White album gave me hope and then rivers goes and fucks it up again....WHY RIVERS?

White album gave me hope and then rivers goes and fucks it up again....WHY RIVERS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cTzubklrkZE&feature=youtu.be
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/weezer/pacific-daydream/
youtube.com/watch?v=t3RO0UMsBss
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Apparently he is still working on the Black Album. We just have to let him get this out of his system. Weekend Woman is a pretty good song though.

source

Can't seem to find the interview but I remember it saying he was still working on it and it was almost completed.

'Beach Boys' will be so horrible that it will be ruled as the cause of Brian Wilson's death.

Screencap this

I feel like them working on the black album along side the other albums is a bad idea. I mean really what does that tell us about the quality of the albums in between? These in between albums might be a big cash grab for the band, and the singles are as shallow as anything

youtube.com/watch?v=cTzubklrkZE&feature=youtu.be

Here it is. He talks about it at 3:23

That looks like a fucking Dream Theater album cover

Was gonna say this

I think he might be insane, he doesn't seem to learn by his mistakes

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/weezer/pacific-daydream/
I'll just leave this here...

Sorry guys I didn't realize that I needed you so much
I thought I'd get a new audience, I forgot that disco sucks

FEELS LIKE SUMMER
SHE WAS A LOVER

rivers doesn't give a shit about anything but money, i think that should be clear by now. people always praise the white album as this "returning back to the shack" type shit, but they always completely skip over the fact that the producer literally had heated arguments with rivers about how it should sound because he wanted it to end up probably how this album itself is ending up.

blue album and pinkerton only are good because that is the style of music that was popular at the time. he also tried his hand at hair metal like 1 year before weezer formed, because that was the most popular type of music at the time. hes just trying to make pop music and doesn't give a shit about the "fans" who like shit from over 20 years ago.

>white album
>being good
A few tracks don't make an album. Hell, the b-sides were better than anything on the album.

Feels Like Summer is a pretty great pop song, at least compared to all the other singles.

rivers is a fucking 9 million percent uncharismatic meditating autist. he likes pop music and wrote some catchy songs when he was a kid, thats it

Why even get hyped anymore, theres alwwys a 25% chance that anything weezer puts out anymore is even kind of good.

We still have hope for the Black Album. It's coming soon after Pacific Daydream.

wrote like 10 good songs between 1994-2001

people still think he has it in him

Happy Hour is fucking horrid

I thought it was alright, better than Feels Like Summer and Mexican Fender.

the album hasn't been released has it? where did all you anons hear pacific daydream songs?

Half of the album has been released officially. No leaks of the full album yet.

to be fair, their's look a lot worse

>that font
eww, at least weezer makes the fonts look simple and nice.

Making "great" music is for single male musicians.

Once you're married, all that matters is money. Why make amazing music? Groupies aren't going to fuck you anymore for it, your #1 goal needs to make as much money as possible to provide for your family.

It's the mature thing to do.

>provide for the family
He is over compinsating. He could have had enough money from just the first two Weezer albums and touring to live comfy

>first two
Pinkerton did awful back when it was released.

New song just showed up in my recs
I'm so fucking worried boys
youtube.com/watch?v=t3RO0UMsBss

Eh? It's already out, it was a promotional single. It's not horrendous imo, just generic. Some really bad lyrics though, and I doubt Brian appreciates the samples of his abusive father.

I listened to some of the new stuff. Not impressed. I figure they're making a grab for all the kiddies and their (parents) money just as they have in the past. I suppose I can still look forward to The Black Album.

lmao as if groupies came with amazing music

so if this is true, this is just a throw away album.

Wow, this is fucking garbage.

Welp. There it is

what the fuck is this shit

The music is just too #litty for you guys, its ok.

He is an autist and is merely writing pop music for social acceptance. Rivers has never cared about anything more than fitting in. All we've got to do is make being sad cool.

Oh come on
I enjoyed Feels Like Summer and Mexican Fender but that one is awful
I really can't wait until the fucking black album came out

>hes just trying to make pop music and doesn't give a shit about the "fans" who like shit from over 20 years ago.

rivers is like 40 years old on the verge of 50 and he thinks he is like justin timberlake or some shit but he is some minorly successful late 90's alt rocker who has done everything in his power to destroy his bands legacy

maladroit was good

lol the album art is SO bad
almost competes with this

Someone described the music for this album as adam sandler movie soundtrack music and it is both funny and true

cant wait for weezer : feels like summer (chains smokers remix) (shrek 5 soundtrack) (ft. pitbull)

that title alone makes me depressed

how come rivers used to be obsessed with japan and hes obsessed with mexico

Anti-Trump intensifies

the mexican thing is new but rivers has always had a Japaneses fetish

>tfw experienced pinkerton through one of the worst phases of teenage years
>tfw found comfort in raw, angsty noise of their cult masterpiece
>tfw laughed and enjoyed blue album when things started getting better
>tfw thought weezer would always be somewhat special
>tfw gradually discover newer albums and don't like them that much but it's fine
>tfw you see the band that you listened to on repeat during some of your worst stages descend into making pop trash

why rivers. why have you done this. please stop.

rivers is a high functioning autist

explains everything

pop=trash?
not acknowledging the new wilsonbrian who went nuts and still poppy?
woof

no user. i didn't say pop /is/ trash. i said what they've started making is bad pop. generic, bland and completely devoid of anything unique that made them stand out in the first place (separating them from run of the mill shit like imagine dragons).

I know this feel

Lol rivers was putting out shit years before he got married.