Anyone else feeling "old" like there is not much time left? Especially when we're considered young with 25?

Anyone else feeling "old" like there is not much time left? Especially when we're considered young with 25?

I mean it scares me pretty much

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

im 24 and feel old. everyone is so fucking hipster or stuck up. its disgusting.

I'm 19 and have been having this feeling a lot lately OP.

32 here. Go live your life, kids.
inb4 someone older tells me the same thing.

Get married and have kids and fill your life with a million responsibility you’d rather not have...then every day seems like an eternity and you look forward to death.

BTW, I’m 47.

just imagine the future world we could living in. A look to the stars frees always your mind.
stay courious

I think it's because our attention is mostly online and that the biggest group online are 12-20 year olds.
Therefore you're considered old by these standards. You can't just open an Instagram account and post content that appeals to 12-20 years olds. Therefore you'll feel like a 60 year old in real-life who can't get attention from

Exactly. If your calendar isn't fool you get all the shitty thoughts and worries

Listen up, shitbirds. I'm going to tell you a story.

Get off your ass and do things. Go places you've never been. Show your dick to a woman in person! Not in a text! Quit starting WWYD threads. You're not homos...act like it. Life is tough and it's tougher if you're stupid.

I just turned 20 on Sunday and am spooked knowing a quarter of my life is gone

says the man who got facelift surgery

>show your dick to a woman in person
I'd rather not go to jail, but thanks anyway.

The best quarter too. It's all downhill from there.

>courious

>I'm going to tell you a story.

nice story bro

Noooooooooooooooo

You must have had a good childhood.

that was a terrible story
actually, it wasnt even a story!

Not really, just a shitty adulthood.

I'm 19 and working towards this with each passing day

Dude it's like you're me.

I think what people aren't getting is that OP isn't trying to say he feels like a grown up. He's saying that he feels his mortality and is scared of dying, even at a young age.

Cause I totally get you, OP, cause I feel the same. Hell I'm 22 and I feel like I don't have much time left, even though I do. All I gotta say is live in the present and don't worry so much.

I'm 52 and feel younger than I ever have. When you're young you have WAAAY more stress than you will as you get older.

Young people think that you have to worry about growing old alone. That's pretty much impossible unless your a total dickweed to everyone you meet.

As you get older you have more money, more free time, less responsibility and more friends of better quality, You just have to survive middle age.

BTW, I also have the most sex I have ever had in my life and that's saying something since I have always had lots of sex since middle school.

>Young people think that you have to worry about growing old alone. That's pretty much impossible unless your a total dickweed to everyone you meet.

I really hope there is truth to this phrase cause I could really use this in my life right now. That's my biggest fear.

Sometimes I forget I can actually go outside and do stuff since I'm so caught up in my daily routine of the same shit over and over and over, ever feel that way?

Me too man

I'm 40 married with 2 kids and this is absolutely true. Every day I pray a bus hits me.

Im 30 and Im scared to tell my real age in public. been doing this for years. also I can´t look myself in the mirror because of how "old" I got. been trying to kill myself since I turned 25 so no, you're not the only one.

How the hell do you get more free time as you get older? I'm 32 and spend all my time working. I'll presumably continue to do that until I retire. What magic free time generator have you found as you got older?

It's all a cycle to me. I do the same shit every day all day.

Im almost 100% sure, if you would've smth like this you would spend more time in living in the presence than thinking about getting or feeling old

life sucks. it's the end of the world and i just can't wait.

As you get older you gain more and more skills. Which means you get paid more. My kids just left the house a few years ago. Now my paycheck is all mine, except what I choose to give away.

I only work 40 hours per week, and frequently take days or weeks off because I can afford it.

You get better at living life the longer you live it. That includes getting better at meeting people, building friendships and doing business.

At 31 you are in the thick of it. At 52, you are in the clear and your experience does all the work.

¿Why the fuck would I do this?

What really bothers me is not getting older but beeing less efficient

mostly in mindwork

When I was in my 20's I thought that pairing up with someone and settling down was the most important thing I could do. I was very afraid of growing old alone. Over time I came to realize that I was much happier by myself with lots of friends, some with benefits. As I relaxed and began to enjoy my life, I got many offers to settle down.

It wasn't for me. Still, I ended up with 3 foster kids, and now I have 2 grandbabies. I couldn't be happier.

I'm not even close to being lonely. I value my alone time. I also know that within minutes I could find someone to hang out with. Or, even better, I can make a new friend out of the next person I meet.

If you're lonely on a planet with 7.5 billion people, it's only because you don't believe in yourself. Trust me, you are more interesting than you think. Someone out there is just waiting to meet you and become friends.

That's just a symptom of depression and not occupying your time with meaningful activity. You'd be amazed how "young" you suddenly feel with just one decent routine-breaking adventure.

35 here

go hang yourself, please. Your entire generation is a bunch of hopeless sandy vaginas.

tf is this fried green tomatoes shit

starry-eyed idealist

I'm just sharing my experience. I am not asking you or anyone else to change. If you feel that you're life is great, then just keep doing what you're doing. I'm just being honest about my experience and outlook. Not everyone is satisfied by hating themselves and others.

I've never seen the movie. I'll have to take your word for it.

You are far too positive and lucid to be hanging out here.

Happy for you user, you seem like a chilled person. how old are you? and have you raised the kids by yourself?

I am fascinated by people. I don't want to just see the rosy side of life. I want to see all of it. I grew up dirt poor, true white trash. I've met my share of assholes.
But I have learned that basically everyone wants the same thing. They just want to matter.

When you are genuinely interested in someone else, not for selfish "I want them for myself" reasons, but honestly wanting nothing more than to get to know a little more about them, then they matter.

People are naturally friendly. They learn to be afraid because they have been hurt. You can unlearn that too. People can only hurt you if you let them. Right now, you anons could unleash a tirade at me, it would not lower my self image in the slightest. I have nothing to fear because I would not value those mean words.

I am happy because I love myself and that gives me the power to decide whose opinion I value and whose I can ignore.

I can relate, OP.
I'm 33 years old. my brother died at 40. No word yet from the coroner how he died. It's a bummer.

This movie, it would be perfect for you and some here on this board, makes you reflect on what you are doing with your life and what you could do if you decided to go another way.
There are endless possibilities in this way

I'm 52. I sort of raised them by myself. The youngest was 11 when he came to live with me. On the plus side, I didn't have to change diapers or pay for daycare. On the other side, I had to deal with damaged teens. In the end, it was worth every painful, hurtful, nervous minute.

>Posting Deus Ex dystopia as optimistic future world.

I'm 25 and feel ancient and irrelevant, I seriously just can't keep up with shit anymore

It gets worse the older you get. Younger people will look like dumbasses in your eyes. You will forever miss your youth

Thanks user. I am going to look for it.

What? That's not my experience at all. How old are you?

You see yourself in young people. Your old way of thinking. Your fresh ideas unrestrained by experience. Older people need the fresh vision of youth. Youth need the experience and wisdom of elders. We should be hanging out together, not separated.

There should be after life for people like you. you’re awesome.

I really appreciate that. We don't need an afterlife, we have real life. Heaven or hell, it's right here. It's your choice. Minute by minute, day by day, you build your experiences. And trust me, the bad ones are just as important as the good ones. The secret is to learn to appreciate ALL of it.

>Im 30 and Im scared to tell my real age in public
what really sucks is playing vidya. everyone is 15 i dont even want to talk in voice chat bc im obviously a grown ass man...

Exactly.

It's always sad when someone young dies. I'm sure you are missing him. I don't think you should worry about a link between his death and yours. You each made hundreds of different decisions each day. Even being related, even if you were identical twins, your outlook, your diet and your other life choices would make you very distinct people.

I'm 25 and yeah it feels weird knowing that its been almost 6 years since I graduated high school. A lot of my old classmates are starting their new careers, getting married, buying homes, having kids and going on vacations.

And I'm just here struggling in college, working a shit bar tending job and jerking off to milfs.

It sounds like you're afraid to grow up. You can keep your inner child, but you also need to let the man live.

who asked you, you fucking faggot? i like vidya. piss off

Ok, wait, bartending, going to college and jerking off to milfs is your idea of a bad day???

Spoken like a 15yo. And you did ask by posting in a public forum. Your anger only reveals that I have hit on the truth.

im not even angry. im calling you a fag and telling you to piss off because you're trying to say i should stop playing video games. kill yourself

I can also assume that you still live at home. Honestly, your life is going to suck until you get past your fear of failure and make a real effort at becoming independent.

32 here.

Enjoy life while you can, if you're younger.
Also, winter's coming. Be prepared.

God help you if you're like my roomie and bitching about brewing coffee at Starbucks at age 35. Don't fucking do that.

I didn't say you should stop playing video games. I said that you can keep your inner child, but you also have to become a responsible adult. And why are you so angry or afraid of gay people?

nigger, you don't know one thing about me except for the fact that i play video games. i dont live at home im a grown ass man with a career and shit. go fuck yourself, you fucking faggot cunt. if you weren't telling me not to play vidya what he fuck were you trying to say? jesus you're fucking dumb

I can only hope so. Thanks, user.

It'll get worse.

But upside is, as you grow older, you start to give a shit less.

For better or worse.

>married with kids

fucking normies. literally WHY

Because you'll whine about them, but sooner or later you'll either be forced to be like them, at least externally, or die broke and alone while holding onto your autistic ways.

>As you get older you gain more and more skills

>meanwhile most people above the age of 45 can't use a computer and think anyone under 30 is a "millennial"

>think anyone under 30 is a "millennial"
well, user...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

Well being that I have a inoperable brain tumor, I can say I’m as old as I’ll ever get

Ok, If you think that anyone reading this convo thinks that I am the dumb one, then you have no grip on reality.

If you are a "grown ass man", then you are a very unhappy and immature one. This probably explains your inability to form meaningful relationships with people your own age, as you yourself stated.

You would probably be happier if you spent less time with teens, online or otherwise, and more time with people your own age. It will be tough for you at first since you aren't experienced with adult conversations, but over time you will adjust.

Of course it's your life. You are certainly free to keep on doing what you are doing, but you've already stated that you aren't happy. If you don't like something, change it. Otherwise, accept it and move on.

I am in the computer business, but I certainly dont get into all of these new phone apps and websites.
> anyone under 30 is a "millennial"
This is true. Isn't it?

t. almost 48

I'm 52 and a software engineer. Your life is what you make it. I have friends of all ages. I always have and always will.

The important question is, how do you feel about the life you've lived?

Something like those between, what was it, 23 and 37?*

But honestly, who keeps up with that shit?

>as you yourself stated.
i never said anything like that, retard.

also i didnt ask for your gay-ass advice. fuck off.

>you've already stated that you aren't happy

i didnt say that either. are you reading the right thread? god your fucking idiot

>If you don't like something, change it. Otherwise, accept it and move on.

motherfucker, the only thing i said i dont like is i play vidya and everyone is 15 and they can tell im a grown ass man when i talk. i cant change that they are 15 and obviously i already "moved on" in that im not gonna quit playing fucking video games because the other players are younger.

tbh idk where you are coming up with most of this shit or why you are replying to me. you're a fucking moron and your reading comprehension is poor. hopefully you're really old so you just die soon

Hey asshole, this is not a good place for introspection.

Partly because I've hit middle age, am balding, and I'm losing friends daily, losing memories, my grandpa died from Alzheimers this year...

Know what
brb

>I'm 52 and a software engineer. Your life is what you make it. I have friends of all ages. I always have and always will.
>I have friends of all ages. I always have and always will.
>I have friends of all ages.
>all ages

Once again you have brought gay into the conversation, but added "ass" this time.

You said that you are ashamed of your age because you are 30 and they are teens. You should really reflect on that. Perhaps your own psyche is giving you a hint that your social time is not healthy for your age.

You are clearly an unhappy person. Even if you aren't aware of it. Also, you might want to go ahead and experiment with that "gay ass" "faggot" stuff that finds it's way into most of your sentences.

I may die tomorrow. Who knows. Regardless, I am sure that I have enjoyed more of this world than most people can ever dream of.

yeup

Wasted. I was going to college to achieve my life goals but now I’m in limbo. Haven’t been married, had kids, never got to experience a real job, or take a cross country road trip. Really depresses me beyond belief but then I think of what’ll come after, and maybe, just maybe, be born into a more advanced time

Someone with an inoperable brain tumor would not care about balding or being middle aged. I actually knew someone who died of a brain tumor at 22. She was beautiful and extremely peaceful I was struck by it.

>You said that you are ashamed of your age because you are 30 and they are teens.
no i didnt. can you even fucking read?

>Once again you have brought gay into the conversation
you're the one bringing the gay, fag

>You are clearly an unhappy person.
cuz im cursing you out for being a stupid fag with no point and a dumbass who cant read?

>I may die tomorrow
i swear to you god if you make this one wish come true i will devote my life to your son jesus christ. please strike this homo down so that he may take all his stupid "advice" (or whatever it is he's posting) to his grave

Criminy

As a Buddhist, I don't believe that what we perceive as the Universe is real. Only your experiences are real. Just like when you play a video game, although the world and characters are not real, the experience is.

I am sure that your life is full of experiences. That's all any life ever really has. Your life has just as much meaning as anyone else's regardless of length.

It sounds like you regret all the things you didn't get to do. I am sure that is how most people feel at the end of their life, regardless of age.

You aren't gone yet. And often the unexpected does happen. Knowing that your time is limited should free you up to go and experience as much as possible. Of course, that's true for everyone, we just forget it.

Now I can't believe that you are any older than 15. You had me going though.

gg, faggot. should have just pissed off when i told you to the first time you replied to me

That peaceful is only achieved by inevitability.

You've also probably seen the despair and dread that came before that phase?

Yet, you still replied to me, every time. And in every post you mention homosexuals. To me, it's a clear cry for help.

You don't have to hate yourself or gay people. It's ok for you to love them and yourself.

ur a fag and you're a dumbass. you can't even read and everything you said was basically retarded. just shut up already

No, I met her after her diagnosis and shortly before she passed. I was only 28 at the time. I didn't think I would ever understand how anyone could be that peaceful. I do get it now.

i feel old like there's too much time left

working full time week in week out really paints for nihilistic existential horror

Go to hell!