Finally popped out my ingrown toenail fully rather than just getting shards

Finally popped out my ingrown toenail fully rather than just getting shards.

So fucking satisfying not feeling a hard lump in my toe anymore. What's Sup Forumss advice for stopping it coming back?

Don’t clip your nails too far.
Or else you’re fucked.

Cut your to off.

lose weight

How the fuck did you do that?

I say just cut off the fo.

I had EXTREMELY bad ingrown toenails loads as a teenager, had to have surgery on em they swole so much. the best thing to do is to be aware, if you feel even the tiniest sharp pain in your big toe at all get your nail clippers and get it gone. Will save you a night of half a bottle of vodka clippers and salt water in the long run.

Jamming a pair of nail scissors down the side the trick to catch it is to push further into the skin rather than try and hook it and pull it back towards the nail. That way the scissors naturally follow deeper down under the nail. Then it's a case of lifting slowly as much as you can bear a few times, watching to check you got the end clear of your toe. Keep a pair of tweezers handy to grip it towards the end and pull the remaining bit out.

Once it's out, douse your toe in antiseptic

I'll give that a go. Thanks.

Had the nail on my big toe ingrown on both sides. Swollen and a little infected it hurt like no fucking other just to touch it. Got a foot doctor to perform her surgical procedure on it, with a slight risk of losing the nail because she had to lift both sides.

Her post op instructions were to soak it in warm water with epsom salt dissolved in it. I think it was a cup per gallon but it has been many years. 10-15 minutes 2 or 3 times a day for a couple weeks. If you manage to lift and trim the nail I'd do that to help it heal.

Good advice user

You need the nail pulled. Then it has a chance to grow back healthy. If that doesn't work there's shims they can install and finally nail ablation so it can't grow back.

What country?

Go to a fucking podiatrist.

Get them to cut out the offending side's nailbed.

Then that part of your toenail will never grow again.

Pic related. It's my weird-looking thumb toe. On the left you can see the scars where the podiatrist fixed mine. It's never bothered me again.

Australia

Simple answer, STOP cutting your toenails with fingernail clippers. Fingernail clippers have crescent shaped blades and using them on your toes causes ingrown nails. Toenail clippers have straight edged blades. Use those on your feet and never suffer again. Right tool for the right job

fuck that. just pull out when you get it dug in. Do it all at once, its like the first punch in the gut in a fight, but then it goes away a lot faster. Prolonging it just proves that you are a sadist

You are gonna get an infection baby

I had one bad enough I had to go and get it fixed by a podiatrist. they cut it back to the roots on that side so it won't grow back in that spot. now I always cut them long do I don't have that problem again.

1. heat the end of a paper clip till it's red hot
2. then burn where the nail is supposed to grow from
3. nail wont grow back now

Had mine fixed with surgery, best thing ever. It's a heriditary trait, it makes lottle difference how you trim your nails or what shoes you wear

The scissors would slip off and out, the ingrown part was so far back and deep that it required print dragged out sideways which isn't easy when the rest of your toe is in the way of where you want to get leverage

I agree, I think the one I have where it grows out to the back isn't caused by how you trim. That's the kind that digs in at the tip of your toe