I've been wanting to do a Cthulhu tattoo for a while, but just found out that Lovecraft was racist...

I've been wanting to do a Cthulhu tattoo for a while, but just found out that Lovecraft was racist, misoginist and xenophobic af, how should I proceed?

yes

Get two.

/thread

So, facial tattoo?

He was racist for a long time, but if you read his later letters you will see, that he renounced most of his racist and xenophobic views. Still he was a child of his time, so a few degrees of racism and xenophobia have to be expected.

Lmao that would look awesome

If you want it get it. That's one of those popcorn facts without much context.

Yes he was racist and all those things... in the time he lived in. if he lived in today's society, who knows. I do th knwo of any instance where he was outwardly cruel to people. Just kinda a shut-in, jerky, weirdo.

Plus his political views changed with the times along with progressivism. he dying a lot more socially accepting than he started.

From what I read he just hated most "people", not just non-whites

those guys get it

who wasnt in that time

>judging from different time periods by current ideologies

In how many centuries will you look ignorant to another society?

Negroes

theres nothing wrong to be a racist, what does niggers have contributed to society? Tolkien was racist too and look how big is the lord of the rings now

Also feel free to separate the art from the artists.

I like his work.

Get a tattoo of a transgender Cthulhu

pretty much anyone was at his time
also who cares, it does not take away from his stories at all

you mean niggers?

Don't see the problem? Perhaps a bigger tattoo?

>racist, misoginist and xenophobic af
just like almost everyone else in his day.

I'm a bleeding heart liberal, black lives matter, and I wouldn't judge you as a racist for having a Cthulhu tattoo.

I'd judge you for being a pathetic poser with a Cthulhu tattoo.

Tattoo of trap Cthulhu

Read "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" or "The Picture in the House" or "The Dunwich Horror"
The guy clearly didn't think much of shady, secretive, rural white people either. He was basically a shut-in, and preferred to write letters to people rather than meet with them in person.

Fuck bro don't get shitty ink get good ink

Hey Cthulhu still looks cooler than Azattoth, Yog, Dagon and all this shit. A Necromicon tattoo would be also cool btw

Look at that upper lip - you would have to be mad not be a nazi and grow a hitler stash!

I wouldn't get a tattoo of Cthulhu, since his frightening visage is truly unknowable to anyone sane.

Instead, get the Elder Sign as protection against what make come in the night.

this2

Do it anyway. His writings don't reflect his personal views

Didn't he marry a Jew?

def get it then

Finally a proper answer

Johanssen actually made to see Cthulhu and keep his mind on until he got killed by a black sailor. Actually, isn't It funny how in The Call of Cthulhu all that inteligent white man doens't have a clue about the Old Ones, while the black people were far beyond they?

That's true, actually. But it did turn his hair white because of the horribleness of the vision.

I like the story about the guy getting gangbanged by Arabs on top of the Great Pyramid