34 year old

> 34 year old
> kissless virgin
> no friends
> bad relationship with family
> no career, minimum wage job
> chronic illness

How do I get my life back under control?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Sayings-Anecdotes-Popular-Moralists-Classics/dp/0199589240/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1516740619&sr=8-2&keywords=diogenes
amazon.co.uk/Cynic-Philosophers-Diogenes-Penguin-Classics/dp/0141192224/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516740619&sr=8-1&keywords=diogenes
amazon.co.uk/Tao-Ching-Classics-Lao-Tzu/dp/014044131X/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1516741439&sr=8-14&keywords=tao te
amazon.co.uk/Book-Chuang-Tzu/dp/014045537X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1516741459&sr=8-2&keywords=chuang tzu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

By killing yourself. Fucking waste of oxygen

Give me a few years.

Read Diogenes and the cynics, the taoists and the stoics.

Start with Seneca, Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu

> kissless virgin
Make a move nigga
> no friends
> bad relationship with family
These arent problems, they are blessings.
> no career, minimum wage job
What do you like doing? Money isnt what will make you happy, a purpose will tho.

I've read Seneca, Marcus Aurelius. Is there actually a lot beyond aphorisms and short anecdotes available from Diogenes?

>What do you like doing? Money isnt what will make you happy, a purpose will tho.

Yeah. I already went through that phase and got a degree in molecular biology (the subject which most interested me). Turns out, purpose is not enough. You actually need to have some talent.

Good man. Diogenes Laetius, his name sake, recorded a lot attributed to him. These are good and give good introductions to the wider school;-

amazon.co.uk/Sayings-Anecdotes-Popular-Moralists-Classics/dp/0199589240/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1516740619&sr=8-2&keywords=diogenes

amazon.co.uk/Cynic-Philosophers-Diogenes-Penguin-Classics/dp/0141192224/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516740619&sr=8-1&keywords=diogenes

The Taoists are sublime, in particular Chuang Tzu.

I also quite like Eckhart Tolle - he has an insipid reputation as 'self help' shit but he actually codifies a lot of chinese/buddhist thinking in modern terms without losing the weight of it, and with the addition of psychology. There's elements of new age in it that irritate me, but he's overall impressive.

Psychology is also a good idea - start with the Basic Writings of Freud if you can get it - it's around 1000 pages but surprisingly readable - then Jung and possibly Lacan.

On the political front, Julius Evola is fascinating albeit sometimes crazy, as is Slavoj Zizek.

One of the most simple and profound things I encountered in all of this is simple letting go. Surrendering to the present moment. These words will most likely be meaningless to you now and seem cliched or pretentious, but they are not. A bowl is most useful when it is empty.

>Good man. Diogenes Laetius, his name sake, recorded a lot attributed to him. These are good and give good introductions to the wider school;-
>amazon.co.uk/Sayings-Anecdotes-Popular-Moralists-Classics/dp/0199589240/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1516740619&sr=8-2&keywords=diogenes
>amazon.co.uk/Cynic-Philosophers-Diogenes-Penguin-Classics/dp/0141192224/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516740619&sr=8-1&keywords=diogenes

Ordered.

Beyond that, I am more into moral philosophy from an analytical point of view. Derek Parfit and Bernard Williams are among my favourites,.

>Turns out, purpose is not enough. You actually need to have some talent.
With talent comes money. Again, dont focus on that. Find something you like doing and only worry about making yourself better at that. I honestly miss being a poor grad student...best days of my life...

you never will. or you will learn to adapt. To turn that wheel over and over every single day. Only the successful do that.

>I honestly miss being a poor grad student...best days of my life...

Me too. Me too. Even though I made more as a doctoral student than I make now.

heh, I tend more towards the continentals but I admit I've yet to make a serious study of Analytical stuff. Have added both of yours to the list.

I find one of the traps of philosophy is the tendency towards analysis of morality/etc without anything other than a theoretical framework in regards the cultivation of the individual. I found myself with a great knowledge of theories, but nothing that would take root in myself. Taoism and psychology were the foundation stone of all my subsequent discipline because they are a return to absolute basics;- they deal with the self.

amazon.co.uk/Tao-Ching-Classics-Lao-Tzu/dp/014044131X/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1516741439&sr=8-14&keywords=tao te

amazon.co.uk/Book-Chuang-Tzu/dp/014045537X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1516741459&sr=8-2&keywords=chuang tzu

These are good editions, though I have a soft spot for Arthur Waley's The Way of Power.

It may also be a good idea to have brief overview of chinese history but I'll leave that to you - the introductions to both are probably sufficient.

Ok, so you wake up, do the 3 S's, go to work and then what? What does user do with free time?

Mostly sports (esp. climbing / bouldering + gym atm), reading, cooking, video games.

So you're a (mostly) /out/ kinda guy then? Shit go teach nols. If you can climb and tie knots, its right up your alley.

Throw away all your electronics and make yourself go outside for fun

I live in a large city in a flat part of Germany, so it's the gym for me most of the times.

Start running.... couch to 5k programme to get started

That is no excuse. Nols has classes in germany and you could always get a passport (or what ever they call them there).

I do run regularly, especially in the summer. However, I now rather devote my time to climbing / bouldering or the gym.

Do they? I didn't find anything just yet.

My dad taught nols outside of bugerland, My best friend and I did it in brazil...maybe they dont teach in germany but since you dont have a ball and chain or friends and your family doesnt care about you pick up and move!

Fuck'n hell, teach other people how to climb and tie knots. When you're on the face of cliff does money matter? Fuck no! What matters is how many people have stepped on my rope, and that better be zero.

>Fuck'n hell, teach other people how to climb and tie knots. When you're on the face of cliff does money matter? Fuck no! What matters is how many people have stepped on my rope, and that better be zero.

Maybe, this could be an option. I will check that out.

Best of luck user. I wish you well.

OP why are you a kissless virgin? Are you ugly? Shy around girls?

>kissless virgin
go to speed dating joints or clubs and shit like that
>no friends
find social groups on normiebook that have the same interests as you and try to get to know people more. Invite people to events and shit that you arrange
>bad relationship with family
honestly this is something you just have to face sooner or later. Unless your family is actively unhealthy to reconcile with like they raped you or some shit then you should try your best to reconnect with them or you'll regret it for the rest of your life
>no career, minimum wage job
that job should be a startup job, it's a deadend job but you have experience in that job now. Start looking for similar positions but higher up in other companies, that or ask for promotions do not be afraid, its expected of you.
>chronic illness
go to the doctors and take your meds. If you dont have money and live in murica then get fukt nerd

Have you been to a shrink yet ?

A good professional can help. You have to try a few before finding a good one.

Once you managed to get a grip on your mental issue, you can start improving yourself : better job, achieving things outside of job, building confidence by achieving things. Then you can open up to stranger, and get friend.

At this point you can find a gf.

I'm a recovering alcoholic, with anxiety neurosis, and i have a gf, i'm my own boss and i've managed to get a grip after therapy.

Just get help from a professional.

Unless you are american of course, then you are fucked because your doctor are a fraud and you can't have access to them since your poor and you should either kill yourself or emigrate to a 1st world country

>OP why are you a kissless virgin? Are you ugly? Shy around girls?

Socially retarded. Devoid of charm and personality. Awkward and dull.

I did CBT sessions for depression twice.

how cock and ball torture is going to fix your problem ?