Japan wants to build a high-speed passenger railroad between Houston and Dallas. They say they'll do it for free...

Japan wants to build a high-speed passenger railroad between Houston and Dallas. They say they'll do it for free, but only if they get to own the line and the bullet trains.

They're also thinking about salvaging the high-speed rail project in California, and maybe the existing HSR line between DC and Boston.

Is any of this a good idea?

>private anything being built

commies will whine about it

do it, it's the free market in action after all regardless if it's a government that's building it or a big company as long as it makes profits and serves a purpose i say do it

If I was a big guy like Trump i'd be financing plenty of projects like those

It sounds like a great idea, but sadly like FPBP said, commies will shout out against it and try to paint it as an eco crime or some shit. But really nice gesture from Japan. They may just be trying to suck up for continued military support in the area with China being a royal cunt about their sea.

If they can manage it so that it doesn't get overrun by minorities, then great.
Otherwise it's just a waste.

>american infrastructure being owned by a foreign nation
What could possibly go wrong?

Japan is building trains in America?

WTF I love Japan now!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEE

>public transportation being built

Liberoads will whine about it

Breh, this is Texas.

This is a fucking stellar idea. People not from Texas don't really realize how big our state is. Right now to get from Dallas to Houston is either a $270 plane ticket or a 4 hour drive

And if I could get to Houston in an hour, hell, even two hours, you could take day trips to the beach.

I welcome our slant eyed overlords. The train would be awesome though, for realz.

The Japs have an excellent rail system and the bullet has a flawless safety record. Average delay time on a 400 mile route is 36 seconds. This is a good deal.

You fags can build another next to it if you want your own.

They neglect it, we take it

>implying Americans know how to run high-speed rail

Yeah no

LoL, gas is cheap now we don't need a chink scheme. and hyperloop is coming soon.

Nah, Elon's hyperloop will be out in 10 years and BTFO the entire transport industry. Build a line of the Bering Strait and you have a connection to China, with tube-trains going nearly 1200mph, cheaper and faster than air, and destroys the shipping industry

high speed trains are awesome, do it.

[citation needed] or it never happened, nigger

Japan is really getting fucked by the globalists right now. They lost an Australian submarine contract and they are desperate to stimulate their economy in any way they can. Their currency is being attacked to push them towards social unrest and rearmament in the event of a Trump win and a need to start an Asian war as a pretext to assassinate him.

Absolutely if they also build one from LA to Las Vegas

I'll chip in $100

Prease oh grorious nippon prease fix my infrastructuru

The i35 between dallas and san antonio is a fucking hellhole

why would anyone be against this other than the nimbies and people who own buisness along I-45

Both dallas and houston have interstate airports

They should build it from SA to Dallas

Only if they decorate them with anime like they do in japan.

I'd rather Japan do it than China.

Southwest Airlines is against the idea. It's kind of ironic because Southwest started out as a flight service for the Triangle cities and went through legal hell to branch out to other states.
Fucking A it is

They don't really do that.
You have commercials though

What's the problem?

Fuck yes. I'm moving to Houston and my fiancees family lives in the DFW area so that would be nice. The only good thing about those drives is that you get to stop at Buc-ee's. But their kolaches suck pretty hard.

Oddly enough, both Dallas and Houston are home to two of the largest anime distributors in the country.

Fucking do it. America needs more high-tech infrastructure. Roads in Texas are dogshit and will fuck up your suspension within a year.

>japan builds rail system and new trains
>grand opening day
>fury as americans cant fit through train doors, into train seats
>turns out the entire thing was a billion dollar prank to remind americans that theyre lardasses

Same. It would also bring in a ton more tourism $$

>Think this is great idea
>realize it'll be shit because America is not a homogeneous society and minorities will ruin the train or mudslimes will blow it up

>Breh, this is Texas.

Are you faggots not expected to pay a toll for driving on a highway that cuts across other, older highways? Sounds like some commie shit to me.

Texas roads are alright. OK has shit roards

Source? Except a picture of a train & a text I don't see any source for that.

Better them than fucking China. Maybe we can't stop other countries from buying up everything, but atleast the Japanese won't rip us off

Toll roads in Austin were built & owned by a Spanish company. They took for-fucking-ever to build those roads. I would expect Japan to have its shit together better than an Euro contractor.