Sequels that were better than the original

Sequels that were better than the original

agreed.

that's not fair because I saw Gremlins 2 before the original

Same with T2

>Greddits 2

Teredditor 2

The original Rescuers is so fucking boring I find it unwatchable even as an adult. Most people don't even know there was a first one. This one got overshadowed by Golden Age shit but it was still a solid kid flick.

And the next two films couldn't top it either

I'm convinced they ran out of money halfway through this

Babe 2

aliens

>T2 is reddit tier
>t. numale

This is the truth, mad max 1 was laying the groundwork. Thunderdome was 5 minutes of action, an hour or however long it was of bullshit.

Fury is only considered better due to budget and the passing of time.

The Road Warrior
The Empire Strikes Back

I genuinely prefer the original over road warrior.

pleb af lads

what is it with the pleb retards on this board that like to pretend that any of the original movies are even close to being half as good as the new one? Fury Road is so much better than all 3 of the originals and it's not even close

Dredd

Road Warrior is a film, Fury Road is a flick. You just exposed yourself as pleb.

Batman Returns.

I agree with these

Catwoman was the only good thing about it, really.

My nigga.

What the fuck happened to Barry Sonnenfeld, did wild wild west kill his career?

These are all true.

What was this a sequel to?

>Luke, did i ever told you about the times, when they made capekino?

That would be Men in Black II.

Home Alone 2

>Add Tim Curry
>Less focus on the family missing Kevin
>NYC for the set
>Duncan's Toychest

I've had a lot of people say my opinion is wrong, but damn do I think Lost in New York is better than the first.

Yep, best Catwoman on film. That Halle Berry one was embarrassing.

I have a thing for vinyl because of this god damned movie. And how are you going to hate the origin story of Frank Reynolds?

Just looked at his imdb.

Last movie he made: Nine Lives

Yeeesh!

You're goddamned right.

Fury Road is one of the best made flicks of all time

Road Warrior has aged terribly and is filled with clumsy writing, superficial characterization, and a dragging sense of boredom that is only marginally relieved by the ending sequences

Fury Road is better in every single way conceivable. It is so much better made than the other Mad Max movies that it could only be the most basic plebs who can't recognize actual technical skill due to their plebianism.

Die Hard 2

As far as I'm concerned they're both perfect movies, with the best sci-fi comedy premise ever.

Uhh. No, you're fuckin wrong. Is that you, Renny?

Bride of Frankenstein

Nah man, I'm right it all checks out.
Die Hard 2 is better.

I really do consider it the best comedy sequel of all time, it just builds on what made the first one great, while going in an entirely different direction also the "Medieval England, uh, Iowa" is one of my favorite punchlines in anything. Can't explain why.

nope.

No, but good its own way. It doesnt even work without having the original to parody

Yes

Yes

Not really a sequel but yes

Yes

Fuck no

No

No

You're so wrong.

Try rewatching Fury Road. Then Road Warrior. Fury Road lives and dies by it's action sequences, which lose impact with repeated viewing. It also has a weak script, bland acting and a samey third act.

Road Warrior has some of the best pacing ever seen, more creative designs, a better lead actor, grittier action and the sense of a post-apocalyptic Earth, rather than the post-apocalyptic comic book that was Fury Road.

Dumb babby.

>This hasnt been posted yet

You obviously haven't seen both back to back.

Objectively better

Not really a sequel.

I don't know why, but I hate it when people do posts like this.

that would imply they had money to begin with. It was made by a dude who didn't speak english, wouldn't let the actors go off script, and wrote the script because he was angry his friends were vegetarian. There was really no way it could've been good.

Shot...DAAAAAAAAHHHHN

no

>Sequels
>Posts a remake

An hero

not really better than the original

Problem Child 2.

I agree

This

Indeed

It's basically the same movie, so it comes down to personal taste.
However, the first film feels more organic than the second one as the latter has a lot of random stuff going on. So, to me, it feels less complete than the first film.

The sequel had better jokes (the hotel scene for example), but I found the pidgeon lady to be less impressive than the old neighbour. The old man felt realer (because he is, by design, a more grounded person, obviously) and I could relate to him more. And since he was part of the neighbourhood, it felt more connected.

correct

I liked the first one more, but Returns was pretty good, too.

Thanks for letting us know, retard

I think returns is the perfection of the burton aesthetic. Just the right amount of slightly dark fantasy elements to make you buy into batman, and the villains. Also, it has more great performances, Pfifer, Devito, and Walken, all just chewing scenery as hard as they can, and batman/bruce is just gone for a big chunk of the movie.
I love the original as well, but returns is the one I've rewatched the most.

>Fury Road is better in every single way

Lol

Aliens

pleb

>being this obsessed with reddit
You're not on the right website

I hope alll of that is true.

Watch pic related.

I disagree. They were both quite good for what they were trying to do. Down Under was a very good "epic" scale flick while Rescuers was smaller scale and much cozier. We saw more development of the two main leads. If you look at Down Under, they're in maybe half the movie, at best, due to the focus on Cody and other side characters.