying there is absolutely no connection

>No it fucking doesn't
Listen to the song you fucking brainlet, jesus. It is clear as day that it samples Feels like a wheel literally the "FE-FE-FE-FE" is in there from that track. He also says "BIRDS" over and over and over again.

>every album since and including NLDW has heavy use of v-drums
If you think the use of v-drums on NLDW, Jenny Death, Bottomless Pit, Interview is comparable to how they use them on GP and NOTM you are a legitimate idiot. I don't need to you accept the theory that GP and NOTM are part of a whole, but at least fucking accept that they adopt very similar production techniques, ones that are not at all prevalent in the same way on any of their other albums. They have no fucking albums that sound even close to GP/NOTM, those two feel like sister albums whether they actually are or not.

>those are literally opposite things
Yeah in other words, they are conceptually connected. One being a visual album, one having none of them. I bet you're one of those fags that subscribe to the introvert/extrovert reading of TPTB but refuse to recognize this as an interesting connection.

>If you think the use of v-drums on NLDW, Jenny Death, Bottomless Pit, Interview is comparable to how they use them on GP and NOTM you are a legitimate idiot
it is comparable, you are just a retard who doesn't understand all they are doing is switching out different synth and sample sounds on the drums. The use is still the same.

>Listen to the song you fucking brainlet, jesus.
I've heard the fucking song and it doesnt sample what you say it does, if it did you would beable to link youtube videos of the songs at the times of the samples, you know like, WhoSampled would already have done if they had used those songs as samples

>The use is still the same.
???? what? how is it the same if it sounds wildly different? Do you think it's the same simply because the other albums had v-drums? Are you unironically autistic? They use them in a completely different way from before, for one percussive textures, using vocal samples along other sources of sound for the v-drums, how is that anything like what they've done before or since?

>WhoSampled

I guess it's futile for me to go any further on this since you need to be validated by fucking 3rd party sites instead of trusting your own ears on something so simple. Maybe I'll submit the sample to the fucking site, that'll send your mind into a autistic whirlwind, please don't kill yourself if it gets approved.

>Maybe I'll submit the sample to the fucking site, that'll send your mind into a autistic whirlwind, please don't kill yourself if it gets approved.
maybe you would submit it to this fucking thread if you weren't talking out your ass

Have a Sad Cum, around 40ish seconds, sounds like the same vocal sample of "Feels"

Just pitched up

yeah, it's not the same sample. If it were it would be on wikipedia and who sampled for if it's the same it would be an obvious thing for them to find and document.

Get over it you are wrong. You wanna talk about undocumented DG samples get back to me when you notice the Captain Beefheart sample on Inanimate Sensation, I heard it the first time saw the video.

48 seconds into the song, appears multiple times. It is unequivocally from Feels Like A Wheel. If I thought you were worth it, I'd make an actual comparison but I'm not going to. Just listen for yourself.

It's literally the same thing, only the voice filter is not on the "Have a sad cum" sample.

What's ironic is both of these appear 48 seconds into their respective songs, on the fucking dot. I'm sure this is a pure coincidence, but still just noticed it looking over this.

>diminish the groups accomplishments by categorizing them separately.
You can be completely aware that NOTM and JD are deliberately contrasting thematic sisters, and still talk about either one on its own. You can understand that they are two parts of a whole and still listen to one by itself, and even think that one is independently superior. We're not all going to forget that it's a double album if people say NOTM is better than NLDW or something.

And Death Grips aren't going to give you ass pats for trying to follow a meaningless orthodoxy in talking about their music, they don't care about whatever fragile notion of "their accomplishments" you are attempting to preserve.

Yeah same. Not worth making a video modulating the vocals to show they're similar for someone who wouldn't change their mind about the GP/NOTM connection even if it was the same sample

>General Principle, not Government Plates
anons on mu came up with that

I would love some Flatlander ass pats on this frat boy's ass crack

they have full artistic control over their releases with Harvest you gaggot

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=general principle
>2006

because it's retarded. The fact is there isnt a NOTM/GP connection, there's a fucking TPTb/GP connection. Did you forget there's a fucking song called On GP on Jenny Death??

Okay, now you're making sense. You're saying it's a triple album, GP/NOTM/JD?

Actually:
>glass shattering
>alarm set
>I break mirrors with my face

Can't break in/out, so what can you break? WHAT YOURE LOOKING AT

Okay, you were right

We know the meaning already, how does you pasting an ud link proves it's exactly what Death Grips meant?

What you're looking at AKA a mirror or yourself

First three tracks on those albums btw if you didn't get that

not to mention Sad Cum is sampled on JD too,

Oh man though I get it, It's about someone being in prison, At the end of the GP videos when he's lying down it was like a prision bed he was lying on, the cover looks like because it's a cell.

I was gonna say steroids is him breaking out of prison but then i remember BP and idk hpw that fits in

Saying "anons on Sup Forums came up with that" is completely meaningless, all you have to do to "come up with" it is google for 2 seconds and find a common expression that has existed for ages.

It's not a prison, it's a mental institution. BP is the psychopathic, burning down three bedrooms in a good neighborhood, fuck you in half, hearing voices type

>Sad Cum is sampled on JD
Reminder to link the audio comparison every time somebody makes this incorrect statement. clyp.it/5k0lg1zt

whosampled.com/sample/363401/Death-Grips-Pss-Pss-Death-Grips-Have-a-Sad-Cum/

You're so cucked by whosampled that you're not even using your own brain before posting these replies. Jesus CHRIST:

wow the butthurt is amazing, please keep it up. Got anymore buzz words in lieu of arguments?

This whole fucking thread is pointless, honestly congrats op, you managed to bait dozens of people into wasting their time. It doesn't matter if you consider this one or two albums, just listen to the fucking music.

ha ha hah ahahhahhahhah this isn't anywhere near over. You think the bait worked this time, get ready to watch it work dozens of more time after this hahahahah