ITT: Post your last 5 rates and discuss music

ITT: Post your last 5 rates and discuss music

Yes I said it, actually talk about music.
Otherwise what's the point?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~78787878
rateyourmusic.com/~sequencejacob
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump, would putting RYM help?

upping your rating on Alien Kids would.

I just recently changed my Micro Banana score from 3/5 to 4/5. Rattlesnakes a kinda tricky opener.

please explain how flying microtonal banana is better than both After The Gold Rush and Slanted and Enchanted.

>opinions

please explain your opinion. What else is this thread for?

yeah rym would help i have that filtered 2 top

Slanted & Enchanted is the only album here i've listened to & its around the same mark
at first i thought it was really bland but have gotten pretty attached to it
((((((ducktails drama)))))))

mine sucks bc i was rating stuff i'd already heard forever ago lol xcept for Cyrus

I'm not that guy

well with just one word you showed a complete lack of understanding of what this thread is about. Why don't you read OP's comment about what should occur ITT

It just catches me more.
I enjoy the melodies more, the grooves, and shit.

After the gold rush & Slanted and enchanted are good don't get me wrong, I expect the latter of the two will grow on me too.

But I just didn't enjoy them as much.
Simple as that.
Rattlesnake is my second favorite track honestly, it's really grown on me.
Billabong valley might be my favorite KG&TLW track though.

Why didn't you like MVOTC?
One of my favorites.

I just think being upset over someone's opinions is retarded
you basically just said "explain why you think this album is better than those other unrelated albums" which is just shitty discussion

i actually prefer gold rush to slanted enchanted.

It's nothing against King Gizz either. I just don't think anything from the past 5 years or so can compare to Neil Young or Pavement during their peak years

Im not upset, I was just taken aback and wanted to hear OP's thinking. You seem to be the one who's mad hear

>no u
right

unrelated? Sure considering that they are entirely different types of music. But this thread consists of showing ratings for several albums. What's the point if not to compare those.

Thats a fair opinion.
One I won't hold against you.
But for me personally the majority of my most favorite albums are from the past 6 years or so.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose

you can talk about the ratings separately
you can also compare albums that aren't completely different from each other

huh. What's your favorite album from the past 6 years?

Lighght by Kishi Bashi

Also happens to be my bar none favorite album.

bamp

I stopped at Octave because that was the last album with the original/major lineup.
Overall very solid collection of albums but NOTHING would ever top Days of Future Passed. Some of the best instrumentals I've heard and was an instant favorite for me.

Worst was definitely Go Now, guy from Wings got lucky by quitting and joining them since that material was much stronger than MB's debut.

Same rating I gave Rain Dogs too, actually.
Personally I prefer his first 2 albums.

New-age cassettes are my jam. Got 32 of them recently, 90% of them are awesome. The other 10% have, uh, a bit too much whale-song and uninspired harps for my taste.

What's your RYM?
Did you happen to get my recs last thread?

~

I just mass-rated on my account so my last 5 ratings are inaccurate, I'll just post them here.

Hank Williams - 40 Greatest Hits (1978) 3.0/5
Lil' Keke - Don't Mess Wit Texas (1997) 1.5/5
Mezz Mezzrow - The Chronogical Classics: Mezz Mezzrow 1928-1936 (1996) 2.0/5
SWV - It's About Time (1992) 1.0/5
Leo Smith - Divine Love (1979) 3.0/5

rateyourmusic.com/~78787878

ay

rateyourmusic.com/~sequencejacob

Went through some Irish Metal (hence the Waylander demos and LP), Metal Enterprises catalog and Bound For Glory's latest release.

Although Metal Enterprises's horrible reputation precedes them, some of their albums were decent. Blowin' Free is one of them. Despite the production scraping the bottom of the barrel, the music's far from anything I'd call terrible. In fact, it's a solid '80s Metal album. Still, you'll be left yearning for so much more.

Waylander came to me courtesy of the Irish Metal Archives blog. The first couple demos were alright, but lagging in tempo and interesting ideas. Thankfully, the studio album which featured tooled up performances of these demo songs sound much better. Indeed, the album lived up to its name as Celtic Black Metal. Plenty fierce and even festive, but Cruachan's presentation is a little better.

Then I laid ears upon Bound For Glory's latest album. After all these years, the Aryan Brotherhood of musicians still has the chops to release a fine album. Unlike their thrashy predecessors, "Ironborn" seems to be more oriented towards back-to-basics Heavy Metal. And amazingly, it sounds even better than some of their Thrash albums. Make no mistake, some of it is still Thrash, but it doesn't sound stale or overwrought.