Sup Forums please review my song

Sup Forums please review my song

youtube.com/watch?v=Rrqi7ZSWgbE

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/existentialist-nonsense
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that really you? I just left a comment.

Yes it's me, I appreciate it dude

This is alright, but nowhere near good enough to warrant the expectation of attention. You need to step it up if you want people to notice you.

As proof, I put your song on and started doing something else, which made me forget that you didn't just autoplay. I thought "this isn't that good" and went to change it, only to remember this post. You have potential, but you're definitely not there yet. Keep it up, you could definitely get somewhere.

I really appreciate the feedback man, I wanna make this my career

I can tell. You're good at what you do, practice your ass off. Hopeful-to-hopeful.

Can I hear your music?

Needs more cowbell

Fuck I should just delete my album

I don't like the way it was recorded, it sounds too light. The drums have no bass to them and the mixing feels weird. It feels like there is a lot of air/unfilled space in the song, the vocals are long and drawn out and every instrument matches that without anything filling the space. I haven't played an instrument in forever but the timing seems fucked up to me, maybe it's the way the vocals layover the instruments or the way the drums are timed idk. The vocals are also not that great, like they aren't too badly sung but they are so heavily pronounced but not good enough to stand on their own. They lacked passion, it sounded like you were reading a script. Like what was the point of this song, to tell us that you are moving down a river and "don't know what to do and don't know where to go?" I really don't understand the point of the song, it's just a generic "I'm confused" track, but it is so vague I can't relate to it. It sounds childish they way it is sung, the lyricism was sub par at best.

That's my review, keep working you aren't terrible but I feel like if I'm too positive it will detract from the problems I heard (this is just my opinion).

Ah fuck, yeah. However, this is just a scrapyard for works in progress/stuff I did when I was 17. For the hip-hop track with vocals, skip it, or stop after the second chorus (it was the result of me dicking around in my basement, so i repeat the same rap again. it's straight up not worth listening to). Let me know what you think user, just know that this all pretty bad

soundcloud.com/existentialist-nonsense

Sounds dope man, I really appreciate your sound. Recording sounds good too

Enjoy!

wow thanks bud!

Please give it up

Sorry OP, your career is fucking over.

Is suicide the only option?

I thought it sounded pretty good

Im not a fan of your lyricism. Overall it was okay, but mildly boring(music and video)
If you're going to sing a mellow song about "being against the tide" or whatever you're about, its going to take some image other than le mandolin guy

OP, it seems that Sup Forums hates you. Congratulations on your wealthy career as a musician. You will now be considered in the ranks of TOP.

The music video wasn't really well planned. I agree I'm a pretty bad lyricist I guess I should have paid attention in English class

I don't really know what I excepted, but I appreciate criticism and will improve on my next album

I tried for that fantano review but he didn't respond

I listened to the rest of your album, the music was catchy but the recording was god awful. Invest in better equipment

It's bretty good, I think the vocal production is a little too clean and makes the mix sound a little disparate. Like some other anons said, you could do more with the unfilled space in the song and take advantage of that. I think you should slow it down and listen to Talk Talk user.

not good

3/10

The fact that this was rated lower then little pump calls for some self reflection

I'm not very good at mixing but I'm trying to get better. I agree with the unfilled space, I tried to fill it up with accordion but I guess it didn't

Idk if the accordion is adding much to your stuff, but empty space can be good if used strategically

Reading this thread makes me realize I'm going to be poor

Any suggestions for next time?

Idk enough about recording to help much, but maybe try giving stuff just a little dirtier/rounder sound? You could also try adding some backing vocals lower down in the mix or doubling up parts more.

I'm not him but the mix is very dry in my opinion. Meaning it could use reverb on different elements to give them more of a sense of space; they don't have to be drenched in reverb, they just need a little depth.