Brit/pol/

Architecture and the Arts Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jamZyBva_LE
youtube.com/watch?v=cRj01LShXN8
twitter.com/ClarkeMicah
youtube.com/watch?v=eYqzcqDtL3k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is the UK the most influential country to have existed since Rome?

Is it democracy? Is it Law? Order? Free trade? The rights of men?

hmm how would you actually kill someone in one of these?

that dick protector.

Super duper

Somerset reporting.

98.5% white (not sure where the 1.5% live, I never see them)

Post the etymology of your hometowns lads

Muswell Hill

Used to be a pilgrimage site to a spring with supposedly holy properties, very light source causing slow water, moss built up on it. Was named the mossy well, its at the top of a hill. As the town grew up around it Mossy Well turned to Muswell, add the geography and you get Muswell Hill.

trade network

hammers/blunt weapons

Blunt force trauma. or try and get through the armour with the spike on a pole arm

BRITAIN STRONK

Pls annex back

On a horse with a stick
youtube.com/watch?v=jamZyBva_LE
Manhood

brighton. used to be called Brighthelmstone and was a fishing village. prince regent decided to get away from dad and have a piss up and so went to Brighthelmstone and built an indian looking palace and renamed it brighton and now everyone comes here from london for a seaside piss up and general degenerancy.

Back in the olden days the name of my town was Brugie but later on after the Norman conquest the Town was given to Walter of Douai (a Norman Knight) in around 1086.

And is now called Bridgwater.

Literally from a town called massive tits.

>Manchester derived its name from >Mamucium, the Roman name for the 1st >century-settlement and fort. Mamucium itself >is a Latinised form of the Celtic meaning >"breast-shaped hill".[

Weapons weighted at the head with a piercing spike, that or knowing them over, opening the visor, and stabbing in the face with a dagger.

I wonder if Pikes and shit would be useful in a Battle of Britain with no guns?

They were popular before.

Seapower

When you get erect from slaughtering degenerates your dick needs room to move.

They were popular because they were effective against people wearing this You don't need a poleaxe to pierce fabric.

>tfw my whole family is voting to remain

I mean, I'm not surprised, but I have serious doubts about it happening now.

Also pikes were used to counter cavalry, which I doubt we'll be seeing any time soon

They do keep people at bay though . .. .I suppose we will have to go back to axes and makeshift swords.

>>tfw my whole family is voting to remain

Same here.

Break down on the way to the voting on purpose, you sacrifice one out vote but take away 3+ in votes. That leaves us net +2 better off. Do your duty to the kingdom.

And Longbows
>Best speech Agincor

youtube.com/watch?v=cRj01LShXN8

Take your family to the polling station and drive full speed into a telegraph pole . .. .do it for the cause.

delete this

Do they think Britain is finished?
A small country, weak, feeble, unable to even manage its own affairs and govern itself?
Do they think we will never-again have influence and power on the world stage?
Do they think that we are like an old, sick, frail woman, best kept safe under lock-and-key in the EU rest-home for retired imperial powers?

Are they not optimistic, positive, confidant, bold?
Are they not eager to go out into the world and make their own way?
Do they not long for renewed ties with long-lost friends and acquaintances in the commonwealth?
Do they not hear the cracking and creaking of the EU's very fabric, or smell the smoke seeping under the door?

Send to all the world a message!
Vote LEAVE on June 23.

How do you guys do it? Isn't life depressing in such a restricted country? I am being serious not mocking or trying to be a fag

To be honest, if things do ever get that bad it'll just be a matter of time firearms start popping up all over the place.

Stop them voting. Do what you have to.

Lol

Burton upon Trent, been brewing beer for a thousand years now.

Its a bad feel

I do not drive

Mother: She is a woman, worried about holidays in Spain.
Father: Worried about holidays in Spain.
Sister: Woman, worried about holidays in Spain. I was talking about it with her today, and she threw a fit at me as always. My mother does the same.
Brother: I haven't spoken with him, but I have zero reason to believe he would vote to leave. Voting to remain seems more likely, but he will probably not vote.

I really don't know how to convince any of them. They won't listen at all and I'm not great at explaining things anyway.

There is nothing I can do. I have truly lost hope. It's honestly pointless for me to even vote

Weirdly, you don't actually notice anything restrictive unless you're looking at owning a firearm or something. I'd wager that most regular people just get on with their lives, not really giving these things much thought. I mean, if you were born into a world where firearms have always been restricted, and a TV license is a thing, why would your average person think anything was unusual.

I won't defend such freedoms being restricted, but I completely understand why there isn't more interest from the general population. Everyone's got their own personal problems and interests which come first before grander, more abstract concepts.

Wonderful.

>4 people are voting to remain
>instead of making it 80% of my household vote i'll make it 100%
You need to vote.

Being realistic, amongst Brits, things will never get that bad . . . . .Americans have been predicting the end of days, for god knows how long, they are paranoid about economic collapse and civil unrest . . .they always ever have been.

They are full of Bravado but realistically Americans are as cowardly as fuck, if you can't see that by their everyday actions you must be mad!

Have you seen the way Americans just sit back whilst BLM take over their shopping Malls, University lectures, Political speeches???? . . .this would not happen in Britain ...let's be honest.

My entire family is voting to leave.

lolwut?

French why couldn't you handle the banter in this?

It's just that the level of cuckery around me is too much sometimes...

>worried about holidays in Spain

I am a Britbong, my girlfriend is Australian. Australia is not in the EU and has never been in the EU. My girlfriend travels freely all-over Europe without visas or any kind of restrictions. She actually has an easier time travelling than I do sometimes as the "non EU" queue at the airport is shorter than the EU one.

If Britain Brexits the Euro will crash even further and her holiday will get cheaper. Easyjet will still fly to all the places it currently flies to. The paella will still taste the same, and she will still be able to buy PG tips tea in Marbella.

Forget immigration, forget massive EU gravy train and corruption, forget the economy and the fact that prices inside the EU are higher than world prices paid outside the EU. Ask them if they know who their MEP is and whether or not it bothers them that the person making laws they must follow is unelected and cannot be removed by them.

St Margaret's Church, King's Lynn

My home town

Using pic related to create a small hole to stab flesh

I know m8, just know you can make a small difference on the day.

John Coulthart.
He's a faggot, but he's a cool faggot, like Freddie Mercury.
And his blog is the best new art site online.

Is there anywhere that explains this? Might be worth sending to them. My biggest problem is articulation.

Why do people like you always have to come up with these very boring emotional appeals

Meanwhile the UK government wasted time, and therefore taxpayer money, debating whether or not to ban a single American from the UK

At least the Americans have Trump, what does Britain have to save you from being cucked? God knows you've been this way much longer than the amerifags...

Kidnap your family on polling day. For queen and country

Listen Wafflebro . .. .if a certain amount of signatures appeared then it was to be debated in Parliament . . .. it's called Democracy . . .sorry if that offends you!

Suck Trumps cock as much as you want but Britain did what had to be done and that was to discuss the views of the people. I'm not saying I agreed with it but there we are!

Go back to your Trump threads and have a wank!

Why is it that all of the brits in this picture look like shitskins? Did the artist know what Britain would be like and wanted to be inclusive of everyone?

Were you invited for a curry too?

I find it sometimes helps to ask questions and let people reach their own conclusions, this is a powerful way of persuading.

>Have you ever noticed that sometimes its still cheaper to order things from Ebay, even when they come from the USA, or China and have high postage and 20% import duty slapped on them? This is because prices inside the EU are much higher than prices paid everywhere else in the world.

>Have you ever noticed that when something bad happens, UK politicians of all parties often blame the EU? Well they wouldnt be able to blame someone else if we were independent.

>Have you ever noticed that .... and so on and so on.

we'll end like in children of men. the rest of the word is fucked we're ok but we're slowly running out of tea.

>Were you invited for a curry too
I had nothing to do with this . . . .but a free curry . . .fuck me yeah, count me in!

Because I am myself tired of coming up with the facts and figures.

I am a facts and figures man, but you know what... people dont vote based upon that. They vote based upon emotion. Even people who kidd themselves that they are entirely rational machines...

In this country we had the chance to move to a rational system of government once before, we didnt take it, so now we are stuck with this way.

I'm travelling around Europe during Brexit lads. Whats gonna happen to me if we leave? Are eurobros gonna hate me?

Make a petition to have Ferrari's given to every single UK citizen from the government by law.

If it reaches 500k sigs then it has to be debated.

Do it.

This is like my worst nightmare

There are two modes of persuasion

>Appeals to Logic
>Appeals to Emotion

Most idiots only appreciate the latter.
Most people are idiots
Democracy is rule of the idiots

Appeal to emotion.

the HRE and England fucking shit up

Maybe one Labour guy will quote Mao's red book again

Agreed.

Personally I would like to introduce a basic test which each voter had to complete in order for his vote to register. If he failed the test his vote would be silently discarded.

Also, pay no tax, get no vote, whether you are a billionaire or a pauper. If you are not paying some tax into society then I'm not interrelated in accommodating your vote. Perhaps an exception for those too disabled to work.

The test would be basic economic theory, basic monetary theory, basic morality, some kind of understanding of how society works. Completely unbiased, I'm not looking to screen for political persuasion, just an understanding of the fundamental actions/reactions, levers of power, and so on.

Could probably eliminate 30% of voters with that measure alone.

Billionaires do pay tax mate . . .most of it through capital gains.

The real problem with this Brexit is the young ones . . .they are the most misguided.

brainwashed the only way to solve the issue is through re-education

My Dad hates immigrants and Muslims but wants to stay. I keep telling him to leave but since he's a fireman he's worried without the EU the Tories will make even more cuts to his sector. Plus we come from Liverpool, which the British government actively hates with a passion and has done for decades, so everyone in this community favours the EU over UK. What do?

I said any tax, not income tax. Capital gains is fine by me, their vote would count. I am myself a business owner and employer and am paid mostly via my shareholdings in dividends which are taxed, and of course my companies pay UK corporation tax.

The young people are the most indoctrinated, and are the easiest to frighten, and finally they have the least life-experience to know how business and trade works.

Politicians can no more "press a button" to destroy trade, than they can press another button to make it flourish. The power of politicians in todays global economy is overestimated, not least of all by themselves. Provided they dont fuck-up the currency, "business will find a way".

That said, I make my african customers pay in dollars or sterling, not in oogabooga currency. They dont lie it, but what choice do they have.

No, it's not.

Not when things are so close. Every vote counts so fucking VOTE

I wish the HRE were still around. A load of Germans in their own little states with their own little lords who bicker constantly but occasionally come together to kick ass. It's what the EU should be like.

Do you believe that we have austerity?
Do you believe that a country that still spends more every year than it receives can be described as being "austere"?
Have you heard of the term "baselining", and that the chancellor uses it to tell you he has reduced something when actually he has still grown it?
Did you know that when he says "the NHS budget is being cut by 1%" he actually means that it was going to be increased in the future by 5% but not he's decided that in the future it will only be increased by 4% (hence its been "cut" right?).

twitter.com/ClarkeMicah

Where I'm from people are aware we pay in more than we get out but, due to Thatcher's legacy of neglect of all things not London people suspect if we abandoned the EU we'd go back to getting nothing at all. It is a legitimate fear for many regions of the UK.

You must know as well as I do that, it will not be plane sailing after Brexit . . .it will take a few years to regain any stability and forge new links but it can be done, as you said "business will find a way".

There's very real cuts with the fire service though. Local fire stations being closed down, staff downsized and less engines operating, as well as government pressure to increase age of retirement for fire officers. It might not be the same nationwide but the cuts are definitely felt in this case. Luckily he's pretty high up and competent so he won't ever be sacked but it's still his coworkers and friends being left without income and local people becoming legitimately less safe. There are a few cases of fires killing people because fire stations closing means engines have to come from further away on some areas so people end up dead before arrival.

>but, due to Thatcher's legacy of neglect
Labour had enough time to correct this but did they????? . .. .NO. They made no effort whatsoever, so I just can't understand the mindset here.

It's about time Northerners got away from this outdated viewpoint and moved on.

If you got nothing at all, would-not people relocate to more prosperous areas where there were genuine opportunities for employment and growth?

Would you rather your community be put on a drip-feed of subsistence, condemned to eek-out a meagre existence in the hope that sometime, somehow, someone might return to the area and bring with them mass employment?

I am all for compensating losers (and I dont mean "losers" as an insult, I mean people who lose when an industry dies or something beyond their control happens) but not forever. To keep these places on minimum life-support is ultimately not helpful. People wish their lives away in such places. It is cruel.

I agree. It took Australia and NZ some years to recover from being dumped by us. I have 1st hand knowledge of that.

The North are safe Labour seats, so Labour have to do nothing to earn votes whilst the Tories don't try. So nothing ever changes.

Just show them the Brexit movie if you can't get across the points yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=eYqzcqDtL3k

OK, I'll take your word on that. I know next to nothing about fighting fires.
However, I do know that in 1981 there were about 800 deaths from fires in the UK.
In 2015 there were only 250.
The downward trend has been steady for the last 35 years.

I presume smoke alarms, flame retardant furniture, fewer smokers, less open fires for heating, and better building regulations (fire alarms, sprinklers, fire-doors) are not making quite such a large fire service so necessary as it once was?

SPREAD IT AROUND, SPREAD IT AROUND LIKE WIIIILLDDDFIIREEE.

even I don't have an interest in watching this. I need some quick-fire points about how holidays to spain won't be effected

You can't be bothered to watch a short documenty? How fucking lazy are you?

Don't these morons care about immigration?
Don't they care about their ability to control their lives and their future freedoms?
Do they want to be a minority on their own god dam country?

You must have some thicko parrents, i really am sorry.

But if all they care about is spain remind them of how easy it is to go to other non-european countries. And considering how many paying-UK nationals go to Spain to prop up thier shitty econemy i highly dount they'd put hurdles in the way.

1. Holidays to Spain wont be effected.
2. Holidays to Spain wont be affected.

>I need some quick-fire points about how holidays to spain won't be effected

People go on holiday all around the world . . . .No problem, Spain will be no different.

>You can't be bothered to watch a short documenty? How fucking lazy are you?

It's preaching to the choir. It's for undecided people, not me.

They.. kinda do. Just the basic view of it by the general population.
They don't think about it too much.
They don't think about that too much.

They're not stupid, I think they're either just being ignorant or being selfish and they find it hard to listen to their autistic son.

All they really care about is Spain. () So it won't be effected, basically? Also Spain won't try and compromise their economy? I can try it I guess.

You need to grow some balls soon son. I was born an autist but if you gain some confidence, stop self-anaylsing so much people might begin to respect you and what you say.

Remind them of Immigration, i don't know where you live but remember this
More people = Higher high prices and rents ( harder for your siblings to settle down)
More people = More strain on NHS, Schools, Infrastucture, roads, destruction of farmland etc. etc.

European union = commie super state
EU = More restrictons, centralization and loss of SOVIENTY

You need to be passionate, plebs respond the best to whoevers the loudest and who seems the strongest morally.

rule Burt Anne Jah

Fuck off Avatar fag . . ..and take your shitty anime with you.

LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY
MOTHER OF THE FREE
HOW SHALL WE EXTOL THEE
WHO ARE BORN OF THEE
WIDER STILL AND WIDER
SHALL THY BOUNDS BE SET
GOD WHO MADE THEE MIGHTY
MADE THEE MIGHTIER YET
GOD WHO MADE THEE MIGHTY
MADE THEE MIGHTIER YET

I don't see that happening, ever.

For immigration, we live in a very white area so it's quite hard to explain but I try my best. But my sister just starts shouting and it frustrates me and I can't think out my points.

That's a good point about higher house prices, rent, NHS etc, might be an appealing point of view.

But really, I can't see myself being confident enough to sway anyone verbally. I have bad voice projection and even then my thoughts get muddled when I speak. I try to appeal to moral sensibilities, believe me.

tfw a bunch of faggot chickenshit communists broke our union with the empire

>....

Fuck off back to Reedit underage newfag. You know what I’m saying is the truth you pathetic piece of crap, but mummy and daddy won't say it to your face. I'm pretty sure from your lack of confidence in yourself your a disappointment to your parents and i doubt they'd ever take you seriously.

Grow some balls and suprise your parents.

I feel this is an accurate representation of what will be happening on the 24th in the Conservative Party

>architecture and arts edition
>posts pageantry

Your flag (the real one) is still on the UK's flag, we haven't forgotten about you

I don't care what you say . . . .avatar fagging is against the rules.

Please go away.