Sup Forums

Sup Forums,

What was the last live show you went to? How was it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TUkTjxLJk_U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

saw Beach Fossils in cambridge recently, they're really fun live

Saw the Flaming Lips with Mac DeMarco opening. It was pretty good. Mac's set was very well mixed and he got drunk and kissed the photographer. The Flaming Lips had a lot of inflatable stuff and the singer rode around the venue on a unicorn and a giant plastic hamster ball while singing David Bowie's "Space Oddity"

Dang, they're playing in Chicago tonight but I bought tix to see Elder before I found that out

Mine. It was wild. I have another show tonight.

Death Grips/Ministry

Ninja Sex Party and TWRP, they're fuckin wicked live.

Bloc Party in February at the Round House in London.

Was pretty good, shame the latest album is dog arse and they had to stop for 5 minutes to sort out the shitty guitar that makes the wob wob wob noises in their new songs.

saw street sects

was so intense it got cancelled early, some kid had a seizure. they fogged the venue up so much you couldnt see a foot infront of you and then set up giant strobe lights. i started to hallucinate at one point. the singer was thrashing around and whispered in my ear too

gonna go see them again when they come by on the 28th, super excited

>between the buried and me
moshing, crowd surfing, deafeningly loud
it was good

Morbid Angel

I moshed around for the opening acts cuz idgaf and I was pretty over the pit after it just became short, fat dudes hitting each other. They only played Steve Tucker songs which I din't know well enough so I just watched Trey.
>tfw Trey is just a 50 year old anime loving, living with mother, death metal manchild god

Har Mar Superstar in Tempe.

It was pretty good for 15 bucks. There was an odd jazz fusion band that played first with a couple polka songs. They had a 4 minute clarinet solo with delay effects. I dislike the clarinet's timbre and monophonic instruments are for the feeble minded. The bass player was good though. They really needed a keyboardist to establish chords and mids as well as a talented dedicated singer. The clarinet girl co-sang with the crossdressing guitarist.

Honestly I could see singing for them and making stuff that sounds like Jamiroquais first album, Emergency on Planet Earth.

I forgot their name. Something about funk or something.

was it the recent tour with polyphia?

Tim Hecker. Best gig I've been to

death grips philly 10/14
best show i've been to, hands down

my little brother playing drums in the middle school jazz band

Metalcore/pop punk show when I was 15.
It was fucking garbage and I couldn't hear anything, it was just like listening to a submerged speaker.
Saw parkway drive but they're fucking garbage/

shitty punk band at an antifa hippie co op house. it's lit but they don't know i'm a trump guy ;)

Saw Blanck Mass opening for Slowdive.
Forgot my earplugs but avoided bleeding eardrums so it's all good. Really intense night.

I saw their show in Minnesota. The worst part of the show was this junior highschool girl who kept screaming "yes daddy" and "Fuck yeah daddy" while mac was playing. I wanted to punch her in her fat little stomach. The funny part is that her mom was there the entire time fucking around on an iwatch

I just saw Queens of the Stone Age. They played a good set but the acoustics of the venue were terrible.

Matt Wilson quartet, was pretty great

This Is Not This Heat in May. It was unbelievable.

can't remember.
live shows are always shit.
annoying people and everything costs too much.

Lil Yachty

It was pretty lit. I don't even like rap that much but the vibes were sick. I got grinded on by some chick and I memed out when he played Look At Me for some reason

First up a band called Cakefight, they were okay, they were a duo, a guy singing and playing guitar and a girl playing drums and also sometimes singing.

After them was Rathead who were really good, again a duo, 2 dudes this time, they invited one of the guys from the headlining band (Who they did a split EP with this year) to sing on a song that might have been a cover but I didn't recognise it. They were great.

Then came Viral Eyes. Not too bad, except they had literally a transvestite who did nothing but jump and flail around on stage with a tambourine. Really took a lot away from the performance but they would have been pretty good without him.

And the headliners, Kill Dirty Youth, one of my favourite bands. The show was because two of them have their birthdays so it was like a party show and their set was WILD. Probably one of the craziest shows I've been to. One of the birthday boys, the lead vocals guy from before, played with a sock on his junk in an attempted Frusciante reference but it fell off and he just played most of the show naked. Everyone was moshing, it was a small room, a great time had by all.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Meh

Pixies. They were ok. The bassist’s vocals were shit but besides that it was fine

Lucky fuck

>no nazis

no thanks

Dinosaur Jr in Massachusetts. It was great. Great set and great sound, what else can I say?

I really don't remember. I think it was Brand New in Tennessee a couple of years ago.

It was a ton of fun. Got to stand near the very front. Started with You Won't Know and some lady couldn't handle getting shoved around and flipped her absolute shit. Security had to pull her out, lol. Daisy was relatively new and I hadn't listened to it, so I couldn't sing along to a few songs. Stumbled into a dumb little push-pit on Mixtape, of all songs, and I got my lip busted by some dude's skull.

SWANS
LOUD

Elder used to be my roommates ama

Saw Boris when they came through playing Pink, fucking good show
I don't get out that often because I live in the middle of nowhere and most acts I want to see skip me over

you're going to bad shows then

Neck yourself, skinhead trash.

Some local dream pop band that an acquaintance of mine is in, opener was goth dance music. Was pretty decent. Before that was Fleet Foxes which were only okay, and only a week before that was Flaming Lips which was a blast.

Next show is front row center to Jesus and Mary Chain

Only bands I've seen live are dinosaur jr, neutral milk hotel and pixies. I was going to see ween last year but I went into treatment

Tricot in London, good performance, shit venue and soundsystem

saw Cigarettes After Sex in nyc here about 10 days ago. Thought it'd be a cool show to smoke a j and chill out to. But how wrong was I. Super depressing, and they had this projection behind them of a girl crying. All around bummer and the aesthetic just seemed so off, in a artistically bad way. I was starting to doubt the whole thing. My friend and I wondered aloud, why would anyone be here? Is this Christian rock or something? We left after a few songs. Never have done that before.

I saw Nekromantix finally a few days ago. It was a good show, I got right upfront in the front row. Kim can really play that thing

Saw Jarboe and Father Murphy this month. It was pretty nice.

Sublime with Rome and the Offspring at shoreline it was alright.

Weezer in Houston

solid show, i didn't care for the theatrics of it but they didn't detract

k. flay opened, came in for the last song and was immediately sorry i missed her; some one hit wonder banned played in between and they sucked ass honestly, they completely played off of banter and dancing around rather than the actual music - "take it all back" or some shit was their only well known song

Boris. it was a great performance even though it was mostly songs I wasn't particularly fond of in studio form

Holy shit, saw Blanck Mass like a month ago and almost went deaf. Didn’t think I’d need earplugs for that one.

Also,
>he opened for Slowdive
wut?

>private Chance the Rapper show
jazzy, he's a terrible lyricist and mediocre rapper for the most part, but a terrific bandleader

>A$AP Mob
most energetic show I've been a part of since Nine Inch Nails

ye

For me it was and it was fun as hell, going to Jeff Rosenstock this friday and possibly Boris on Halloween.

last one i went to was my friends band at this shitty bar

on friday im gonna go see tony macalpine at this other shitty bar right down the street though, that will be pretty sweet

nice dude

Are they that bad live, i nearly got tickets.

idk man, it could have just been us and the state of mind. other ppl seemed into it.

Same, saw them back in May when they came to Aus. Was so fucking loud and so fucking good.

This

>going to shows

why would you waste time standing around listening to inferior versions of music when you could be discovering new stuff? i have no clue why its such a popular thing

>muh pole booger man
Fuck off reddit.

Neutral Milk Hotel about a year ago. Loved it. The older I get the less patience I have for concerts.

>he opened for Slowdive
Yeah it took me by surprise. Really glad I got to see him though.

pomona? i was there

Alvvays. It was great.

screaming females about a week ago, it was pretty awesome, street eaters, who they're touring with are pretty good live but I'm not a huge fan of them otherwise

Saint Etienne
good show but Sarah was sick and the last time I saw them it was so perfect that I don't think this time could ever live up

Got to see Gorillaz, Danny Brown, Thundercat, Mark Ronson, and Kaytranada at the 3 points festival this past weekend. It was an amazing weekend :')

adam ant
I stood way up at the top/back and danced freely
youtube.com/watch?v=TUkTjxLJk_U

this

amazing

Nick Cave

Was really really good, especially Jubilee Street

saw Lil Peep, was a waste of $20

Saw Kazumoto Endo amongst others live yesterday. I hope I can hear again some day, but it was pretty cool.

Dave Brubeck went to watch him in the Khayam cinema in Baghdad May 8 1958, Paul Desmond was ill and Brubeck played his solos on piano.

Shit was cash.
t. time traveler.

t. time traveler.

Queens of the stone age at Stage AE
Show was fucking great, good set and everything. But Josh seemed smashed. At one point out of nowhere he just went and tipped over Troy's lap steel/rig and I don't think QOTSA have ever been a big stage destruction band honestly so it just seemed kind of awkward

My friend asked me if I wanted to work on the Sting gig last Sunday, so I agreed, wanted to get some cash and lift heavy shit, see what goes into making a top notch corporate gig. We watched Sting almost all the way, and when it was time for us to go and help out his crew, our manager told us to and help out the video guy, so we watched the rest of the show from the footage that was being recorded.
It was pretty alright, not a Sting fan, but he's holding up pretty good for his age. He's a Momcore type of guy, but it was pretty good. To be honest, I just wanted to hear Message In A Bottle and that was it, it's probably one of my favorite songs.
His crew was nice and very professional for the most part, very patient with youngsters, even if we'd fuck something up, except for the video guy, he's a total fucking douchebag.
So yeah, Sting, it was decent, didn't really plan on going but I went anyway.

>not a Sting fan
>wanted to hear Message In A Bottle
>it's probably one of my favorite songs

make up your fucking mind

Do you have that one song that you really really like but never had the interest of digging into an artist's catalog?
For me to say that I'm a Sting fan, I have to be at least aware of his hits, and I've never heard Englishman In New York prior to the gig, I recognized the main riff from one of his other hits from a Nas song that sampled it. That's as far as my Sting knowledge goes, which is not much.
MIAB is special to me because I played the hell out of that song when I discovered my dad's record player in the basement, I would put my ear to the record (I wasn't sure how to hook it up to the speakers) and be so happy that I managed to get this thing to work, so it sticks with me to this day. It's also a very fun guitar riff to play.
Hope that makes sense.

I saw Planning for Burial this summer in SF. It made my year.

>Kazumoto Endo
where?

you deserve to have you money taken faggot

Zurich, Switzerland. He's touring through Europe with MAAAA, Facialmess, Purgist and Gordon Ashworth atm. Facialmess and MAAAA were also great

saw jeff rosenstock in camden, was pretty good but he didn't like people getting a lil bit violent in the crowd, kept stopping to say something. Good show though at the end he quickly went through the entirety of WORRY

Dweezil Zappa only playing Frank songs, great show.

Fuck you OP. Saying the word live when Gord Downie just fucking died. BURN IN HELL!!

>slowdive
Good show, played plenty of the back catalogue while doing loads of the new material, the pints weren't too expensive either, would've seen Blankc Mass opening but I couldn't get down in time
>seeing GY!BE again soon
>One before was Black Angels

I assume Manchester? Shame you couldn't make Blanck Mass his set was loud as fuck.
Wanted to go see GY!BE too this month but not enough money for it unfortunately.

Saw Boris in SF last week, it was LOUD. Awesome show

Elder

The show was great but the venue was overcrowded af

Chicago? I was there last night too bb

>tricot may never come back to the US

Saw The Melvins a few weeks ago in Omaha, great show.

nah Nijmegen the Netherlands, gig was last Juli

Saw Sound of Ceres on Monday. Was a really great show, truly a visual spectacle. And the set list was really good, plus I bought a shirt and talked with Karen for a little bit. Good times.

Zola Jesus on Monday, she is awesome live

Mac Demarco in nyc
It was pretty good and I had 18 year old college freshmen girls hitting on me the whole time
I just bought tickets to see Animal Collective perform Sung Tongs in december