What is Sup Forums opinion on Patton? I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned here? Why?

What is Sup Forums opinion on Patton? I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned here? Why?

youtube.com/watch?v=CYhHIe_UELM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uYjnWXFTQkM?t=57
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Sup Forums is full of spiteful foreigners who would just fling shit.

great script by coppola

>tfw hearing the story of an user who's granddad wasn't allowed to fight due to his job and haunted him all his life and got to this scene and he had to leave the room.

why

vump

>Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, What did you do in the great World War Two? You won't have to say, Well, I shoveled shit in Louisiana. Alright now, you sons of bitches, you know how I feel. I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere. That's all.

In WWII in the U.S., people actually felt sincere guilt over not serving.

It's a goddam masterpiece. Not much to say besides either how much you love it or how much of a pinko faggot you are.

despite what your initial impressions of it might be, with the opening scene fooling most, it's really not such a big pro-war, rah rah America movie. Much better regarded as a character study.

I thought it was on the meh side. Didn't really impress me other than what a great cunt George C Scott could play

Why not quit his job? He's so willing to die that it can't be out of support for his family. Sounds like a puss to me

Objectively a great movie and one of the greatest acting performances in Hollywood history by Scott.

And this isn't one of those 'conservative only' movies. I'm a liberal and fucking love it. You can't not respect the titanic performance of Scott in this movie.

You couldn't quit your job if it was considered vital to the war effort.

Eh, it's a pretty decent meditation on warfare as a romantic pursuit and as something people form their identities around. The closing voice-over is pretty poignant when the chief driving force behind Patton's character over the course of the film is military victory and glory because it's what he believes he was created to do.

In my case the guy was selling something like weaponry or something deemed "important" enough to not let a skilled worker like him to fight.
So he just kept working while his comrades died in wars.
It's really a sign of the times, that someone would really feel bad to not join the cause, even when you had a perfectly good and important reason to.

Does anyone else think this film is a great critique of the US military industrial complex?
>both sides use US equipment
>corrupt businesses literally supply nazis with tanks that kill American soldiers
Really stirring stuff.

reminder that Scott's Patton was a far more intimidating speaker than the real man.

youtu.be/uYjnWXFTQkM?t=57

a great movie that seems ripe for memes, let's craft some

>muh cowardice

The movie made me hate that smug faggot Montgomery.

>>corrupt businesses literally supply nazis with tanks that kill American soldiers

are you talking about the movie or World War II? There's not a lot of commerce and business in the movie.

Apart from that woman trying to sell Patton dead chickens.

The movie. Both sides use the same tanks, how else would they have the same tanks if some tank company wasn't supplying both sides?

You mean, the movie studio and producers that obtained all the vehicles for the production?

It's not like there was an American production company that dressed up the US tanks and a German company that dressed up the German ones. They used newer tanks because it's what they could get their hands on and dressed them up as best they could to look like Allied and Axis tanks. I don't understand your "both sides" question.

Never mind user.

it was a shit meme desu senpai

It certainly tanked.

Any /k/ fags in here that know enough to tell me if Patton was an operator?

Patton literally had a fashion designer make his uniform

Was he out line slapping that cowardly soldier?