Ghost In The Shell

Just watched Ghost In The Shell. Damn good shit for a chinese cartoon. Also made me realize the remake is definitely going to be shit, and if it's going to be its own thing, it will be shit as well.

Does Sup Forums like it?

What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ea5JSGVT7Qw
youtube.com/watch?v=yrODlC03X0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=OwdlqquJDK4
youtube.com/watch?v=IsMTpSDAGxM
youtube.com/watch?v=1dmlwhaEEgE
youtube.com/watch?v=4d2gBnUjI1E
youtube.com/watch?v=6FLrh7wMoTA
jbaxteranimator.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=z64HCi2rQkE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This scene sold me on the movie. It was haunting

youtube.com/watch?v=Ea5JSGVT7Qw

The original is a masterpiece. I won't watch the remake and pretend it doesn't exist.

Chinese cartoons are shit.

The remake will be fine aesthetically which is what matters most.
>masterpiece
Don't use words you don't understand and can't not back up in detail.

I mean this one. Other was a stupid fan edit

youtube.com/watch?v=yrODlC03X0Y

Get ready to me meme'd on son redditors hate anime on this board, but I loved it.

You might want to check the series(s), they've got difference pace and feel, but you'll still get a good itch from it.

OP here, I'm not fan of anime as well but I liked this. Good pacing (very movie like), interesting philosophical shit, and it looked very pretty. Mushi mushi, sue me faggots.

Greatest cyberpunk movie ever made.

i love it and though not entirely on the same level as the movie, every sequel and series is also entertaining

it is a masterpiece. anyone who disagrees needs to die

This movie is shit, akira is a thousand times better.

I got a chance to go to the pre-screening of the remake and it was actually alright.

Give us the info on Michael Pitt
is he actually laughing man?

I didn't like it, the plot was non-existent, the cyberpunk theme is pretty stupid, visuals sucked dick in the 90s, suck dick now, overall it was garbage and only complete weeaboos who cocksuck all over japan can like it, but definitely not someone with an actual taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=OwdlqquJDK4

Why is so many android coming to life shit nowadays?
also Blade Runner 2 is coming

I absolutely love it. The museum scene sends chills down my spine every time, especially with that sublime music.

is Batou as shit as he look on the leak shots?

Why GITS 2 is so shit?
It's an Oshii thing?

>(very movie like)
thats how a real anime should be, but as it looks even on Sup Forums they only like the crap.

It's an Oshii thing. Too many of his films get lost in unnecessary pretentiousness.

Still, Patlabor 2 and GitS are some of my favourite anime films. Sometimes he can hit the mark.

god that looks so sexy as fuck. I fucking hate how anime is now dependent on CGI. Lazy fucks

Apples and oranges.

I love that movie.

This and Blade Runner are the ONLY good cyberpunk movies in the entire cinema

But cyberpunkino is coming back with GitS Live action and Blade Runner 2049

come on you cunt
you did this last time too

I don't give a fuck what this hairy, putrid /reddit/'s asshole place thinks of GitS.
It's one of my favourite kinos of all time

>can't not back up
>can't not
gb2 school little fagglet.

>implying you can't (not) back it up

This movie is fucking art, and the live action one will suck all the atmosphere out of it.

I liked Avalon and Angel's Egg too
Should I watch the red spectacles?

futurism is kind of the meme now

>The remake will be fine aesthetically which is what matters most.
Hush hush, Marvel is that way >>> you dick sucker

do i need to watch the series?

>does Sup Forums like it

yes of course we do, but who cares, when a movie is such blatant kino it doesnt even need the recognition of such a degenerate band of whackos

No.

Since you're here(every fucking day) does that mean you're a redditor too and so is this movie?

I enjoyed both of those movies too actually, but they're not as well rounded.

I can't say, but I saw Jin Roh a while ago and quite enjoyed it.

The series and OVA/movies are a separate timeline.

Red Spectacles is live action, but yeah.
Don't get thrown off by the opening sequence. They play with styles a bit, and the opening samurai-type hack and slash does not last outside of that scene.

Pic related is what is looks like most of the time. There's some nice throw-backs to japanese theater as well.

It's a movie with a decent bit of depth that explains itself at the end. It's my go-to for introducing people to "serious cinema" because of that.
>pause the movie before the reveal
>ask a few leading questions like "why are some scenes in color and others in black and white?"
>play the ending

It's good.
Jin-Roh, the Wolf Brigade, is the animated one you've probably seen webms of.

If you like Ghost In The Shell I highly recommend the first two Patlabor films.

The first is a bit lighter in tone, but still packs a punch. The second one is the one you'll want however, it's basically the Director's practice-run for Ghost In The Shell, which he'd release a few years later. Frankly I think the second one is overrated, but there's no denying its similarities to GiTS' style

youtube.com/watch?v=IsMTpSDAGxM

youtube.com/watch?v=1dmlwhaEEgE

>Still, Patlabor 2 and GitS are some of my favourite anime films.
Mein Neger!
Red Sectacles is rather meh. Watch Jin-Roh instead.

>I don't give a fuck what this hairy, putrid /reddit/'s asshole place
>posts here
Weeaboos everyone. Go choke on a cock and go back to Sup Forums.

Do you have any webms of Jin Roh, by the way?

No its a childish version of Neuromancer and an even plebbier Johnny Mnemonic

This my man right here.

>back to Sup Forums
He wishes. he's a fucking Sup Forumseditor at best

Kenji Kawai is the reason those films hold up so wel.

>the remake is definitely going to be shit
We don't know that

>if it's going to be its own thing, it will be shit as well
You're trying too hard to fit in.

GitS as an original property spans a wide range of taste. What most people agree upon is that it has a great musical score and the occasionally good action sequence. I have a hard time defending the long-winded philosophical discussions.

A live action film may actually improve the material.

Yeah, but only of the ending.
I'll link the training sequence instead, since it doesn't spoil anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=4d2gBnUjI1E

>I have a hard time defending the long-winded philosophical discussions.
Are we talking GitS or Innocence here?

It's OK I've seen it before, just spoiler them or something.

okay

>implying Sup Forums's taste in anime isn't just flavour of the month/season faggotry just like Sup Forums
If you actually want somewhat decent recommendation about anime you NEVER FUCKING EVER ask Sup Forums about it. Same goes for Sup Forums and movies or Sup Forums for music or Sup Forums for video games, etc. It's bizzare as fuck that the respective boards suck the hardest when it comes to their specific topic.

>If you actually want somewhat decent recommendation about anime you NEVER FUCKING EVER ask Sup Forums about it.
Yeah because all the entry level garbage you're looking for is plastered on their wikis rec page
just like Sup Forums

My favorite piece by him:
youtube.com/watch?v=6FLrh7wMoTA

All of it. It just always felt strained.

I liked gits 2 because it had a bro coop noir feel to it and some amazing animation, but yeah the philosophy quotes sucked.

It seems I triggered a bunch of Reddit fagglets today.
Why don't you fuck off back to your cunny and reddit game of shit generals?
Here are adults who want to have a proper discussion about animation and film.

Not him, but the discussions at the end of the first movie (the last 10-15 minutes) are quite tedious, it felt like Oshii had to spell out the themes of the movie for us. The rest of the movie is fine.
Innocence is basically quotes: the anime.

Kawai is fucking great. He's the only reason I can stomach Fate/Stay Night 2006 as well.

Though I like Innocence because of the whole buddy cop thing, but it's also tedious at times.

Avalon is such a cringe movie when you watch it as a native polish speaker.

That's what made Avalon watchable to me.

This basically sums up how I feel on the matter, yeah.

What a great fucking movie this was.

I read on here that this dude's stuff isn't rotoscoped. He's just very, very good.

Yes
Sorry I always catch these threads before o clock in

DONT ever tell me when I'm mad and when I'm not you piece of shit!
looks like it was spot on

Why don't you fuck off back to Sup Forums, weeaboo?
>anime
>adults
wew lad

Maybe your just stupid. It takes very high IQ to get GITS. I got it

>Ghost In The Shell
>Damn good shit

You failed the test, OP.

Yeah.
Pure rotoscoping actually leads to shitty animation, despite the appearance of it. There are things you might see human actors do that just don't translate into 2D. They need a bit of exaggeration via animation principles somewhere to sell the motion as genuine.

I don't know how to link specific tumblr posts, but scroll down until you see the "Giselle getting out of her carriage video"
jbaxteranimator.tumblr.com/
The animator here, John Baxter, is one of the top 2D animators around. Applied to Roger Rabbit straight out of school and got in. Senior animator for Spirit as well.

Fuck Avalon.

youtube.com/watch?v=z64HCi2rQkE

Call me a nitpicker but it's pretty annoying to see the bullets make enormous holes in the concrete behind the man but not completely decimate the man to pieces.

well concrete is brittle and will fracture which makes the hole look a lot bigger

I'm playing Voyage to Avalon at my mom's funeral and there's nothing you can do about it.

A concrete column holding a bridge will be more brittle than skin and bones and cartilage and various tissue? I know I'm nitpicking, I actually have been meaning to watch The Wolf Brigade for a while now, but c'mon just make his lung pop out the other side. Especially when he takes the one bullet in the head.

I think youre confusing brittle with strong, organs and skin are soft, they wont break away like concrete does, also hes wearing a large coat so you cant really see what his body looks like

The bullets penetrate his soft body and remain relatively intact, they practically explode when they hit the concrete, so the holes are larger

>tfw Avalon (The game) will never be real

Ahh that makes sense. Thank you. The headshot still but otherwise yeah.

This too. Thank you.

Real talk though: the (presumably) 8mm Mauser rounds will tear a body up.
This is a blue board, but you can dig stuff up easily enough from liveleaks.

>get hit twice in the upper arm
>one hits the bone, and the other tears enough meat off that the arm is hanging by a threat
It's nasty 2bh.

I'm assuming they didn't do that in Jin-Roh due to graphic violence laws, similar to robocop, but I don't know Jap laws and Ichi the killer exists.

I've often thought that there was a great game to be had with this concept. You hang about in these miserable black and white hubs trying to earn enough dosh to play the real hero in glorious VR.