What the fuck is up with music? The top 100 billboard is 90% garbage. First off, rap/trap is fucking cancer...

what the fuck is up with music? The top 100 billboard is 90% garbage. First off, rap/trap is fucking cancer. it's all about being "lit" and it's not even about the lyrics or message anymore, it's just the instrumental and being fun and "lit" and real nigga shit yo gang gang shoot people smoke weed xD LITTTT!! it's all repetitive and unoriginal. I find parody rappers like allison quinn, filthy frank, 3pac, etc to be much more creative because they're mocking them and it makes it ironic which gives such a vain style of music a message and then it becomes entertaining and funny but when they arent being ironic it's fucking terrible. And then contemporary style pop music is people who write love songs thinking they're artsy when it's just the same 4 chords and the same stupid lyrics we've heard since 2000.but people eat it up anyway. I'm pretty sure normies listen to the same 20 songs of the same genre over and over and over until their generic popular artist comes out with more of the same . It seems like an endless cycle. fucking eurobeat is better than pop music. where the fuck can I get some good music? am I just disconnected and not a normie so I don't like it? It even seems to be changing people. Like the whitest white girl will listen to gang gang fuck bitches aye aye aye basketball fried chicken etc. Then they actually become niggery. White people are slowly transforming into niggers because of this music. I have watched as white suburban childhood friends started smoking weed all the time, saying nigga and lit, sagging pants, etc while going to college and worrying about grades and shit in a polo shirt. that's not what hip hop is about. why does everyone want to be ghetto nowadays? and the fact that cardi b is second on the top 100 just because shes a woman is fucking stupid, her song is garbage and so is the genre. I think it's because of drugs. you can only like this music if you're on drugs and adolescent. It's like how rock and roll was in the 60s.

Other urls found in this thread:

billboard.com/charts/hot-100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I kind of agree with you. I'm worried I'm permanently transitioning to dadrock.

Could you post the top 100 billboard?
I'm pretty sure there are some decent songs on there.
Probably not the top charting singles but I'm sure there are some good songs.

yea some but it's 90% hot lit garbage and generic love song pop music
billboard.com/charts/hot-100

Why the fuck would I listen to a pop hit for the message? When I listen to some Migos I listen to it for the same reasons I listen to McCartney; for the emotion and energy. Sure Paul has some interest stuff to say, so does Quavo, just different concepts. The general population doesn’t want to experience art or be preached to, they want to be entertained, they want something to dance to. It’s been that way for the past 70 years and the charts continue to reflect the culture of their time.

looks like mostly bad/probably bad but i don't care enough to look, there are 2 Kendrick songs there though, so that's cool

>generic love song
You focus too much on lyrics you should see them for what they are (mere sounds). True merit of the song is more in the structure, vocalization and arrangement. (paraphrased)
*chart topping

that's my point though the emotion and energy is boring. it's shallow. It's been the same music for like 10 years and no one cares. it's just aye aye aye aye aye lit aye aye aye aye aye lit shoot shoot smoke smoke nigga nigga. how does that not get old song after song? Im not saying rap should preach. If the message is fucking bitches and smoking weed then whatever but it's so boring to just say "im fucking bitches aye Im fucking bitches aye" over and over. I would rather just the instrumental at that point. That's why I said you can make dumb rap like filthy frank and 3pac and it be good because the message is that this music sucks and it's super easy and then that makes it funny. but they arent joking they actually think they're artists. dont you think it's a bad sign if half of the top 100 is "aye aye aye aye fuck aye aye aye aye SHIT aye aye aye" imagine what it will be like in 2030 with even more niggery people. soon all music will be this alternative sounding bass boosted lit shit

same with pop ^
they could at least try harder with the lyrics. Why add lyrics at all if it's just melody, they could just make dope instrumentals then. I feel like if they're gonna call themselves artists they should at least have good lyrics even if the message is vain because your song gets boring. Try listening to radio for 1 week. it's literally the same 10 songs repeated on loop in order. what the fuck?

Wow, it's 100% shit with no exceptions.

man that is a good pasta OP, thank you

they just don't make music like they did in the 50s huh?

>>The top 100 billboard is 90% garbage.
>Not realizing it's always been garbage
>Caring about the top 100 billboard

Underage detected.

Lmfao OP's a dumbass he forgot about the Great Music Drought of 1960 to 2016

>Why add lyrics at all if it's just melody, they could just make dope instrumentals then. I feel like if they're gonna call themselves artists they should at least have good lyrics even if the message is vain because your song gets boring
There is a famous quote by a composer which in essence says vocals/lyrics are just put there to make plebs listen to the rest f the song. I repeat, you put too much emphasis on the lyrics friendo.

But most dadrock was also garbage beyond the handful of cherrypicked masterpieces.

Whoever you're quoting hasn't seen lyrics take front stage in music for the 50/60 years

>cherrypicked masterpieces.
I don't think you know what cherrypicking means.

see?
no they have electronics now
well rather maybe plebs pay too little attention to it. fucking normies

If you don’t get a sense of empowerment when listening to Digits you really should stop listening to modern music and just stick with whatever flavor of dad rock you enjoy most. This generation of pop is of no lesser quality than its predecessors, it’s simply just a different youth. It’s the same Jews pulling the strings and will continue to be that way for a long time. Just enjoy, or don’t, it’s really not that hard to avoid the Billboard top 100.

>Underage detected
What gave it away? The fact that he cannot into caps?

made me lit my pants

>well rather maybe plebs pay too little attention to it. fucking normies
What? People do pay attention to them which is why the lyrics appeal to the lowest common denominator.

It would be no different in any decade; there has always been terrible Top 40 although I guess the 80s was worse than most.

thanks for the pasta

I did the first 3 times but all the ATL trap rap just gets old. and I asked what the fuck I can listen to. I've been listening to like britney spears and james brown and jazzmasters and eurobeat and deftones and slipknot

>ITT: lotta pasta

I'm 20
fuck you just cause I don't wanna press shift
the top 100 billboard is what most of the population cares about and I'm worried about the state of the taste of the population which is the point of the thread

ok then fucking stickler. normies don't care about having good lyrics there

Normies had and will always have shit taste in music.

>colleagues decide to put speakers everywhere and play the radio
>radio plays the same 15 songs again and again and again, for the whole 8 hours that I work here every day, 5 days a week
>everyone loves it except me
>I was never suicidal, but this completely breaks my sanity.

Do I just quit at this point? Closing or complaining about the radio will make me a cunt

>ok then fucking stickler. normies don't care about having good lyrics there
They do, you fucking dolt. Which is why it's all lovey-dovey simplified crap that makes everyone feel they're good and that they appeal to them specifically.
What I'm trying to get through to you is that Lyrics are not a good metric most of the time to judge quality of a song.
So stop complaining about lyrics when you complain about the top 100 billboard.

That’s how it is at every retail job, just don’t be a pussy, save up, and get the fuck out of there and do something with your life.

>If you don’t get a sense of empowerment when listening to Digits
So am I reading this right, you feel empowered listening to this man making noises reminiscent of monkeys unironically and talking about how his money isn't squeaky farts? This is by no means meant to take away your enjoyment of this music because I liked waka flocka and ace hood when they were still relevant but that's about as dumb and ignorant as I'll go with my trap raps

Are normies autistic and/or retarded?

They always want to listen to the same dozen shitsongs.

Example lyrics of song playing right now

>GOT MY MIND MADE UP
>I'VE GOT MY MIND MADE UP
>I AIN'T GONNA STOP
>I'VE GOT MY MIND MADE UP
>GOT MY MIND MADE UP
>repeat for 3 minutes

Doubleyou tee eff.