Sup Forums doesn't like Pavement anymore

>Sup Forums doesn't like Pavement anymore
what happened?

ahooooooooooo starlings in the slipstream

Reddit came, and they hate white people who don't have cringeworthy face tattoos.

Pavement is for faggots and nu-males too afraid to listen to The Fall.

>Sup Forums hates Pavement now
Do they??

Maybe they grew up and realized how bad Pavement is.

literal pleb filter.
redditors and newfags can't into stephen's genius.

no that's just how you start a thread for a band you wanna talk about

Sup Forums never liked Pavement. There was even a screenshot of a thread that was like “overrated albums” and seven consecutive posts were Slanted and Enchanted.

Sup Forums is a Pumpkins board and always will be

Indie is out, and hip hop is in now. Thats why OP.

i didn't like them at first mostly because of the overblown rating, but then i gave them a proper listen. they're ok, but not a band i'd recommend

i like pavement. i don’t care what people think

Two songs man, that's all. Come On now, both are great and different

I love them dearly, they're probably my favorite band. Best songs, anyone?

Here; absolutely perfect song (also brilliantly used in Hal Hartley's Amateur)

I still like them, fuck the haters desu

I can find much more than 12 posts of people praising thw album.

Comfy to think about The fact that it was recorded On Christmas Day. My favorites from that album is Summer Babe, In The Mouth Of A Desert and Loretta's Scars

They're still ok to me. But as you get older and start listening to more music you realize how overrated they are.

Wowee Zowee > S&E > BtC > CR,CR > Terror

Montie started liking them

Fuck you, I love them

This, it's difficult to take this kind of music seriously if you're over 20 year old, coupled with the fact that young people these days aren't really interested in rock music. So them losing popularity is only natural.
kekked

>it's difficult to take this kind of music seriously if you're over 20 year old
Why? Give me examples of what you think is mature

Dude probably thinks bumping avant noise makes you mature as fuck. I swear, so called "patricians" are the rick and morty fans of Sup Forums. They think they have the IQ of Hawking or some shit because they can get down to some random ass static and dudes fisting each other on a mic.

All good

Nonsensical lyrics and poppy chord progressions can only take a band so far.

>mature
Don't put words i didn't say into my mouth
You sound insecure as fuck despite not necessary being, making assumptions like this because someone has a different opinion is always a bad move. I agree with you though that "patricians" don't really exist and that noise can be pretentious garbage.

Here is the only bad song on S&E

I've only listened to slanted and enchanted but that's a pretty good album

No way even if you don't like Here there's much more pure shit on that record that you surely couldn't like more

Mu realised that Tocotronic is a better version of Pavement

I like Pavement. All of their albums are 8-10/10, and they have a ton of great b-sides. Smashing Pumpkins suck COCK btw.

Harness your hopes is particularly good imo

Are you a real music fan if you stop enjoying bands that are no longer fashionable?

Holy shit are you me?

>nonsensical

swap crooked rain and slanted and this is correct

They sound terrible in every way. I wouldn't even call this shit music.

Slanted w/ the bonus content is their only good one, and Terror Twilight, the rest is the worst 90's Indie Rock had to offer

Archers, Polvo, BtS, and GBV were the superior bands and lot less annoying

Guided by Voices *less* annoying
Ok.

They're 92-97 run was GOAT

my nigga.
Also Wowee Zowee and Brighten the Corners are two of my fav 90s albums.
Stephen started doing some neat jam-based stuff with his new band the Jicks

*Their

With Joanna Bolme and Janet Weiss (for a while)!

I mean, that was the lesser of your mistakes

Sup Forums started getting into music that was actually good, like sloshy.

Steven's solo projects and other collaborations are nearly all better than Pavement IMO. If you want his weird side, listen to Silver Jews. If you want to hear his guitar skills, listen to The Jicks. If you want both listen to Oysterhead. Pavement was just never coherent enough for me to get into, too much random whining and harsh noise from the guitars it just doesnt fit together like some of the better noise-rock albums

dunno why it was inexplicably popular in the first place. the vocals suck.