We know that A=B, so:
B+B=B
2B=1B
2=1
Checkmate atheists.

Bump

Sage in all fields.

Shitkunt

yes but we don't know what number B equals so we can't say 2=1 yet.

(A-B) = 0, so you're dividing by 0 to go from line 4 to line 5. And this is one reason by division by 0 doesn't work.

why*

It's not important, since it is any real other than 0, we can divide by it.

you can't divide by (a-b) because it's 0 you dumb fuck

why would you even say A can't equal 0? 0 is the only thing it can equal since it's mathematically impossible, you've just set up a fake rule of maths to make your equation work

Holy shit thank you, I couldn’t find that for the life of me

GG

Because according to the standard rules of mathematics, you can't divide by 0.

(A+B)(A-B)=B(A-B)
(A+B)=B

This step is wrong unless A=B=0 in which case you proved 2*0 = 1*0 which is true.

Navy SEALs are always taught

1) Keep your priorities in order and
2) Know when to act without hesitation.

A Navy SEAL was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

One of the courses had a professor who was a devout Christian and a member of the Christian Coalition of America. One day this professor shocked the class by exclaiming "God, to show my class you are real, I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes."

The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am, God. I'm still waiting."

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the SEAL got out of his chair, went up to the professor and front kicked him in the chest, knocking him off of the platform. The professor fell flat on his back, dazed. Standing over him, the SEAL proceeded to repeatedly stomp on the professor's head, fracturing his skull. Blood splattered everywhere as the SEAL continued brutally stomping the professor with his combat boots. The professor begged for mercy, eliciting laughter from the SEAL, who ignored his pleas and continued stomping him to death.

As the professor lay dying, he looked up at the SEAL and asked with his final breath, "Why?"

The SEAL calmly replied "God doesn't exist. You're a stupid asshole who needed to be punished for wasting everyone's time with your pious bullshit."

That Navy SEAL's name? Albert Einstein.

Brainlets. You can divide by zero

I'm sure you can define an arithmetic where you can, but in the useful arithmetic that everyone uses you can't.

you literally cannot divide by zero in any cases at all ever, A and B = 0

You can create mathematical structures in which division by zero is defined, but using the standard field structure of the real numbers, division by zero leads to logical absurdity, as the OP demonstrates.

>A^2-B^2=AB-B^2 = 0
The rest is therefore garbage

Why stop at 2?
>83678168894661×0 = 0
>1×0 = 0
>83678168894661×0 = 1×0
>83678168894661 = 1

Anything is possible when you divide by 0!

>A and B = 0
No, (A-B)=0
But otherwise you are correct.

>2B=1B
Bull

One of those steps involves dividing by a-b, which is dividing by zero, which you can't do. GTFO.

>A+B=B
>therefore A=B
Wrong
A+B=B
A+B-B=0
A=0

>>therefore A=B
>Wrong
Try reading it again, it isn't therefore, it is a reminder of the original equasion which establishes that A=B.

I remember being amused by this at around 14, maths is wonderful - enjoy it for life. Now fuck off back to school.