How is the housing situation in your country?

How is the housing situation in your country?

>Munich
>it's bad
>thankfully, still not London-tier bad

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_light
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what's the best and worst neighborhood to live in Munich?

Worst: Ramersdorf-Perlach, Berg am Laim.
Best: Schwabing, Maxvorstadt, Starnberg (lel).

Mind that the worst parts of Munich are still okay-ish, compared to cities that are REALLY bad.

I know, Schwabing is really nice, what about Alte Heide where the cemetery is?

>london
Pic related house on my road

>Toronto
>Two beds, two baths
>Almost no renovation at all
>Within the city
>$899,900

It's an okayish place, but not too much around it.

Plan to move here? We have lots of Italians.

is it forbidden to have more than three stories and use something other than grey or red bricks in london?

nope, I have been to Muenchen a ton of times though I wanted to ask you that.

to answer OP's question

>Milan
>worse than the rest of Italy, average for a single room is 450€/month with the ones in the near-center ring being all over 500/500€ and the ones in the shit areas being more around 400€, in the very center you get rooms for over 700€ and sometimes into the 1000's.

I don't know house prices

>worse than the rest of Italy, average for a single room is 450€/month with the ones in the near-center ring being all over 500/500€ and the ones in the shit areas being more around 400€, in the very center you get rooms for over 700€ and sometimes into the 1000's.

that's INSANELY cheap, and the rest of italy is better? cool.

but i guess that the average italian earns no more than 1000e after taxes.

it's cheaper in the rest of Italy, I think 500€ for a single room in a shared apartment is not that cheap, even if you make over 1000€

Canadian houses and neighborhoods usually look so pretty.

>$899,900
Is that supposed to be a lot, or cheap?

>tfw pay

so how much does one typically earn in milano, after taxes?

that's more than most hungarians earn in their lifetime

is eesti worth visiting? be honest. i'm afraid it'll look like poland, and that's a horrible thing.

>so how much does one typically earn in milano, after taxes?

I have no idea on average, I make around 900€/month with a part time job, my parents make 4000€/month but their pays are high for Italy.

Why wont brits build vertically?

For a German, probably not. I never visited Poland but I think the only thing worthy coming for here is the Tallinn old town, and you can definitely find that in Poland

We get tons of Finnish daytrippers because here they find the old town that they lack

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_light

This might have something to do with it

>Auckland
>shits fucked man

>that's more than most hungarians earn in their lifetime

That's why everyone had already left for Berlin and Stuttgart. Enjoy being a Hungarian colony :^)

Because commie-style apartment blocks look horrible, even worse than cheap terraced houses. That said, we do have quite a few commie-style apartment blocks already.

A better question is: why won't brits close down the borders, so the supply of houses can catch up to the demand.

Your house prices aren't as much a result of immigration, as of speculation. Real estate is a business in the UK. And it's becoming one in Germany as well, sadly.

1 bedroom flat downtown Reykjavík Iceland, about 400,000 €/$.

Fuck airbnb
Fuck tourists
Fuck that 78% increase of prices in 6 years.

Expensive. If you get out of Toronto and the surrounding GTA, you can find newer houses that are four times larger for half the price.

That said, it does have a pretty nice yard.

It's both, to be fair. On one hand, we have >300,000 people in the country every year, who need somewhere to live, but houses aren't being built that quickly (which I think is a good thing, we're already developed enough). On the other hand, you've got something like 200,000 properties sitting empty because wealthy Russians, Chinks and Arabs just buy them up because they know they'll go up in value. I'd favour some sort of law where no person or organisation is allowed to own more than 3 residential properties and that foreign owners must be required to live in the property for at least some of the year. Not sure how viable those are though.

You'd be surprised, its three-sided

Extremely affluent Sudanese expatriates, with decades of savings and returning from the US, Europe and the Gulf states, pay exhorbitant rates because of manipulative officials and disgusting realtors

Impoverished locals who retained possession of their ancestral homes in extremely expensive areas, sometimes demonstrated to be more expensive per meter than Tokyo and London, not even exaggerating.

Impoverished and socially disadvantaged groups trying to protect their dignity while creating mud based homes in distant areas of the capital

You bombed all out older larger buildings
Only Victorian buildings remain

The best ones are 1~2m usd

of course it's viable. there simply has to be the political will to focus on the real issues. it's lacking, in both germany and the uk. in the uk especially, though, you just blamed your homemade problems on a political union.

yeah, you icelanders are crowded out by wealthy icelandaboos (tourists) that drive prices up.

>I'd favour some sort of law where no person or organisation is allowed to own more than 3 residential properties and that foreign owners must be required to live in the property for at least some of the year. Not sure how viable those are though.

Neither is really workable. First one could be circumvented by registering the home under the name of a relative or employee, and for the second one, all you need to do is switch houses every couple of months.

>returning from the US, Europe and the Gulf states, pay exhorbitant rates because of manipulative officials and disgusting realtors

who in his right mind would do that?

>property in mexico

i'll rather stick with lottery tickets.

You eventually have to settle down and aid your non-immediate family, the government ensures that all rates rise, including building materials because their hypocritical shitslamists

Recently people have been foregoing resettling here at all

sounds like a harsh life. always reminds me how lucky i was to get to live in germany. stay strong and remember, it could always be worse, you could be south sudanese or syrian.

Thank you for that thoughtful sentiment, I appreciate

I've been slacking around as a NEET because of my privileged upbringing, the time is coming where me and my brothers need to step up and avoid any financial troubles following my parent's retirement

Do you not think free movement of people contributes? It's the main reason I voted Leave desu. It's just completely unsustainable - obviously if some countries (i.e. western european countries) have a more generous welfare state and higher salaries than others (eastern european countries), then people will flock to them. That's why the populations of our countries are growing so rapidly and almost all through immigration. There were lots of things about the EU that I liked, but it really was the right decision (the only decision) to leave, in my opinion.

At least it would make it more difficult, that's the main thing. Not sure if you'd be able to close down those loopholes in the law or not.

Not anymore. Prices have gone too high. More and more tourist prefer to cancel their trip to Iceland. They'd rather loose the flight money than face the prices here.

But still, It's getting difficult for single individuals to face the rent princes where all activities are located. Make it 2500/3000€ for a decent 2 bedroom flat in the center / nearest areas. I didn't move to Iceland 5 years ago to deal with that shit and live in the suburbs like I do in Paris.

Is it worth it, at least?

the ability to control immigration is very important and that's the single legit reason to leave the eu.
but the thing is, i highly doubt you'll get to control your immigration. switzerland doesn't, norway doesn't.

You can still make a good living here. And with the usual tricks to save money on food and stuff like that you can still save a lot. But it's getting harder as more and more people are traveling / immigrating to the country. Speaking 4 languages fluently and having 12 years of experience as a retail manager is seen at beast as "basic exp nobody cares about".

Agreed, and also agreed that we probably won't control our immigration for the next 4 years at least. Both May and Corbyn will probably keep it at the same levels, sadly. But I think if we'd voted Remain it would have given the EU a mandate to continue with its globalist, neoliberal ways. I know those are buzzwords, but I also think they're accurate. They took too much power and had no democratic accountability, I hope the whole thing gets properly reformed (in which case I'd like to re-join) or falls apart completely (which would be sad, but preferable to allowing the EU superstate to flourish).

They'd still do it.

In Vancouver, the market was tamped down for awhile by the introduction of a foreign homebuyer tax, but now it's starting to go up again.

>given the EU a mandate to continue with its globalist, neoliberal ways. I know those are buzzwords

those aren't (just) buzzword, but what's striking is that the UK - not the EU - pushed for neoliberal, globalist policies, by opening the housing market for foreign speculators, lowering education services to safe money, abandoning industry in favor of finance.

those were your internal decisions. france and germany are less neoliberal than the UK is.

It's fucked desu. We need to find some sort of policy to counter it, homes are too important to people's happiness to be treated like just another commodity.

Again, probably true. I've hated every government we've had since Blair. Even though I disagree with a fair amount of what Corbyn says, I really hope he gets in tomorrow because he's a genuine alternative to the neoliberals. He probably won't though. Regardless, at least now we have the power to vote in someone who can help us break those shackles - if we were still in the EU, we'd still be bound to a lot of EU laws, so voting in the anti-neoliberals wouldn't have as much of an effect.