Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite of the 8 films, but I don't know why. Somebody enlighten me why it's kino

Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite of the 8 films, but I don't know why. Somebody enlighten me why it's kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zrWoG8IckyE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I agree. Prisoner of Azkaban is really good.

Never seen any part of Deadly Hallows or whatever it is called, Half-Blood Prince was so boring I never seen it complete.

>children's book franchise movie

Dementors are spoopy.

Because you have no taste.

Okay, what's yours?

They are the best along with azkaban. I almost didnt respond to you becauae you used the word boring.

You should watch em back to back to back. Or just watch them all in order

Alfonso Cuarón

It isn't. Like the other 7 its part of one the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Nice pasta

The films were actually cool, unlike one of the dullest shitposts in the history of movie shitposts. Each shitpost following /lit/ wizards and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitposts only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta?all to make fantasy unfantastical to make witchcraft seem kiddie.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/ directing the shitposts at Sup Forums, he made sure the shitposts would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-posting for his (You). The shitposts might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-atmospherical anaylsis in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are g-g-good though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the books were terrible and the films were much better. As I read, I noticed that everytime he shitposts, Quentin wrote instead that Brave New World "was a low tier form of art."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The shitposters mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Yeah and it's 100% correct. the picture wasn't so that's why I didn't post it.

>its 100% correct
>a sperg review thats incidentially a 7/10 review of the last film in a series thats extremely different is correct
Lmao even Ebert was more based

Alfonso Cuaron, that's why it's your favorite. He also directed pan's labyrinth. Why they didn't have him direct more of the movies I don't know, but it's why this is the only good one.

Based of best book

>He also directed pan's labyrinth
found the pleb

because Alfonso Cuarón is a real director

david yates absolutely ruined the tone of the books with his movies

Mine too, Gary Oldman and David Thewlis have amazing chemistry.

It's Alejandro del Cuaron, actually.

I haven't seen the final two. 6 bored me to death.

Found the bookfag. Personally I love Yates and Cuaron. Books 5-7 were weak. All of Yates feel different.

7 is even more boring than 6. they spend like half the movie in the fucking woods and every 2 minutes there's a landscape shot of the forest

that entire movie could be shrunken down to maybe an hour worth of real material. splitting it up was just for the $$

Its almost as if film is a different medium. Also he directed the shit out of the scripts he was given

6 gets better everytime I watch it. Its in my top 3.

Newell fuckes up Yates didn't he's just extremely British

Yates is a fucking trash man

Its the most not about Harry Potter magic and more like real drama.

>I DID MY WAITING...TWELVE YEARS OF IT.

Whats it like being so enormously wrong. 7.1 is a fathful adaptation and allows the series to breathe like HBP did. Its very brooding. Also the workprint was 5.5 hours long if you think they could have made one film you're retarded part 2 alone was rushed. They wouldnt have even been able to call it the deathly hallows and focus on the hallows if they didn't split it up.

I love all the films the earlier and latter ones

Reminder yates won two bafta stanley kubrick excellence in directing awards for Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows Part 2 and is the only director in the series to win a directing award.

>If i liked this movie, it means it's kino.
Jesus, you're so stupid.

I liked it because they weren't "kids" anymore, they were wearing normal clothes and dropped the school routine because actual shit was starting to happen, if I run through these movies again I'll probably sleep through the first two.

i don't care if it's faithful, it didn't work

when i was reading all the forest parts in the last book i wasn't bored, things were actually happening. something got lost from the book to the script. the movie just felt like it lingered way too much. you can call it brooding, and i'll just stick with boring

Gets me every time

>this is what americans with no culture think is good
BAHAHAHA

You probably think these movies are british too, don't you?

>read goblet of fire
>like it
>watch goblet of fire movie
>what the fuck is this

>Best direction
>Coolest story/villain/twist
that's about it

>it wasn't fast enough for me wahhhhhhhhhh
how are we supposed to sympathize with you if your entire defense rests on childish values?

Don't worry 99% of people agree the last 3 movies are rubbish.

Don't listen to this anons lies. 7th is the worst

what does fast have to do with anything? if i wanted it to be "fast" i'd consider goblet of fire the best movie, but it's by far the worst

boring doesn't automatically mean it's not fast enough

3>5>4>6>8>7>2>1

3>1>6>5>2>4>8>7

fight me

>shitposters are out in full force already
>the most vocal because I don't like it

Yates saved the fucking series from Newell alnost ruining it.

This

This. They are all good.

Personally
3>7.1>6>5=1>2=7.2>4

>goblet above anything
>7 that low
This is reddit this is memes

Best taste ITT.

It works perfectly its the perfect penultimate entry. Go watch goblet of fire again if you are so easily bored

last two movies are worse than goblet, sorry

Saw them all in IMAX this month

1 5/5
2 4/5
3 5/5
4 4/5
5 5/5
6 5/5
7 5/5
8 4/5

No they aren't sorry but I'm not sorry.

Deathly hallows part 1 is an apple and part 2 is an orange. Together if you really like fruit they are good but they are different films.

This

I was talking to the fruit & vegetables girl at my local grocery store and she told me to watch DH2 when I bought like 12 oranges the other day

Benicio del Tortilla.

Sorry no cure for shit taste.

He was offered to direct goblet of fire but turned it down because post and pre production would have overlapped. He also picked Emma Watson to be the girlcin children of men instead of the black chick but she couldn't due to goblet of fire

Also del toro did want to direct HBP but the studio told him to fuck off. Cuaron expressed interest in deathly hallows but they already had their man. Essentially Newell wasn't offered anything after goblet of fire because even the studio knew it was batshit.

>I'm contrarian and nobody can stop me

>Someone has a favorite you don't like?
>Hehehee 'shit taste'
Why bother even posting do you think anyone cares?

you forgot to include the god tier/high tier/low tier/shit tier image

He didnt because he actually believes the pasta. No surprise coming from Television and Capeshit

t. shit taste that thinks garbage like 678 are good
LOL

Its gotten to the point I can't tell if you are ironically posting that or unironically posting

Not him. But you're the fag who rags on the series. 3 6 7 8 were the best. I love 3 for its own reasons and I love 6 7 8 for theirs.

How about you get off your high horse cowpoke

Philosophers Stone - shot by John Seale
Chamber and Goblet - shot by Pratt (brazil 12 monkeys
Azkaban - shot by based Sesserin
Phoenix - shot by based Idziak (three colors blue, black hawk down
HBP - shot by based Delbonne
DH - shot by based Serra (girl with the pearl earring)

On is austrialian. On british. One new zealand. One polish. One French. One Portuguese. God damn I think this is why I love the series. Each entry has its own feel to the atmoshpere its almost intoxicating.

And I'm not sober sorry for the typos

>based X
Stop pretending you know anything about movies, Sup Forums.

>Using this ad hominem argument
I dont even play vidya or go to Sup Forums. I watch a shitton of movies and thats why I said based because I've seen their work and like it.

Remember for next time when you talk about directors/actors/whatever then. Saying "based _" is even worse than the pleb and patrician meme.

Do you not read my post

1. I'm drunk
2. Don't tell me how to communicate on this forum, you could tell me in real life
3. I cant say Sesserin without the prefix based

you got he first 4 right, that's pretty much all that matters

I'd go

3>1>6>5>7>2>8=4

>if you want your fantasy movie to be good, you must hire a mexican

1 is good, there's no question in that but the ones right below it are better

Being serious now. I think most of the movies were good but Prisoner was one of the weaker ones because of the nonsensical time travel plot.

>based ____
It's almost as overused as
>full ____

you may not like it but you can't deny it
the prisoner of azkabans got style

The portrayal in the movie is slightly different than the book where they don't time travel in place

Its one of the few correct theoretical time travel movies. Its a closed loop. Nothing changes they already did and do it simultaneously. See the novikov self cosistency principle. Its a great climax foe the black sheep in the franchise and the time travel goes along perfectly with the themes ie harry past present future, his parents and their friends, divination prophecy etc. Everythings improved by Cuaron.

The time turner being leant to hermione just furthers the wizards being somewhat nutty. She did deserve it though. Also hermione is extra cranky because she's aged 2-3 months extra on her shit sleeping schedule. Her birthday changes.

based is the best nigger-speech meme we have on Sup Forums

because it had the best director

Why not just use time travel to fix everything wrong with the series?

Why doesn't Voldemort use it? It's so overpowered that it's completely illogical.

Same with the Potion of Luck. Why not mass produce and abuse that stuff?

It always comes down to time-travel. Like in anime, any movie or show where you throw time-travel tropes in will always be enjoyable because people like to think.

The whole Hermione hourglass thing makes you think pensively if you read the book because you begin questioning how deep the world-building is if there are thousands of wizard in the ministry reversing time at their whim to get more secretarial duties done, which means Voldemort must have been a god if they couldn't use one of these to overcome him.

Then at the end, it goes full circle with Harry Potter saving himself and making you question how the original sequence in this self-sustained loop happened. There are possibilities that the Dementors never found Harry at first because they were attracted to his time clone instead, or they killed Ron and so Harry went back in time to stop it from happening with Hermione, which changed the course of history by a paradox. However it's left inconclusive so you can figure it out for yourself.

For these reasons and perhaps nothing else, it stands out as the best.

Ok you still don't get it. Buckbeak never dies you can't change anything. This is the entire point.

You can't stop someone of something from happening. They always go back in time and save buckbeak no alternate realities existed.

According to the books and such you can only use them briefly for a few hours. And they are regulated by the ministry and then destroyed in a constant loop of smashing into the floor at the end of order of the phoenix.

They don't go back in time to change the past. They go back in time because they go back in time. It (buckbeak and sirius being saved) had actually happened earlier already this time they have a different perspective.

Jesus, is just fuckin perfect.

Continued. Which is why Harry casts such a powerful patronus. He gets the time travel dynamics. There was no pressure because he technically already had done it even though he only does it once. Goosebumps

the whole 3rd movie could have been finished the first 15 minutes if black would come in human form to harry and not as a fucking black cat

I like HBP a lot but DH P1 is utter fucking trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=zrWoG8IckyE

Found the guy who can't understand time travel

No its so good.Azkaban HBP and DH1 are my favorites. They are shot differently, Yates used a lot of handheld cameras for DH1 its more personal but if you like HBP or OOTP and you like Yates you should like DH1. Dobbys death is a great climax and the patronus sword, hallows tale, bagshots house and godrics hollow were well done

>black cat

Books:
4 > 5 = 3 > 1 > 2 > 6 > 7

Movies (haven't watched the last two):
3 > 1 > 5 > 4 = 6 > 2

>hasn't seen the entire series
>hasn't seen the entire series more than once
>ranking
Just rewatch them all. I think 6 7 were the worst books respectively as well but I think the movies were much better

>no tier list image

what the fuck is this shit? half the reason i open harry potter threads is to check if the pasta's there, on time and INTACT. who the fuck gave you permission to fuck up one of the most consistent pastas we have on this board? delete this disgrace right now and ask the mods for a ban.

>autism is consistent
well you aren't wrong

But 7 is still better than 8. 8 is just about transformers tier. 7 at least has good scenes that aren't action scenes, and isn't overstuffed with badly written action. 8 should have felt more like a conclusion of the story rather than just a big battle to cap it off.

>going to the harry potter thursday midnight showings
>they are in 2D and shot on film

I liked 8 more the last time I saw it but 7 is very very underrated imo. People are offput for the fact it doesn't have hogwarts alone