Are they the best defence of this decade?

Are they the best defence of this decade?

Nesta Maldini stam zambrotta etc etc, if they're not older than last decade

yes
I wonder, could you make a case for the iniesta/xavi/biscuits sideways passing routine being the best of last decade?

As in the 2010-2019 decade or in the last 10 years?

Because the best defence in the last 10 years was Vidic and Ferdinand.

2010-19

The best since Capello's Milan

>Are they the best defence of this decade?
kek

>Because the best defence in the last 10 years was Vidic and Ferdinand.
lel

>Nesta Maldini stam zambrotta
rofl

oh look it's the madrid shilling gypsy again

i am Greek

Starring
>an evil villain's goon
>Torres' tougher brother
>and necesita una siesta

>1 clean sheat in 18 games

Ferdinand and Vidic broke, and have set, the record for the longest consecutive clean sheets in football history. They also went to 3 CL finals in 4 years and did it while winning league titles at the same time, dominating the PL at its peak.

It's Sanchís and Hierro for me.
But I love watching these guys
in a back three. They're a wall.

>Dominating the pl

That's like saying that i'm the best because i scored ten goals against a team made of high schoolers.

Not many other midfields are purely sideways passing so I prolly have it right

lmao

who even is the thrid guy? bonucci, chielini and ?

barzagli.

he even played in germany you dumb casual.

i don't think this sport is for you

>>>/nfl/

Pls stop ignorant American. The PL was the best league in the world for about 4/5 years, with 3 PL teams often reaching the CL semifinals every season. In fact between 05 and 09 there was an English team in every final (two in 2008). That was the period in which Vidic and Ferdinand won 3 league titles in a row and set the clean sheet record.

>getting mad that I don't know barfugly
wew lad

Who was better in the last 10 years?

>this man
>ugly

fuck off Ahmed.

I'm ashamed of you- Pls replace your flag by us flag

>real finals won: 3/3
>manure finals won: 1/3
really makes you go hmmm

I can't remember which one's which.

Since 2007? Erm... Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Juventus,

>did not win jackshit
>somehow simply being italian makes up for it

i dont think so luigi

wrong

And yet... Kaka made them look like a bitch in 2007, and messi, a midget, scored a fucking header against the best defense.

And i'm ignorant?

>and messi, a midget, scored a fucking header

Midget AND the best forward in world, and arguably ever.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do feel that's worth pointing out.

Nope. Suck it up, dumb cunt.

nope

>what is a decade

>everything is either the best or the worst. There is no in between

I took it as the past 10 years so, 2007-2017.
If you mean 2010-onwards then my answer is Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, and Luke Shaw

OP, do you mean 2007-2017 or 2010-2020?

who?

2010-2020

That would be the Chelsea that Man Utd regularly beat to league titles?

Remind me, how many CL titles have Atletico and Juve won in the last 10 years?

You are ignorant. Ferdinand and Vidic were both injured for the game that Kaka ran Man Utd ragged. The defence that he played against was:

Evra___Heinze___Brown___O'Shea

Thanks for confirming your ignorance, fatty.

He won the bundesliga with wolfsburg you fucker

>joint 5th least conceded goals in la liga

yeah, nah

BTFO

>Defenders in a country with no finishers outside of your own club and two others
>Still can't defend

RIPIP my sides

We're talking about defence, not titles won, you stupid cunt.

>that left one's head shape

You can't be considered the best defence of your generation, with any credibility, if you haven't won the CL.

bonuchis face tells you the answer

Says who? Who decides these rules, you fucking ape?

man that's a retarded arguement and you know it

>le win nothing trio

wew

is the goalkeeper considered part of the defense?

You sound really mad. How can the greatest club defence of a generation not have won club football's highest honour? Besides, you never explained why Chelsea's, Atletico's and Juve's defences were better than United's 06-09 defence. The United defence won higher honours, conceded fewer goals and kept more clean sheets. The United defenders also played under a manager that put emphasis on attacking virtually every game, leaving his defenders in one-on-one situations every game.

So why were those other defenders better?

And you sound clueless. As Giuseppe has put rather succinctly; your argument is retarded.

Yes

Why? You not only have to defend, you also have to score. Juventus and Italy can defend all they want, if they go after Bayern, Barcelona with Matri, Quagliarella and/or City/RMA rejects, they are bound to lose. This is the first year they had the best strikers market was offering, and guess what, they have almost made it to the final again, not lucking their way in but forcing their way through.

Now, whether they choke again is another issue altogether, but it's definitely not the defense's fault. In 98 they lost 1-0 with an offside goal. Is it the defense fault or Zidane, Inzaghi and Del Pieroi for being fucking absolute utter shit?

>The United defenders also played under a manager that put emphasis on attacking virtually every game, leaving his defenders in one-on-one situations every game.

lmao, im not even that guy, but shut the fuck up you deluded mong

Sol Campbell/Senderos and Toure have the record minutes without conceding a goal in the Champions League.

it means absolutely fuck all.

I think you mistook the epl for mls

What a great argument.

Definitely the Juventus 3 then. I guess Atletico Madrid would be a close second.

Atletico for me. They've reached 2 CL finals and won a league title against the odds, relying mostly on their defence for their success. Juve have been par for the course.

>complains about arguments
>doesn't even address these posts with an argument
lmao, what a fuking sadsack you are mate

Man Utd's clean sheet record lead to them winning a title. So, yeah, it does matter.

And if they win this years final then they'll have a great claim to being the best defence of the last 10 years. Their place at the top would probably be unquestionable considering how few goals they've conceded in this season's competition. If they concede a couple goals and lose the final though, then they've fallen short, and should be judged as so.

>3 italians are a better defense than 4 of anything else

embarrassing, world.

Nonce

Campbell and Toure were good

>Man Utd's clean sheet record lead to them winning a title. So, yeah, it does matter.

no.. its literally fucking irelevant you tard. chelsea conceded the same amount of goals that season. they conceded the same amount in 06-07, less in 05-06 and far, far less in 04-05.

consecutive clean sheet record is a pointless statistic

does jamie vardy have the consecutive scoring record make him the best EPL striker of the past decade? (it led to them winning a title afteral!!) no of course it doesnt you fucking mentalist,

pathetic customer.

if they are better why have they won 0 cls, 0 wcs, and 0 euros this century

did you forget the 2006 world cup or something?

Chiellini looks weird.

I'd argue T.Silva-Nesta were better than these guys

Maldini-Nesta-Kaladze say hi

Kind of sucks to be a defender nowadays. Refs will blow the whistle for the slightest nudge.

sorr, I meant to say this decade as referring to the OP

also only Barzagli won the WC

>criticising the Man Utd defence for Messi's goal
Man Utd had 4 forwards on the pitch at that time and the cross was excellent.

tiganee, nu mai face shill pentru madrid