/daily/ - "what is that boomerang?" Edition

benis in bagina :DDDDD

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QVbBXhea6mI
youtu.be/824qucgbbWo
youtu.be/73NAyeXepy0
youtu.be/Inudscjr4QQ
goodreads.com/book/show/9345.Palestine
youtube.com/watch?v=j-5Q7yuaXjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

quit mocking me

first for aneurysm

Ok I made up my mind new King Krule is good

the more sleep deprived the better

awesome, glad to have u back around

anyone put this on r/Sup Forums yet?

never

Imagine you died of an aneurysm and your son with a speech impediment tells everyone you died of an anus rhythm

Have been going through a lot of the backlog. Really like Count Basie.

Eheh, that was pretty funny.

Trying to decide if I should take up namefagging, all the cool kids are doing it

Kim Hiorthoy - Hei
>idm
Almost feels like if Endless Summer by Fennesz got a Four Tet remix. It's nice to see an IDM album that manages to go into downtempo, chill-out territory without becoming uninteresting. Some of the short interlude tracks feel a little unnecessary, and the album as a whole maybe could've been pruned a bit, though. The tracks tend to lack a sense of tension and release, which makes them meander a little, but that's hard to fault in a sense because it's sort of inherent to the style. Love the string sample on Forskjellige Gode Ting, and Giving and Taking Book does a good job of changing things up as the album gets on in minutes. Great stuff.
8/10

tfw will never have penis vain run through my entire torso

WASTE

OF

LIFE!

YOU'RE A WASTE

OF

LIFE!

Totally doable if you're short and the dude's dick is a foot long

i can make this happen

no i said quit

stay classy /daily/

lads why is stgstv the perfect "disenchanted nostalgic college student" album

>Almost feels like if Endless Summer by Fennesz got a Four Tet remix.
I'm sold

This is no joking matter

been doing some important reading

To clarify, it's less fuzzy and textured than Endless Summer but it gives me the same kinda vibe. Endless Summer is so goddamn good though

i was there

wdsmbt

n-nani?!

good album!

Yeah decent. Jazzy, somewhat artsy, very strong hip-hop influence, like he dug atrocity exhibition. Haven't dug much king krule in the past, but I'll spend a little more time with this long album

Doing a tourney
Pick one of the albums that aren't crossed out, I've heard some of these already but I don't remember anything about them
And someone give me a 16 man template (or 32 man if there is sufficient demand - invite your friends, family, neighbors, and so on)
Extra credit will be given to those brave enough to pick hip hop, metal or bleeps

Andrew Hill - Point of Departure

brialliant corners

mobb deep - the infamous

Emergency & I

through silver in blood

Paranoid

Joanna newsom - Have One On Me

Spirit They've Gone
here's my poorly edited 16 man double elim template

post your last fms boys

the lines on this look like the visual representstion of an autechre song

Music Has the Right to Children

This is also a tourney?
Jim O'Rouke - The Visitor

meant to respond to letov
no new tourney from me

I'm a god

o boy o man

Also this album is /really/ fucking good, something about Messiaen really butters my eggroll.

We're going places

am i the frog

Of course

dumb frogposter

FISH show ur gf this

Black foliage

amazing

Beach House - Bloom (2012)
>dream pop, indie pop

Teen Dream is better. Beach House is a band that often rests on their laurels to the point of complete stagnation, and that's made really apparent here. The first three tracks are all bright, vivid, melancholic pieces of dream pop, the rest is a humdrum exercise in atmosphere over songwriting, without ever really excelling in either. Love the drum machines, though.

2.0+

The Van Pelt - Sultans of Sentiment (1997)
>midwest emo

The spoken word is too much, even taking into consideration how melodramtic midwest emo usually is. The more standard segments reveal this band's strength in dense, post-rocky instrumentals, blending them perfectly with more haggard, breathless post-hardcore to create something similar to Mineral (outlaw country, singer/songwriter, progressive country

Kristofferson too often lets pop aspirations get the better of him, but the core of this is a comfy, hushed singer/songwriter effort. What impressed me was how often Kristofferson's acting talents shine through in his vocal performances, he injects every song with specific gusto and character, even if the rest of the performances may be a bit too low-key, done better by other performers. Great songwriting, great vocals, the rest leaves a lot to be desired.

his reviews sound so happy, what a cute 57 year old man

Old reviewers are the best, they're always so positive and have interesting insights about the stuff they grew up with
Even grumpy dudes like Grampus are endearing

i'm requesting an avatar change

But that's a rude boy
What do you want instead? I make no promises.

anything that isn't a neckbeard :(

is this it

Fish, do you still have that Rudi weed pic?

Shit, I forgot to mark that one
Got another you like?

hmm

did you like is this it?

Do you have the full Sup Forums essentials pic on hand?

bich i mite

wait what

Here

It was okay

I vaguely remember you had some pic of Rudi for one of your tourneys, I think he was smoking something

ok let me get an astral weeks

y'all do i drop 40 bucks for weird al tickets

no

fuck u i'm doing it anyway

dunno if anons are allowed (probably not) but Sing to God

Is this transgod and/or avant-mathgod and/or Madcap Catchy Girl?

Neither, it's this guy

Okay, give me an image to identify you with because I don't know anything about you

Which Type o album had that anti nigger song on it?

Can do!

rudi? weed?

Relationship of command

Yeah i agree stgstv captures that life better than anything else
S -
T - the
G - monitor
S -
T -
V -

Boomerangs are no fucking joke
my brother was killed in a drive by boomeranging

This me btw pham, laugh at how I am Australian

hey boys still need one or two more slots to get my tourney going, hit me up with a rec if you want in

i want in
Walt Dickerson - Peace

Unironic opinions on this?

I think it's kinda neat:
youtu.be/QVbBXhea6mI
youtu.be/824qucgbbWo
youtu.be/73NAyeXepy0
youtu.be/Inudscjr4QQ

If there's space, Slayer - Reign In Blood

Cosmogramma

lads i am fucking livid

Lividity - used, abused and left for dead

nvm kek i had enough peeps all along
will start tonight

Outkast - Aquemini

mf doom - operation doomsday

here are the matchups for the tourney, gonna start with transgod vs. rudi tomorrow.
??? is a random friend of mine.
i'll drone 10 albums from 1st place and 5 albums from 2nd. yay tourneys

>against Hissing Fauna
aw FUCK
also why haven't you heard that yet, you're really screwing me here

the random number generator has decided your fate
and don't give up yet, i quite like melt-banana

fuck
let love in

and don't you even dare use that stupid clothing store logo as my avatar
i've had enough

Am I retarded if I also can't decipher that album cover? I realize it's of sex but the shapes in it look so vague and non-indicative to me.

Is it weird that I also find this puzzling? I do know about dicks and vaginas but the cover looks so weird it can't be it.

its benis in bagina

uhhm, how are you sure that's what it really is? im conscious about the intercourse related album name but it looks like some sort of joke and not the real thing

Anyone have any good books/documentaries on Israel/Palestine they'd recommend? I don't care about the viewpoint but I'd prefer not wasting my time on ultra zionist bullshit

hmm

This was big when it came out. Former president.
goodreads.com/book/show/9345.Palestine

thanks for the rec! Seems unbiased and I might pick up, even if summaries of the book project it as a tad pro-Israel.

reading the wikipedia article for it now
>the national director of the Anti-Defamation League accused Carter of "engaging in anti-Semitism"
>point number 1 of the book is "The security of Israel must be guaranteed"
>makes it plainly clear he's not accusing Israel of Apartheid

lol fuckin c'mon

I'm not a big fan of "PC culture is ruining this country!!!!1!!!one!!!!1!!!" but if literally just pointing out Israel is killing far more Palestinians than vise-versa is racism we're in for a shitshow for a while

>Israel is killing far more Palestinians than vise-versa
>implying Palestinians exist
>implying it's even true

Yeah, I haven't read it yet. Presidents can't get away with saying anything too challenging or radical though of course (at least pre-Trump)--even if he has been particularly vocal about social issues etc. after being a pretty ineffective president.

JIDF pls go

also why do I near-immediately get a reply every time I make a political-related post? Is it just a trip that goes user or is the /rym/ guy who doxed me following me around still?

not gonna source that claim since it's so easily provable you can research it yourself.

Also, you can argue Palestine doesn't exist, but the people are nationally recognized by almost every nation (except Israel apparently).

Are there any anti-Israel or at least non pro-Israel politicians in the US? I can't think of any at least of those who are well known.

Glad we have a completely 100% totally normal culture where celebs are actively advocating genocide though
youtube.com/watch?v=j-5Q7yuaXjM

Also read an article yesterday about pro and anti Israel celebs. Roger Waters said:
>If Israel works toward equality and actual, real, genuine democracy, with no apartheid or racism infecting the society, then I will go over there and play 'The Wall' again
why would you punish them like that Roger???

I'm dying reading that TMZ headline back

>Subway Jared GOES HAM on LEGENDARY Age of Consent Rant

Free Palestine , up the ra!

Ulver - Bergtatt

Brooo that's hilarious paparazzi were asking Joan Rivers about Israel/Palestine in the first place. That kind of celebrity worship will ruin the world.