youtube.com/watch?v=PWgvGjAhvIw
youtube.com/watch?v=gG3o2JgMR7s
youtube.com/watch?v=WPw7nlluRdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're trying too hard

a revival of goth might not be a bad thing

>listens to the cure once

This desu
I can't tell if they're seriously Goth now or if it's just dress-up for this one video

>doesn't get it

fucking faggot

lmao this

>mgmt

fuck off, it isn't 2009 anymore

That hair is ridiculous

Is that Connan Mockasin in this video?

they are a bit jokes. i just noticed there is a fucking bat on the mic stand...

seems like a mix of hipster irony with goth aesthetic.
Much like how they used to be irony bro hippies

t-t-they stil have another Congratulations in them r-r-ight guys?

this doesn't sound remotely like anything goth. It's just dress-up

I do like the song, i hope they explore electronics and synth pop more

It sounds very much like the Cure, not Goth Rock Cure, but still like the Cure

this is gold lads

shit is garbage
trst is the king of that sound
youtube.com/watch?v=pr8hE0sQL3w

are we accelerating forward into a Mausian future of medieval influenced sincere synth pop?

Let's think about it another way: if the video didn't feature people dressed up as Robert Smith would you compare this song to the Cure?

Yeah, I heard the song without the video first and pretty much the first thing I thought was "this sounds like the Cure"

too bad they only have 3 good songs

Zwei dunkle Jungen und ein Mädchen

their probably doing a single tribute to goth, i dont think its ever coming back

Sounds like a mix of the cure and echo and the bunnymen

Yeah you also didn't see op's pic related. Stop embarrassing yourself

I heard this song yesterday on the radio, well before this thread was made user

Ok I listened to the song again and the vocals actually resemble Smith a bit

>Hippies are out, goth is in

I wish. Is there anything worse than this whole hippie trend going on? It's not even JUST fashion trends people are following at this point, it's political trends too, which results in a pretty colossal amount of ignorance.

OOOOOOOOH FORGIVING WHO YOU ARE

Goth is good.

He has robert smith hair, but the song sounds more like depeche mode if anything. It has too much electronics to sound like the cure.
Also the video doesnt take itself too seriously

being hippies big in early teens, hope andchange obongo ea is over. Now everyone depressed and goth

isn't that the point of goth?

What's some good tongue in cheek goth, like The Gothic Archies?
youtube.com/watch?v=GuDLQAJFUg0
youtube.com/watch?v=o27kP3Yuw1A
youtube.com/watch?v=vZVg72FaeMo
youtube.com/watch?v=gZM4RwyYWn4

Your dick is ridiculous

Well nobody else is trying at all

It also kinda sounds like The Damned.

Hello.

We are The Frozen Autumn.

We kept darkwave going in its purest form throughout the 2000s and 2010s when nobody gave a shit about it.

We also have back-combed hair and stuff.

Have a nice day.

I really hope goth doesn't take off. Don't get me wrong, I like goth, but it doesn't need to be raped by the mainstream yet again.

Goth revival's been happening for a while.
Let's just hope it doesn't go full mainstream with this, that would certainly ruin it.

That is true, but don't forget that goth was pretty mainstream in the early 80s.
I mean The Cure, Siouxsie and the Sisters of Mercy weren't exactly underground.

And right now, when teenagers think "goth" they think "Lil Peep, Melanie Martinez and Bones". Would you rather have these fucks be remembered as the archetypes of what it means to be goth in the following years?

And let's hope that trannies like yourself don't fully appropriate it.

rap and pop are shit at being goth.

MGMT guy even has the cure hair

omg nooo the name and picture ahhh i like mgmt noooo lmfaoooo

The closest we ever got to decent goth rap was that "ghost drone" microtrend started by Salem where you pitch your vocals down and add reverb and then rap slowly over darkwave with hip hop beats

and even that is only just barely listenable

>>>/youtube/

LOL IS GOTH revival basically ripping off the cure
look if this thing wants to come back we need a new direction. if not it'll just die off in 2 yrs lmao

better come back in a pure and healthy state for 2 years than to bastardize itself forever.

You want a new trendy direction for goth? There's one right now, it's called emo rap.

>a new direction for goth
>its called Emo

you heard me
lil peep with the both boy clique

that's called bastardization, and that's what happens 99% of the time someone tries to give something "a new direction"

goth boy*

it's not intentionally terrible so of course Sup Forums doesn't like it

>implying it wasn't raped by the mainstream by fucking 1997

Every aesthetic movement is and always will be trash that guarantees your shit will be corny and dated, like, tomorrow.

goth and emo are different things you fuckking nigger rap plebes

the bands emos listen to are different than goth, emos have that flippy hair, goths have that big robert smith hair, emos want to kill themselves, goths want to kill other people

emo rap has nothing to do with goth.... besides peep saying goth over and over
if you wanna go by that rules i guess blackkray and goth money records is part of goth also
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXLszw9MhgM

Not for the general public of today.

Today, all it takes for music to be goth is to be made by
-a chick with black lipstick
-a guy with pink hair

it's fucking bullshit but it's the way things are. It's what happens when people take things in "a new direction"

>pink

goths wouldnt wear bright colors

or listen to nigger music

and neither has existed since 2001 so none of this matters cause they don't exist outside of music videos and tour makeup.

I know. But in order to make goth viable in the long run again you have to combine it with something popular. And the only thing that's popular right now is rap.

So choose: do you want goth to die or do you want it to survive in an unrecognizable state?

>viable

who gives a shit you fucking jew

>muh popularity

kill yourself

holy shit i bet you unironcally say "my brand" or some stupid shit. Go to the nearest kitchen and stab yourself

don't tell that to me, tell that to this fuck

This is just an unfunny parody of goth. When they're performing it's like the Tim and Eric goth skit.

>muh goth is not emo!!!

Don't be retarded, for 99% of people goth, emo, punk and metal are the exact same thing.

Maybe with the video but the song sounds like they're not trying shit.
Not even

>doesn't get it

fucking faggot

this desu senpai

bump

When will this fucking 80s nostalgia end.

Just when you thought darkwave duos would finally fade out these fags make goth hipster-friendly again.
Maybe murrica was safe from the trend in the last decade, but Europe and South America are literally flooded with darkwave/minimal-synth duos

dude

Hopefully it never ends. 80s pop culture is quite objectively the best of the past century

To be fair, trannies often suit the goth look best because of their strong features and lanky builds

Yes but goth is more about using androgynous fashion style to be glamorous, not as a tool to "pass" (i.e trick people and yourself) more easily.

yes

they can’t straight up plagiarize the cure but they can steal the vocals and play lame crystal castles type shit underneath

pc music needs to come back and save us from this mess
they were giving us 2000s revival

the 2000s are the absolute shithole of pop culture

one mans shithole is another mans treasure.
have fun dick sicking your mom and dads old things bitch boy

why the fuck would anybody want to revive 2000s pop music

Your treasure is objectively shit.

I mean objectively. It's not up to your appreciation of the situation, it's the way things are.

Emos.

Emos wasted their youth being cringeworthy faggots and they're looking for an excuse to retroactively validate their teenage years.

Either by reviving sceneshit or by reviving equally shitty 2000s pop they didn't really listen to so that they can brag about being alive when it was trendy.

They're all over the fucking place and they're pretty easy to spot.

t.daddy dick sucker
can't hear u over daddys cum in your mouth.

2000's had r&b bangers like this youtube.com/watch?v=_FE194VN6c4

your 80s shit is garbage

>r&b bangers
those are still in full fucking swing, retard, go listen to Drake.

We're still in the same cultural zeitgeist as in 2005, the only thing that's different is that twitter is a political force.

>those are still in full fucking swing, retard, go listen to Drake.

drake cant make bangers like this dumbass youtube.com/watch?v=PWgvGjAhvIw

Yes he can, it's witewashed nigger music, he makes whitewashed nigger music, same formula, it's all 100% garbage.

It hasn't gone out of style yet. The mere fact that you're using words like "banger" to refer to 12 year old music proves that it's effectively the same shit

>buzzwords
>zero arguments
>racism
yikes

fuck off retard

youtube.com/watch?v=gG3o2JgMR7s
I fucking love this song

>dude hey ya is like the best song ever
>yikes

go back to tumblr you fucking dork

Those buzzwords are pinpoint-accurate.

Maybe if they didn't make whitewashed nigger shit I wouldn't call it whitewashed nigger shit, but it's their entire gimmick. They're the ones promoting garbage music as an expression of a loosely african-american racial identity. Maybe if instead they made good music I wouldn't call it shit.

>more racism
>more buzzwords
yikes!!!!

Wow you're really making a case for PC music and "RnB bangers" here mate. You totally don't sound like a delusional retard who's so blindly immersed in his own era that he doesn't even realize how trendy his tastes are.

stop replying to him he can’t help it, he’s sick and needs to get better

thats funny coming from a guy sucking the dick of a horrible cure copy of a dead psych pop band.
har har

Goth revival won't happen. Most new goth bands have been shifting away from goth as both a label and fashion, leaving only the sound. The Horrors tried goth revival, and we all know how it ended.

I like it.

>Hippies are out, goth is in.
>Discuss
ABSOLUTELY.
Except it didn't start just now with MGMT. It started with Grimes about 3-4 months ago.

Grimes has a new album in advanced stages of development rn that's gonna sonically match her current look (because that's the way she operates.) Mark my words - the goth aesthetic is about to come back in a BIG way.

>Except it didn't start just now with MGMT. It started with Grimes about 3-4 months ago.
lol no
started with these guys u fucking poser youtube.com/watch?v=WPw7nlluRdc

Mallgoth maybe

the cheesiest / best decade of all time. 80s nostalgia will never go away