How many of your fuckers smoke, and how many are trying to quit smoking? Why did you start and why are you quitting?

How many of your fuckers smoke, and how many are trying to quit smoking? Why did you start and why are you quitting?

煙の氣
搖曳せねば
墓に直ぐ

Spirit of the smoke,
If it should not trail over,
Then straight to the grave.

Don't smoke because it is degenerate

bruh those are 2 lobster shells and some potatoes get the fuck outta here

read that millennials smoke more than any other generation.
well it seems i picked the right career as a nurse. job security I guess.
so you faggots keep puffing away.

started when I was 12... by 15 I was smoking a pack a day... quit when I was 21 and haven't had a cig in over 5 years... It was hard to quit for about 3 weeks then the cravings fade... I fidgeted with my hands and shit for like 2 years after I quit, and I still do it a little bit I think although not as bad... I used to be addicted to meth and cigs were way harder to quit

OP here.

I started when I was thirteen and quit at twenty. It was cold turkey for me and sucked horribly for about a week, and then... it just seemed so unimportant. I had my senses of smell and taste back. What a stupid habit.

Started smoking when I was 14 out of boredom and thought it was cool at the time. I'm 24 now almost 25 tried quitting multiple times no luck. Wish I'd never started in the first place, about to go outside and smoke a cigarette after righting this. Don't smoke inside because I have a son

I started smoking about 8 years ago when I was 16, just started it at work since everyone else was. Decided to start quitting last year since it was finally catching up with me health wise. Been vaping for about 5 months now with only an occasional cigarette here and there, feeling much better.

I've nearly weened off the nicotine on the vape completely, so I'll be able to kick that soon too.

Other than our grandparents and great grandparents I could believe it, I see heaps of people my age smoking, a pretty even mix of trashy people and relatively classy/trendy people too. Where as the gen X smokers are mostly trashy

You know those prop lungs are nothing to do with smoking right? They are labelled as that when sold but are dyed to look like that. Old coal miners got lungs like that.

We all have to die of something.

There are better and worse ways to die.

Cigarettes demand your life and provide... what? So little pleasure at so great a cost.

My GFs an RN and smokes, as do all her coworkers and most of the 80+ year old residents.

I'm not saying it's healthy, but the hate for it is 99% to justify the insane tax they put on it.

UK prices are fucking ridiculous now. £7.65 for Rothmans. Marlboro are £11.

Holy crap. I remember when 6$ a pack seemed extortative back in 1998 in Canada.

a nurse! ahahahah

I'm moving to the Canary Islands. €2.80 for Lucky Strike.

Survivor bias, old smokers aren't proof smoking doesn't kill. Your gf probably doesn't kick it because nursing is stressful as fuck and you're lucky to get a single break on a 12 hour shift, unless of course, you smoke.

The danger is somewhat blown out of proportion, but don't for a second think that it's not stupid to smoke. I smoke, it's stupid, I would never encourage anyone to ever take it up. If you honestly think its not that bad you haven't been smoking long enough to notice it yet. I started noticing it about 8 years in, 2 of those years at a pack a day.

I started at 14 and quit at 34
1000x thanks to Chantix aka Champix (in the EU)
It was painless and without WD. A miracle.

for a pack of how many? a 20 pack of winfield blue (the most popular smoke in aus) is $23-$24 AUD. Marlboro 20's are $29 aud. The price is steadily and sharply rising too, each quarter or so you can expect at least a dollar or so price increase on all cigarettes.

Here in Japan, you can get a pack for as little as the equivalent of $2US. Booze is crazy-cheap too.

been 7 years since my last smoke :)
Started because would be waiting for bus out in -40 degree c weather and would her to breath in because it was so cold guy gave me smoke then smoked for 2 years then got a car still smoke then realized there's no reason to keep smoking.

Started as a lifehack for calming my nerves and doing more schoolwork.

Kept it as a way to cut down smell of weed to stay low key in front of my parents

Quit three days ago after years of pack a day because this is the worst flu I ever had.

Dying is dying man, after you die it's all the same
that being said, i used to smoke 2 packs a night while working security now i only smoke bout half a pack somethimes when i drink once or twice per week, don't always smoke tho.
2edgy.

20. You can only buy packs of 20 in the UK now. Plain packets too. Menthols and "clickables" are being banned from April this year too.
You can't even buy Ziganovs, Sobranies or Dunhills in non-conforming packaging.

Quit 3 years ago. Actually, I quit almost every year for about five years. Usually lasted 6 weeks to 3 months before starting again.

How? Why? In a bar, drinking. It always started the same way, drunk, holding a cigerette again, smelling the tobacco (smells delicious).

The first smoke after the short quit time, always the same, like the forst smoke I every had, absolutly disgusting. About a week later, back to a pack a day.

So, I quit drinking too. And I quit facebook. I've never been happier.

Oh, weed is still good. And unlike booze, I never get the urge to smoke tobacco when stoned.

There is nothing healthy about those lungs on the right. They're dead!!!

I quit seven years ago, the first 14 days were hellish - now I can breathe freely, I can taste my food, I can smell everything, my breath is good and after a check at the doctors I now know my lungs are fresh and pink like a baby's.

I began back in my youth, because I thought it'd be fun, I'd look cool - turns out I just smelled bad.

The danger is massively blown out of proportion. Humans have been smoking all sorts of shit since agriculture was invented and always live to around 80, that's all you get.

Keeping your asshole clenched tight and being scared of everything is the ultimate killer of life. Following government propaganda so others lose rights or get shithammered by unjust taxes is just sheeple mentality. It saddens me people are such bitches anymore. And for the record, I work with highly caustic gases, in shitty environments daily. And I have driven an expensive company vehicle for years, so I could never smoke in them and just kind of naturally quit, but I never care if anyone does.

When I started smoking the 20 pack was 67 Belgium francs, which is 1,66€ in today's faggot money.
It was in 1987

That which costs you your life should be worth it.

I'll be honest: I had a very easy time quitting smoking but right now I'm drinking myself to death. Some things are easier than others.

Booze gave me a lot; it's coming to collect its debt soon.

Try to quit. I saw what it did to my father.

I smoked because my grandpa let me try with 10 years. Also all my family und friends where smokers when I was below 20. I allways tried to not let it get out of hand, because though I liked it I felt and knew it had a bad influence on my behaviour. So when I finally had enough at 27 I started vaping to get rid of the health part. I did that for a year and then fully quit because propper vaping is bulky.

So atm I am free of any urge, even can smoke a spliff (with tabacco) every now and then without getting the craves. Workes for me, I like!

I loved to smoke and drink coffe when stoned

I smoked for a year and only pipe and weed. Quited smoking after I broke my pipe.
Still smoking once a month.
I dont wanna nigger lungs.

don't smoke, smoked from 18-26, been using an "e-cig/vape" since then, i'll be 29 this year. Doc just found a spot on my lung, going back for testing. So yeah, don't smoke.

OP here.

I get you, cigarette smoking and other forms are completely different, but I still smoke one or two cigars each year.

That's because based Japan isn't cucked by the 1% and I hope they can become a light the west can follow.

I quit for a couple of momths once but food tasted so gross that i started to rapidly lose weight

I smoke nearly 2 packs a day now idc about my health i dont want to live long anyway
You can ask for an injection when you get cancer over here

You know that time you were really sick? Lots of phlegm, a chest infection. You'd cough and splutter occasionally, but every so often you'd have a real fit, cough, choke on some flem, keep coughing, but air was only going out, when you tried to take a breath you'd just cough again. This keeps up for a minute or so, you start thinking "Fuck, I need to take a breath soon I'm getting battered here". Gasping, spluttering, eventually you cough the goo up and you can breath again, "That was rough" you think as you wipe the spit and snot from your face.

Now imagine if instead of 30 seconds to a minute, this was the last 2 years of your life, not quite bad enough to die, but bad enough you can't remember the last time you took a nice lung full of air.
That's what dying of lung cancer and smoking related illnesses is like.

You're going to die, you still have some control over how that might happen.

And plenty of child miners and contsruction workers lived to a ripe old age of 100. Asbestosis and Coal workers Pneumoconiosis are still real and killed many many people.

If you smoke, you are statistically shaving 10 years off your life, of course if you're one of the ones who dies because of smoking rather than getting lung cancer around the age when we start to get cancers naturally (think 75-85 or so) then you're probably going to lose a lot more than 10 years.

There's no way you can chalk it up that smoking isn't 100% stupid. Its whatever, I believe in personal autonomy and if this weren't an anonymous forum I wouldn't say anything, I don't bother smokers, I used to smoke. But it's still stupid.

All the brands I smoked at uni during 2014

Is that so? Define worth it, like pushing away a kid that's about to get run over kind?

And yeah i've been drinking twice a week for 5 years now, hangovers make me feel like i'm fucking 40 these days. 23yo.

>I believe in personal autonomy
No you don't, you're a parrot tool.

>I don't bother smokers
You're bothering them right now

>No you don't, you're a parrot tool.
yes I do

>You're bothering them right now
its relevant to the thread

I mean, i'd most likely die or get killed before that so.

how about you refute some facts instead of trying to live out the motorcycle outlaw fantasy on the internet, big guy.

Even if we put aside the (proven) health damage, the addiction to (all) the substances in tobacco smoke play your brain. You get way more nervous and unstable. Your everyday routines revolves around getting your next smoke. People who do not smoke will think you smell like a skunk. You, yourself do smell and taste way less. All these (and more) negative effect for no, or virtually no benefit. To still defend or rationalize this behavior, you need to be biased to hell and back.

Smoking is healthy.

Drink more water.

You're not 'hungover', you're dehydrated.

I smoked for seven years, and the only pleasure I got from it was the pleasure of finally getting that long-anticipated smoke.

The pleasure is all in fulfilling a need that would not otherwise exist. And it only asked your life in return.

possibly, that's how I felt and then I started to start climbing out of depression. The issue is if you get slapped with that shit it hits you around 45-55. That's well before you're likely to die unless it were a freak accident or suicide.

And that seems far away, but it really isnt. But by the same token, it's plenty of time for things to change. Imagine you potentially end up finding a nice real hunny and starting a family or whatever. except now you know for certain you're going to die before they even graduate school or some shit. It's certainly less likely you get taken that early, but its still a possibility.

So much this.

I hope so; that's why I moved here.

Alcohol withdrawal is part of a hangover.
A drink in the morning is what you need.

Been smoking a pack a day since I was 14 and I’m 23 now (minus about a year or so when I was 19 when I vaped instead)

I love smoking. I know I should quit I know it makes you smell like shit I know it’s bad for me but I fucking love it.

I don’t want to quit

You shills are fucking retarded. Do you even read what you quote?

You all need to kill yourselves.

I should also say: I am forty years old, and feeling pretty shttily.

Drinking water and eating something used to help, now it makes me throw up and i end shaking trying to sleep,so that's that.

Smokes are quite literally the closest thing that exists to pure addiction in consumable form. The ratio of pleasure/harm is probably the crappiest out of any drug except perhaps black tar or krokodil. Can't believe some of you waste your money on this.

Where did you get the money from to smoke when you were 14?

Yeah, I did that once about twelve years ago, and that's why I'm an alcoholic now.

The "hair of the dog" rapidly becomes its flesh.

um yeah this is most likely no longer a hangover but borderline withdrawal. keep it up like this and you'll be in the ground before you hit 40.

9 years ago smokes were still cheap as fuck, not him, but if you got pocket money you could afford a light smoking habit.

Nice quads

See my post here

When I smoked as a young teen packs cost like 2 bucks here. Ah the magic of being from Eastern Europe.

Life is easy.
Drug dependence and addiction puts the difficulty up a level.
Also :- abstaining from food, water and sleep also puts up the difficulty level.
I just can't seem to ever fail at anything I care about.

liver failure is definitely going to be on the rise in the next 2 or 3 decades, millenial generation and I assume the gen Z or whatever the fuck schoolkids are are going to continue the outrageous binge drinking party shit. Going to be a lot of yellow dying 50 year olds.

My parents were going through divorce and my mom started buyin me packs. I was a bitch of a kid and bitched my way into making this a reality among both my parents.

Now I want to kms

And the glutamate rebound from alcohol withdrawal causes brain damage. You need to weigh up pros and cons.

isn't binge drinking actually declining? everyone is into weed or vapes now so good luck finding a functional pair of
lungs in 30-40 years

I smoked maybe 6-7 times when I was 17 to impress a girl, she was 16. It worked, got laid, I'm from UK so legal.

That was the only time I've ever had sex though, now I'm 21.

Cost 25 for any standard pack and 30 for a standard pouch in Aus :(

It will almost certainly be far lower, as the younger generations eschew alcohol for weed or other drugs. Alcohol -- objectively speaking -- sucks as a drug, and it's my poison.

Fuck this stupid drug.

i got to the point where i started having glutamate rebounds, was literally the reason i almost quit drinking, literally drank 3 times in the whole of 2017. if you've never experienced that, it's like a combination of a hangover the level where you literally can't stand up and walk, plus lots of anxiety and feeling like your brain is under a cover of cotton, can't form a single coherent thought. for some alcoholics this will turn permanent, google wernicke-korsakoff syndrome. not a good way to go.

It could be on the downturn again, last I cared to look was around 5 years or so ago, in Australia as well mind you so it's probably different for you. We've consistently had highest weed consumption and bong smoking per capita for a while anyway, binge drinking was just (and at least from what i can tell anecdotally) still is popping off here.

you can do both, smoking weed is super super common here even though it's not legal. we just have a party getting stoned and drunk.

I hope you're right.

I've smoked weed for years through a bong and I fear I might be fucking up my lungs all the same. It's still burning plant and probably creates tar residue :s

I would love to smoke, but that is highly illegal here and would be instant deportation.

yeah all smoke is bad for your lungs, there's just less carcinogens in weed compared to tobacco so the "dude weed lmao" guys perpetuate the myth that it's good for you. you can probably smoke cones your whole life and not be concerned of dying from it, you'll most likely just have a smokers cough getting the gunk up.

Same here. Not deportation as I'm not from middle east or asia, but it will fuck up your work and social life, like only some 20-30 percent of people here even support weed, fucked up place.

Where're you from, bro?

Japan here.

All of you living somewhere where tobacco has ridiculous prices- have you considered growing your own or did they also ban it the greedy fuckers?

where are you guys from.
here in aus under a certain amount it's just confiscated with a warning first offence, then second offence you have to attend like rehabilitation classes.

If you're over the weight limit its a criminal charge though, also if you're under the weight limit but its bagged individually as in intent to sell, so like an ounce in 16 baggies is illegal even if an ounce in one bag isn't.

The Baltics. Full of fucking conservative-nazi type fuckers who like to beat up people for smoking weed.

Quit a year ago, feeling great

never even tasted a cigarette, why? because every single person that has smoked more than a month has told me its a good idea.

That's illegal here in aus, but there is a strong black market for tobacco, asian stores usually have it, you can buy either rolling tobacco called "chop chop" or you can buy 'tailor mades' that someone hand made at home, idk what the name for those is.

Chop Chop is about a quarter of the price of normal tobacco or less, something like 90% the cost of our tobacco is tax so the black market still makes good profit off it.

How's legalization in Aus? Any chance of happening in 5 years?

Good on you for cutting down.
>wernicke-korsakoff syndrome
Alcohol can be grim.

Shit. Why are they so hardcore about weed?

Many eastern europeans are against drug use, don't know why apart from ultra-conservative political reasons.

So weird...

I visited your island/continent a while ago and you guys seemed so cool about most things.

>Any chance of happening in 5 years?
I doubt it, things take a long ass time here.
I'm sure it will be legal eventually, its very entwined in our culture. But the thing is its so easy to get and so above ground that there's no real ground swell to make it legal. We don't have the insane rates of arrests and jailings for drug offences here compared to somewhere like america.

I don't smoke often, but if I wanted some I could have some within the hour any day of the week. I believe it's legal for medication, so that's the first step. But we did that properly, CBD extracts not scripts for bud.

The only real proponents for legalization here are hippies and forward thinking drug dealers who don't want to risk getting done with intent to distribute. For everyone else it's just like 'yeah that'd be nice to just go to a smoke shop but it's not exactly hard now anyway'

Variety is the spice of life.
Try it but don't get into it. You will soon realise that you are not missing out and people only smoke to get breaks from work or because of the social aspect and also addiction/dependence.

>smoker for around 23 years
>started in 9th grade at the same time I starting smoking pot
>tried quitting countless times but its too hard
>accepted years ago that I'll die of lung cancer
Oh well, we all have to die from something, right? If cigarettes don't kill me then the alcohol will.

I guess alcohol doesn't count as a drug?

Not trying to take the piss out of you, just trying to figure out the difference.

We definitely earned the lazy/laid back stereotype. It's not perfect here, but for the most part if you're not hurting anyone we don't give a shit. It could be better but honestly there's no place I'd rather live.

Polish people consider doing lines of Amphetamine to be a "soft" drug.

no one considers alcohol to be a drug unless they wanna be uppity about it. of course it is a drug, but you know what i mean.

You could get hit by a bus tomorrow so don't worry about it. If you enjoy it then keep doing it, if not then stop throwing money away.

I'm in Canada and a pack of 25 was $3.25 when I started around 93 or 94

It's a cultural thing, and those points can get weird. Kind of like how some people who are all for weed still would like to see the local black tar dealer behind bars.