What do you think about pic related?

What do you think about pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=21mtTvR21Ts
youtube.com/watch?v=NESFQVqpnb0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Didn't like it at first, but it grew on me. It aged better than most films of the 2000s. Napoleon Dynamite aged like milk compared to this and they were both released the same year.

Better than Rushmore, but Worse than the rest of his films. He went too far into boredom.

Underrated, compared to the rest of Anderson's work

Life Aquatic with Reddit Zissou

One of my top 3 by Anderson. Definitely grew on me - I have to watch it at least once a year.

My number 1 favorite film of all time. I love everything about it, the cast, the stop motion, the adventure story, the way the movie is designed like a play, everything.

My one gripe is that Anderson didn't make an 8 minute short with Zissou on a stop motion dinosaur island to show before the movie.

I really liked Moonrise but can't tell the same about Tenenbaums (maybe I should rewatch it).

Should I give a try?

This one and Tenenbaums always fucking get me with that one line at the end. It's some sort of wizardry.

Skip Bottle Rocket and watch every other film he's made. They're all pretty fucking good.

fucking great

>I've had a rough year dad
Bottle Rocket is great though

cloying like all his stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=21mtTvR21Ts
yea its fucking hilarious

I need to do another Wes Anderson marathon. It's been too long.

I did not like it... I really like Bill Murray but somehow Wes Anderson just doesn't do it for me.. I can admire how beautiful shot his movies are but somehow I never find his stories engaging.. and I'm never "involved" in his characters, they don't feel genuine to me.. I can't really explain why..I watched moonrise kingdom, life aquatic, fantastic mr. fox and Great budapest.. I don't know if I should watch tenenbaums, I guess his films are just not for me (non-native speaker, I hope I made some sense)

willem dafoe stops it from too bad, but its kind of annoying still and i fucking hate the ending for some reason. stupid music

>youtube.com/watch?v=NESFQVqpnb0
i feel the opposite, his characters are always so cartoonish but the emotions behind so real, little things like this for example, i can't explain why either, but i respect your opinion
not native speaker too, where are you from?

>I wonder if it remembers me

If you watched the films of Godard, Traffaut or Hal Ashby, you'll understand where he's coming from. But I'd suggest watching Harold and Maude first. If you liked it and its style, you'll like Rushmore and Tenenbaums.

The characters are supposed to be quirky yet realistic, so maybe that's why they don't feel genuine to you? I've always thought we've met at least one person who would have belonged in a Wes Anderson film, but maybe that's just an American thing.

I'm from germany. I can see the emotions which are caused by the often absurd situations his characters end up in, but I somehow don't see them really have an impact on his characters... Maybe this is why from all his movies I have seen so far I'm most okay with fantastic Mr. fox, I guess it doesnt bother me so much since its "only animated characters" and its not so weird to me that there is this distance..

Tenenbaums is great

has my favourite characters from any Anderson film

Am I the only one who thinks Fantastic Mr. Fox is his best one by far?

Fuck that shot at the end is beautiful, I need to rewatch this film.

GOAT acting t b h, bill fucking murry can act

Zissou doesn't have enough pushback against the other characters. He barely has a character at all.

>German
well that makes sense lmao, you are never gonna enjoy this movies

lool, why is that?? I did not know there were certain films I could not like just because I'm german! Please name more movies you think I can't enjoy, maybe you are onto something?