Get really bad tinnitus 6 months ago

>Get really bad tinnitus 6 months ago
>Hear it over literally everything
>Go to doctor a week later, and it's earwax
>Get it removed and tinnitus mostly goes away.
>For the next four months I can still hear it in 60dB places
>Visit an ENT
>Turns out I have fluid in my ears and ETD in both ears
>Take flonase, amoxycillan, and sudafed for a month
>Today I woke up 100% tinnitus free

Thank god I don't have to off myself.

Happy for you desu you never realise how important your hearing is until you realise how you can damage or possibly lose it

Yeah I had no idea why I got it. My hearing is impecible. Took a sine test and no dips up to 18khz. I'm 20 btw.

shit, I should try this. thanks for giving me hope.

How long have you had it, what's it sound like, and what other ear/throat related symptoms do you have? Neck pain or back pain or jaw pain? Other symptoms like that add up.

Oh and nice get.

how did they remove the ear wax? when i heard tinnitus could be wax-related i just went to town with a q-tip

user...

Fuck don't do that that just impacts it harder.

You use earwax drops to soften it, and in a few days you go to a doctor (a general will do), and have them spray water into your ear to remove the wax.

This water could cause or worsen tinnitus, so thats why you use the earwax softener.

can this be a diy kinda thing? i fucking hate going to the doctor's so much

Depends on how bad it's impacted. Usually no.

congrats fampai

Hydrogen peroxide helps a lot

Oh wait, just to help curious anons out, here were my symptoms.

>Ears would make a loud crackling noise whenever I swallowed.
>When going up or down a small hill or change in altitude, my ears would fill up very quickly
>Didn't pop on their own
>Fluid in ears, when I tilt my head I felt a rushing sensation in both ears
>Nose was always slightly congested
>Had to do valsalva maneuver a lot (Doing it would almost eliminate the tinnitus for a few seconds)
>Random ear popping where one ear would suddenly become very clear, I could hear super well, and the tinnitus was 90% gone.

If you have these, you almost certainly have ETD.

I dunno, if you have a friend who does stick and poke tattoos I'd ask them

SHIT

It's okay user maybe there's something else causing it. Try listening to a sine sweep on YouTube, and see if one of your ears has a large hearing dip. If not, it could be TMJ or a sternoacloid muscle (if your tinnitus is somatic). Do you have bad posture? Correct that, that helped me.

This is me but it the tinnitus wasn't that bad and it wasn't etd, just a recurring ear infection in both ears for some reason, lasted for 8 months, had hearing loss too, finally got some antibiotics that worked a few months ago.

It was awful, can't imagine having tinnitus for the rest of my life like some people, I'm really careful with headphone volume now, I was to begin with but I really don't want to risk it.

You can buy diy ear wax removal ktis at chemists but I don't know how affective they are.

>fire .357 12 times without earpro
>extreme tinnitus
>listen to vaporwave to go to sleep almost every night
Lmao

What antibiotics did you use? Did your ear infection resolving get rid of your tinnitus completely? I have bilateral ear infection for four months and I'm scared I'll have tinnitus for life.

Betnesol ear drops. I thought it was an antibiotic but it's not. My hearing got better after about 5 days and tinnitus got better after a week or so. If it's silent and I really concentrate on it I can hear a very faint ringing but I think that's fairly normal, I've had that for as long as I can remember and it's nothing compared to what it was anyway.

I took amoxicillin at first and my doctor said the infection had gone away, but my tinnitus hadn't, then soon after the infection came back. Also before this all started the last time I had an infection Otomize ear spray worked straight away. Those might work for you if you haven't tried them.

Thanks. I really hope it works I've tried amoxicillin but it didn't work. I hope this will go away...

Man, this. My ear canals are fucked and I get inner ear infections a lot. There can be whole weeks where I will hear nothing in my right ear.

I have a constant ringing in my ears that I can only hear in complete quiet (I.e. in my room when I’m going to bed) but even then it is not unbearable. I usually put on some quiet music so that I don’t think about it.

Is my hearing permanently fucked or is this something I should bother to get checked out?

? I had these same symptoms and was given some sort of nasal spray and I THINK amoxycillan. Mine feels like it comes and goes and I always feel pressure in my head. I think you've inspired me to go back and bring up ETD to my walk-in clinic. I had a nasty hearing test at some audiology place and the stupid fucking doctor was so aggressive with the shit they put in my ear that I was apprehensive about going back. thx for posting user

Go to an ENT for this, they're the ones that can tell you if you have ETD. Walk in clinics can't really help with anything except a referral.