Your thoughts on old age?

Your thoughts on old age?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VzPsdkTCufs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

terrified, but impossible to avoid so it's desensitisation by exposure.

Don't get old it's a trap.

I don't worry about shit i can't change.
At some point i'll be old and die - why waste my time when i'm young spinning my wheels about such facts?

Well put. All positives balanced against the negatives, getting old sucks, but what can you do.

>impossible to avoid
Why is that?

what do you mean? it can't be avoided while you're living, are you looking for the scientific answer?

Annoying, you start to see the patterns and are able to look behind the curtains of the world a lot easier, and you have to come to gripes with not being able to change anything about how the system works
The upside is 18-25 yo chicks think you're attractive

Growing nose hairs faster sucks.

If you'd study and research genetics you might be able to change it though. Could use the dna traits of those 1000 year old trees and multiply our lifespan. Or get into neural networks and brain sciences. Then pretty much scan your brain structure to multiple hard disks and now you have a clone of yourself that can come alive once we have computers fast enough to simulate that large of a network.

Traps aren’t gay. So go for it

That's about the stupidest thing that I've read this week and I've read a lot of stupid shit. Take that to Alex Jones and lizard people.

I know it can't be avoided while living but one could always commit suicide.

Keep believing that boitoy.

>meanwhile filthy rich kikes abuse breakthroughs in genetic research to have several heart, liver, kidney, lungs transplant operations and live twice longer than plebs

test

This... holy shit.. the last 2 years women are literally throwing themselves at me.. and yeah its a bit depressing being unable to change the world for the better!

Finally Time for the things that you physically can't do anymore.

My mother retired 3 years ago (67 now)
Sometimes she can't move her knees. Now sits in her 1 room apartment 24/7 because she fears to go outside alone, because she could fall over.

Told me on Christmas that when she was younger always was looking forward to her retirement , because she could go hiking all the time.

Aging sucks.

That sucks. I hope your mom gets better.

no he implied suicide before you get old

inevitable but i'll find a way to enjoy it.

Thanks. But I doubt it.

Your mom's a pussy. I know a 98 year old man that retired, but he still drives around in a beat up Ford and collects scrap metal from garages, and socializes with the mechanics. He came to my shop once and we had like 5 catalytic converters lined up for him (particularly valuable scrap) so he told us he'd buy us a case of beer. 6 empty bottles when he came back because he drank em like a crazy youth.

Well, she only has like twenty to thirty years left so it's not that bad

...can you give any reasons why you think its stupid? I mean there are research papers on the aging gene, or are those fake? We can measure brain activity, map the brain (although vaguely) and there are better recurring neural networks coming out every year. All I'm saying is that we can definitely get there one day. Alex is more about those things already being in the hands of the elite (could be, who can really know).

Not him, but science advances pretty slowly tbh..

Right I'm only 30 and it's like a jungle in there already. I sit on the couch and rip them out while my wife looks at me in disgust lol

nose hair trimmers are a thing

I know I use them when I shave but I swear sometimes those sobs grow a half inch over night

Plus sometimes I like to admire them like a good booger

old age is a time to be annoying as hell in all the most subtle ways

if you can be an asset too, it's like going through childhood again, carefree

I'm turning 50, and I feel great. Youth never really fit me; even as a toddler I used to sit and drink tea with the grown-ups instead of going out to play. I feel like my early life was just preparation and learning to get ready for the productive years, now that I have the wisdom and life experience to make use of everything I learned along the way.

Plus I look good in a fedora and can wear one in an unironic way now.

If I stay moderately healthy, I'm actually looking forward to it. Lotsa time to do whatever, can fuck with peoples heads, etc.

i think when you are old you are pretty old

Unavoidable and something we all should prepare for. I plan on homesteading and farming cannabis legally when I get old. Saving dollars today for the chance to chill later.

you mom needs medical care.
Get up of your chair.

I'm saving $50 a month to buy Ruger Mark III to put a .22 LR bullet through my brain while short-drop hanging this year.

Aging is not the real problem

The problem is the time that begins to flee quicker each year.

This last decade passed quicker now that I am 45yo than 6 months when I was 17yo

The guy that will patent a drug that makes the perception of our time passing slower will be a trillionnaire.

I would even go back to uni to work on that.

That'd be way cheaper, but doesn't sound as satisfying.

Practice mindfulness, bruh.

Nigga they put a man on the moon in living memory of the wild west, and now the computer they used to do it is a joke compared to the one in your fucking pocket.

Memories with my grandpa makes it easier althought I dont think I will ever amount to the man he was. Maybe Ill have a change of perspective when I have children.

Maybe there's an afterlife? Would suck for all those people who die old if there isn't, so it makes only sense to skip the adulthood bs and arthritis and Alzheimer and whatever and go see if there's a next universe up where old people go. I mean. There's gotta be and my life is always just negative bs and more negative bs so it's unfortunately unavoidable and that's why I got no choice but to save money. On the other hand, I'm really hyped up because I think I'll get to see interesting stuff soon that others won't in a long ass time

>old age?
better than dead

Kinda worried that I pay into Social Security for nothing but then again, it seems like the past few generations thought the same and it turned out to still be there in the end. Also worried about my legs, had MRI's done and they show more scar tissue than normal tissue in my tendons. Waiting for advanced bio-mechanics to find a way to replace tendons in people, maybe then I can walk without incident. I'm only 30...

I know one day i will be a regretfull old man
i will regret wasting my Youth
and here i sit
wasting my life
unable to change it
i am not afraid of getting old
i was never young in the first place
hope i can find the strenght to end it before i turn 50

>they put a man on the moon
ALLEGEDLY, ALLEGEDLY!

Rival space agencies have confirmed it.

Not gonna see it, super aggressive alzheimer's with extreme dementia runs in my family and I'll have eaten a bullet long before I let it set in.

I know, I was just joshing user. They also left mirrors up there for lasering/signaling stuff, plus we have telescopes good enough to actually zoom in on the landing site and see the stuff.

>Plus I look good in a fedora
No, no you don't
>and can wear one in an unironic way now.
and No, no you can't.

I do, actually. I've posted my picture in Sup Forums and people have been forced to admit that I'm one of the few people who can rock a fedora. It suits me.

You're lying because nobody on Sup Forums could be "forced" to admit that. Even if you looked fucking amazing these assholes would say you looked shitty just to spite you.

This also worries me as there isn't an option to actually not pay into social security, and the system as we know it today, might not even exist by the time we actually need it. Consider also the following anyone in the 25 to 30 range paying SS right now, can't even use it until they are nearly 75 years old. Versus the factor that SS started at 55 to 62 not even a decade ago.
Social Security might as well be nonexistent by the time it comes to us.

OK well maybe but remember 99% of all people who think they good in a fedora - actually don't. You might be that 1% but you're probably just fooling yourself. Fedora-fagness spans all generations, and I'm saying this as a guy who's over 50 and sees an occasional other 50 year old in a fedora. Everyone's first reaction is always: "faggot" but then we say it looks good, of course. Human nature.
youtube.com/watch?v=VzPsdkTCufs

Fine. Christ. This is me.

Oh okay I was wrong, yeah you look good user. Keep wearing that. In public.

>don't....don't...don't...bite...
Dammit. 1.5/10

>actually

Oh noes, I've been harshly judged by teenyboppers. Whatever shall I do. Come on, you know damned well I look good in a fedora. I'm a hobo, and a crumpled fedora is almost part of the uniform.

Well it's a real issue when people are living into very extensive years now, like 90-100+ but we put the money there, so it should be there when we need it IMO. I'll be one seriously pissed old fuck, if I don't get paid my dues, I'm talking about devoting what remains of my life to re-mobilizing my legs, just so I can make the Vegas shooter look like a kid popping soda cans off his fence in the backyard. Except I won't be using a peashooter, I'll slave a goddamn railgun to a power substation an siege the white house for lulz.

I'm getting older and it's weird how you just stop caring about sex. I never thought it would happen.

Happened to me at 20, was in the Navy and club life was fun but maybe I just burned myself out idk.

Immortality will happen one day, but we will all miss out.

Im 53 and get way more pussy than I did in my 20s. Young chicks have daddy issues, I guess. Plus, they dig a guy that doesn't live in his mom's basement. Just stay as fit as possible and you'll be fine. Oh, and I'll get free social security money on about 10 years. Of course, you millennial faggots won't be getting shit. sucks to be you! :-)

So you think that the one hundred billion people who have lived on this planet just stopped thinking upon death? Then what the hell would be the point of this obviously artificial world? It's clearly us being aware of life that is the point of life. Bet they are in the next world sipping on pina coladas and getting beejays from physical anime girls as we speak and laughing at us down here.

She needs knee replacement. Buy her some knees, you useless faggot.

This is a common talking point but SS is not going to run out. It's based on productivity, not money at its core.

We're not worried about it "running out" we're worried about the funds being re-purposed for other shit.

probably just kys before we start evolving past 2D

The sword of time shall pierce my skin
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it moves its way on in
The pain increases....

2D?

Nevermind I forgot I said anime.

I really hope I die before I get old. It must suck to always be tired, have your mind go to shit, catch illness at the drop of a hat, have your organs begin to fail.

Hell, I'm only approaching middle age and I can already feel those things beginning to happen and it sucks.

I really hope to go early, pretty sure I will, I got a bad ticker like most people in my family and I have chest pains. I'm sure heart attack will kill me like it does everyone in my family. I just hope not to have a stroke or some situation where it makes me decrepit, I'd much rather die.

I'm sure if I had a home, or a family, or money; or any of the great rewards life has to offer, I'd probably have a reason to stick around but I don't. I honestly wouldn't mind being dead by tomorrow. If I ever find out I'm terminal, I will refuse treatment.

I'm actually a really chipper sunshine and rainbows type, but these are my real thoughts on the matter. It is only a negative thing that modern medicine has extended lifespans about 20 years longer than they should really go....

Sorry to hear about your heart Sup Forumsro. Must be a nice wait. Not saying that you should but you could always buy fentanyl off the darknet and sleep away peacefully like Lil Peep. But what am I saying that's probably not cool, much better to wait until your heart explodes in your car in the middle of busy traffic

I dabble in hard opiates, I do like heroin/fentanyl as a rare, once or twice a year, treat.... and I don't mind shooting it and playing russian roulette.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate myself or hate my life enough to end it. But on the other hand I don't love my life enough to feel bad about accidental early death, I'd greatly prefer that to becoming old, senile, and decrepit.

I've never shot heroin or fentanyl but I buy heroin #3 from the internet and smoke it on tinfoil and snort it after I'm too high to bother smoking it. Heroin and ecstacy together are the best thing ever.

bumping once.. only this once

it's all fun and game until you can't take care of yourself anymore

you can't escape death, so might as well make sure everything is ready and you can go with dignity.

I think there's stages to be honest. Like, 30 is the definitive end of youth. After that even grannies won't call you young anymore.

^even midgets grow old