Ask someone who went from living in the suburbs and working in a 60 storey HQ building in the heart of the city to...

Ask someone who went from living in the suburbs and working in a 60 storey HQ building in the heart of the city to being almost 100% self sustainable living on his own in the outback anything.

Go
>pic kinda related. Im not as poor as this though

How much DMT did you take, and can we see a photo of your property?

Is it better to homestead or work? What's the different between the two?
How good is your internet connection?

I had about 45mg and nah id rather not post where i live my nigga

Chekced. My life is infinitely better since i moved out here, and my internet it really shit, even by australian standards.

It can dometimes cut out for no reason at all for hours and hours. One time it was out for 2 days. I also get massive fucking storms here which is never good for the connection

What kinds of crops and animals do you have/need?
Also how much did it cost to get started (including property price)?

Bumpo

Do the Aboriginals give you any trouble?

Atm i grow potatoes, tomatos, onions, spring onions, and a variety of herbs.

I have 2 goats for grass cutting purposes and atm i have 6 chickens for food purposes.

Nah, ive only met a couple in the local town, most of them keep to them selves but theres 1 in particular who really seems to like me. He keeps comparing to "those fuckin white boy city cunts"
I still havent told him i used to be one...

I do work aswell btw. But its more of an oldschool handyman odd jobs kinda work.

I did an carpentry apprenticeship when i was younger and then went on to study graphic design.

So im mainly a sign writer for the smaller businesses and also i fix shit here and there.

Bump agin

Would a steel house be good for homesteading or do you think it'll get too hot? Pic related is only $36,000 AUD (not including 3rd party construction)

Dont really know much about houses man, i wiuld imagine steel would get hot as fuck in summer.
Mines a pretty average wooden frame house, think a classic QLD'er but smaller

But why?

I had an outer body experience whilst on a DMT trip which told me i need to do it.

What state you in

NT, right near the QLD border

Any dangerous encounters with the wildlife?

Doesn't it get like 45+C in the summer? How do you stay alive?

In the desert, dry as fuck yes?

Nice brother. Used to work up around Boroloola. Absolute shit hole but fuck there are some beautiful isolated spots around and the land is so fkn cheap. So you near Mt.Isa?

Personally im buying some land northern nsw. Just to beautiful there plus im hooked on surfing

Nah not really, i see a lot of snakes and a fair boss battle spiders, but i tend to just keep my distance and they do the same.
Closest was probs when i had one in the kitchen, but i just brushed it outside with a broom and he fucked off.

Yeah it gets hot af. I have 3 of those little fans that rotate around and i usually just have them all locked onto me at all times.

And im probs going to get roasted for this but i find that meditation helps. The mind is a powerful tool

DMT always shows people the right path. I dont agree with ayhuasca as some peoples brains and spirit don't handle it well..

Yeah man it is pretty dry but its not as much as a desert as people think. I meam theres patches of grass and shrubs n shit as far as i can see.

It was really really hectic. Even terrifying almost

Not gunna lie, ive never even heard of boroloola

Near the gulf, good fishing but cant swim too many crocodiles and semi dry community so sucks balls

Its the same here, there isnt really much to do besides house/ yard work haha.

Theres fuck all in the way of women too :(

One last bump

What do you grow? Do you have any animals to eat?

See

i consider leaving everything behind, too. i just feel i've had enough of modern society. don't get me wrong, i've studied electrical engineering and am currently working on my phd and earning about 3000€ per month. still i feel like i hate all the meaningless in doing that shit and like i should "go back to basics" ... you have any thoughts on that? i'd be very happy to read those. and i'm wishing you well and all the best for the path you've chosen

I didnt necessarily leave everything behind.
I quit my job normally, sold most of my stuff and told people where i was going. I didnt actually just "go off the grid"

And im not totally self sustainable.. yet.
I plan on being one day however i do still sometimes need to drive to the closest town and buy groceries and what not.
But as far as actually doing it goes, i would say do it 100%.
I was never depressed or anything however ever since the move i have been insanely happy. Happier than i ever was before.

As i said above, i had a really unexplainable experience with DMT. In that very moment i knew i had to do it. I dont know why or how or wtf happened but i know ever since the trip its all i had ever wanted.
It took me about 15 months from the trip to actually moving. And i have never looked back.
Its a big change and at first its hard, but it eventually gets much easier.
Again, 10/10 would recommend. Its definitely worth doing extensive research before hand. I didnt really do as much as i should have and feel way out of my depth every now and then

thanks a lot for your honest words. interesting point about the research one should do before moving. i asked that myself quite some times. because i think one should know as much as possible about growing and cultivating plants and keeping animals you want to eat etc...

still you said you still (need to) work to get some cash in, what seems kinda logical cause you can't go from modern life to 100% self-sustain in 2 days or even a year. all this comes with so much fear and uncertainty ....will things go well? will everything go down the drain?

kudos to your courage to do all that anyway.

you never mentioned a partner in your life. do you have one?
i guess all that would be much easier having a girl/wife by your side so you can handle everything together. thoughts on that? i'm single now and one of the voices inside me that's holding me back is saying "wait until you have the right partner, then you can do it and make it work" ... is it just an excuse to not leave my comfort zone?

Why are you such a faggot?

Ok, op, here's a question....
Was math invented or discovered?

Thats one rhing that worries me quite often.
I was and still am single. I dont ever want to give up this lifestyle, but i dont know if im ever going to find a woman out here haha, like i said, the small town near me doesnt really have anyone "my type".

However i try not to dwell on bad thought too much and just do whatever comes myway.

One thing that was a big and hard chage for me was raising/ slaughtering and preparing a chicken.
Im a pretty big animal lover so i didnt like killing them at first, especially since i have raised them. And at first i had no idea how to do it humanely or even prepare it for eating after it was dead.
The whole experience is a massive learning curve and i find it best to just jump right into it, if its what you really want. You only get one life man